Author Topic: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!  (Read 19984 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Wing Commander Saga now hiring!
Subject : Wing Commander Saga now hiring !

Hello folks,

Wing Commander Saga is a Freespace 2 Total-Conversion for the famous and
outstanding Wing Commander series.

We have come a long way since the beginning, and with the time we enhanced the project more and more, not only due to the possibilites the SCP-Project give us, but also through the experience we become during our work. Currently we are working on our prologue campaign, beginning of an epic storyline set in the WC3 timeline which will be continued in the release of the main game, which is however still far in the future.

In order to finish off our project, we could use the additional help of the following staffers:

- 2D artists / texturer, who are capable of drawing maps at same quality
level of the other project artwork. See our Screenshot-release-topic for details.
- 2D artists, who could make basic anims for ship/weapon loadout-icons and
briefing-icons
- voice actors

additionaly we are looking for :

- modelers and unwrappers
- mission designers are always welcome

Candidates have to be able to work well with other people and be able to keep a secret.

Here is your chance to prove to the rest of the world that the Wing Commander Community is still more than alive. You can post here, or send me a PM, it is up to you. Tell us your qualifications and why we should take you on. If possible we would appreciate it if you can show us a sample of your work.

For additional information check our website : http://www.wcsaga.com
Watch our latest screenshots: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,17740.0.html
and download our latest trailer : http://www.scifi-3d.de/downloads/wcsaga/trailer/trailer_640.rar

So take your chance to become a team-member of the Wing Commander Saga Team. We are looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Tolwyn
Project Leader

========================================
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 12:44:08 pm by Starman01 »
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Filler

yay!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Filler
yay!

you should have the nifty wcsaga avatar and the internal access in a couple of hours.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
A couple of hours? Did you really expect HLP admin service to be that prompt? ;)

That said, it's done. Welcome to HLP, Filler. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
an Admiral can expect such a service, right, young man? ;)

Seriosly, that was really quick. Thank you for your quick response :D

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
hey f0kker, how's the campaign going? (sorry, couldn't resist calling you that).

looks like it has a lot of potential.  i'm looking forward to it :yes: :)

EDIT:  i guess i should call you Tolwyn ;)  Why did you change your name? just curious.

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
Stealth long time no see well mods going fine, check the screenshot topic to see the progress :D
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Stealth
EDIT:  i guess i should call you Tolwyn ;)  Why did you change your name? just curious.

is there something I am not aware of? :nervous:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
hmmm OOOHK...

i thought Roy Fokker was an moderator of this forum, and then i saw that Tolwyn was, and i figured (don't ask me why) that you must've changed your name

Sorry Tolwyn, sorry Roy ;)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Stealth
hmmm OOOHK...

i thought Roy Fokker was an moderator of this forum, and then i saw that Tolwyn was, and i figured (don't ask me why) that you must've changed your name

Sorry Tolwyn, sorry Roy ;)

lol, he changes his username and has at once over 1100 posts ;) Interesting, the forum software must be buggy :D

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Tolwyn

lol, he changes his username and has at once over 1100 posts ;) Interesting, the forum software must be buggy :D

well when you change usernames you retain your original post count you know

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
yeah, but Roy had only 200 postings when he joined us ;) But he is very active (and effective)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i like him.  i don't really know him, but anyone with a name like that has got to be badass :D

Nice trailers! Always happy to see WC is still alive :)
It keeps my spirit up :p

If you need a voice actor Im willing to help out.

Ive got a deep base voice. I speak good english with a slight european accent, swedish chef meets arnold.. ;) j/k not that bad of an accent. ;)

PM if you need help.

Tex

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
at best you send a mail with a few samples to my mail: [email protected]

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You're hiring? What's the pay? :D
:p

Seriously, I have my hands full with The Babylon Project but I wish good luck to you guys. May your TC prosper. :)

Anyway... I was wondering why Roy Fokker disappeared from us, guess I now know where he went. It's OK but I just wish he would have told us he's leaving the team. Although I doubt he ever finished a single mission for TBP...

Oh well, all good. :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
in opposite to you guys, we have only two mission designers, and Roy is one of them

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It's not like I hold a grudge or anything, it's fine as far as I am concerned. :) We have only one who's solely focused on mission designing, so I don't know which is better. :D The other of your mission designers is probably Darkblade who is also in our team so... :)

But let the hiring topic continue from here on before this goes too off-topic. ;)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
agreed, but Darkblade is solely focused on TBP, the way he explained it to me.

-WC Saga's beta tester