Author Topic: Screenshots Release Thread  (Read 107423 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
The explosions are still a subject to change. We'll sort it out after my return I guess :)

Nice pictures, Starman, I just wish you would turn the specular mapping on :) Or are you using Catalyst 5.5+?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 08:32:04 am by 639 »
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Looking very nice. Can't wait to play :yes:

Btw, have you considered using my starfield skysphere? Or do you have something cooler brewing in your secret laboratory? ;7

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Flying off to work.....

@Tolwyn: This time I had the specmaps enabled, though not that I see much difference here :confused: . I'm currently using the omega-drivers, which gave me + 45 FPS (at least according to the freespace-counter) :)

[Rant-Mode] : I hate that turret-arm erection. Damn you volition for making the turretcode such a mess that the SCP-Gurus can't fix that :( [/Rant-Mode]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 02:37:21 pm by 1072 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
@Starman: ATI driver versions 5.5 or higher no longer support spec mapping in the direct X mode.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, I thought this was just a bug and will be resolved with later drivers. Not that it hurts me, since I don't want to play with shinemaps anyway :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
radeons MUST be in OpenGL to be able to use specular - specular highlighting is not in the d3d specification so when ATI got strict about conforming to the spec they dropped it (so technically the fact that specular works in D3D at all is the drivers supporting things that are not in spec)
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

would ATI driver roll-back fix that? or am I just SOL with my otherwise wonderful ATI Radeon 98XX?

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
just play in OpenGL
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Originally posted by Starman01
[Rant-Mode] : I hate that turret-arm erection. Damn you volition for making the turretcode such a mess that the SCP-Gurus can't fix that :( [/Rant-Mode]

A bit offtopic but,

Why won't you use animation code to align the turrets?
$Subsystem:                     turret05,    3.4, 20.0
$Default PBanks:        ( "MTGun Twin" ) ;MTGun Twin
$animation=triggered
$type="inital"
+relative_angle:        90,0,0

EDIT: Try copying the last three lines to multipart turret table entries. First number is barrel elevation in degrees (0 = normal barrel elevation, 90 = level), second number is turret facing in degrees (for topside turrets 0=front, downside turrets 180= front) and third number doesn't work.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 01:43:39 am by 2625 »
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Because the code had been removed and was resubmitted just a short while ago.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Exactly, and I already fixed the ships.tbl to display all turrets in a correct matter. Nevertheless, thanks for the input Wanderer :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Originally posted by Kazan
just play in OpenGL

Unfortunately, OpenGL has some problems for me. Menus have what I'm guessing are transparency issues and OpenGL is just slower in general in my experience... And not Env support at that... *cries*

wow... I could be completely wrong... but Catalyst 10.x seems to support spec... alls I know is that env works and ships are so much shinier than they ever were ever since I installed it a few hours ago...

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Re: Screenshots Release Thread
Hi there!

I'd like to ask:
What about a few new Screenshots?
That would be very nice, for I've been jumping around nervously for quite a while, waiting for new screenshots and, of course, for the game itself.

:)

Btw: What I've seen already from that game is great. Good work!     :yes:

Aginor
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Indeed, it's about a time. The thing is, we (the dev-team) are getting so much used to the game that we are not thinking about that and rather work on boring stuff like installers or so :)

I'm going to take a few screenshot in a short time.

MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
From the prologue:

I'm using the HDRish postfilter (ATI). ;)

--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Looks nice. Maybe a little bit strong for my taste since it seams to be applied to everything bit still nice.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
meh I prefer my NVIDIA Geforce 7950GX2

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))