Author Topic: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!  (Read 19985 times)

Wing Commander Saga now hiring!
On windows IE, the cookies have an expiring date on them, so if I don't use IE within a time frame, it assumes logoff.

However, I learned that all my problems when away if I use Linux.  I think there's an internal function that is very unstable in Linux, which this Forum uses.  I know that its not the browser, because I have tried Mozilla on Windows.  Regardless, I have a server of which I can access a remote desktop with.  So if I want to access the forum, I just log into my router via Remote Desktop, and do my thing there.  :)
The big cool ship...

;)  Hey all!

I've not been a big participant in the WC world in several years, though I've been a regular lurker on CIC!  I used to do VERY well in their trivia game in the first couple of seasons (you can find me there in the archive of scores).

Anyways...I saw this and I gotta say, I'm EXCITED!!!  Doing something that Origin can no longer do (sadly) and doing it freeware!!  You guys kick :D  major:D  ass!:D

I have a question...I'm interested in doing some voice work for you, if you need it, and would like to check whether you need such extra data/work, before putting in a bunch of time writing up versions of your comm. scripts for different personalities/voices.

If you do, I'd be happy to try my best on it and let you see what I can do.  Just let me know!

It's looking great guys! Keep it up!

Pat aka Floundericious
Off I go, watch my smoke!!! - Major Todd "Maniac" Marshall

Favorite War Flight Sims I Have Played: {WC1-WC4, WCP, WCP:SO}, {XwA, TF, XW, XW v. TF}, {FS, FS:ST, waiting for Ebay auction to get FS2!!!}, {Aces of the Pacific, Aces Over Europe, B17, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Flight Commander, Star Crusader, etc.}

Hey all, I'm a noob! :wtf: :eek2: :thepimp:

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Hey Tolwyn, it's me Star Dragon (my old account had a unknown problem so I asked Thunder to delete it).

What was the bug with Xenthorious??? I am curious cause even after switching to Firefox I still could not access my account (I mertely thought I had been hacked).

Anyway I was curious if the voice acting timetable had been moved up. I'm a little embarressed but I recently lost a canine tooth and well sad to say, as LONG as I have been looking forward to being a part of WC voiceing, any emphised words with S or F dont come out  as well as they should... (meaning a fiant lisp is now detected, AARRRGGHHH!)

Is this going to be a problem?
 l8tr!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Bumping this thread at Starman's request.  Enjoy.

Offline Max Sterling

• Veritech Ace
Voice actor here.

I can do multiple Euro and American accents, plus some others. I can do as many voices as you need, just send me the script. I'm a film and stage actor so I won't sound like a total dork either.
-Max

Creator of Altered Spirits
http://www.alteredspiritsfilm.com

Creator of the FS2 Robotech MOD
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/
and Bosch Beer.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
:D

Candidates should be serious and be able to sound like someone in their 20s. Openings are for miscellaneous ships and roles, with a strong emphasis on Confed fighter pilots.

To become a candidate for this process, reply to this thread to officially let us know and then PM or email Tolwyn at [email protected] for more information.

Then try your luck on these 26 lines. Voice recording should be done by the Goldwave program, in 44 khz mono. I shouldn't say this, but you guys need your own microphone. Please make sure to eliminate breathing into microphone sounds.

You are free to say your interpretation of the theme as long as it doesn't deviate too far.

1) "All fighters are destroyed, area is secure"
2) "Enemy fighters have arrived"
3) "I'm attacking your target"
4) "We're the backup and we've arrived to save your ass"
5) "Bravo Wing here, we've just arrived"
6) "There's a fighter on your six!"
7) "I'm dying!"
8) "Charlie Wing here, we've just arrived"
9) "I'm getting the **** out of here"
10) "I'm disabling your target" (going for engines)
11) "I'm disarming your target" (going for turrets)
12) "I'm breaking formation to engage enemy"
13) "Delta Wing here, we've just arrived"
14) "Echo Wing has arrived"
15) "I'm taking damage"
16) "I'm ignoring your target"
17) "I'm not following your order"
18) "I can't pick up your target on sensors"
19) "You just fired on me, man"
20) "Main player has been killed!"
21) "Main player just did something cool!"
22) "I'm out of missiles!"
23) "My fighter is heavily damaged"
24) "Main player is straying away from objective"
25) "Main player is traitor, off with his head!"
26) "I'm following your order"

The guys with the best "comm voices" gets the fighter pilot roles, but there is a strong chance that the people not selected for this role will be delegated for other roles as well, they are as equally important.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Tolwyn, do you still have a need for voice actors? If you need to know I'm from Australia, male and a student of drama. I'm in the process of recording those samples now.

Offline Lynx

An Aussie...could you also redord that line, "That's not a knife, THIS is a knife.":D
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Azrael15
Tolwyn, do you still have a need for voice actors?

yes :D

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Guys, I know I'm new on these forums but I've been messing with audio gear for some time, as well as playing the big fs2 mods... I check the HLP site daily for new mod news!

I'm tied for time until the end of June due to college commitments, but I may well be able to put some speech material together for you. Are there any guidelines for sample rates, etc.?

I might also be able to get a female pilot too ;)

Tolwyn, check your email. I've sent the lines.

:hopping: Tolwyn, will I be receiving ANY notification? It's been atleast a month!

Hello all,
Just signed up here when i saw what you were doing.  I loved the WC series and am so excited  you guys are working on it.  I saw the many people willing to be voice actors and i would like to lend myself if i may.  I'm 22 and have a good understanding of the spirit of WC's immersive nature.  I'm told i'm fairly competent with impressions and accents.  
However.... I don't have the program you've specified.  Is it possible to submit recordings from protools converted to .wav files?  

Keep up the awesome work fellas, can't wait for the release.

Tolwyn seems to have disappeard for a while. Im sure he'll be back soon.

Ed

Originally posted by ZildjianO0
However.... I don't have the program you've specified.  Is it possible to submit recordings from protools converted to .wav files?  

Im sure that is fine. :)

Ed

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Edward Bradshaw
Tolwyn seems to have disappeard for a while. Im sure he'll be back soon.

I am still around, just very, very busy:p

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Hey Tolwyn, can I still sign up for voice acting? I sent ya a message ages ago, but never got a reply.

@Ed: hey...nice to see ya here...guess who I am... :D ...its Yogi... :D
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Indeed, there are still a few email in my mailbox, that have to be reviewed, it is very likely that your aplication is among those.

There are two reason why it takes so long:

1. I had to pass my final exams (Abitur)
2. All roles for the prologue have been completed, only after the release of R1 we will fill the gaps in the main campaign.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline mission

I've been lurking these forums for a while now so I thought I'd at least try to make myself useful.  I really like this mod, the team and everyrthing you're doing.  I'm sure it will be the most popular thing in the franchise since Prophecy.  Anyway I've been playing space sims for the better part of my life and think I have a pretty good idea what makes missions fun and challenging (even though the two usually don't go together.)  I would be honored to do some mission design work.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 08:15:44 pm by 2986 »

Offline Rico

G'day,
I've also been playing space sims for the best part of my life (especially the Wing Commanders 3 & 4).
I know how to make missions in FRED fairly well (I havent found anything i want to do that i couldnt) so I can be useful in makeing mission and even designing some.
I'd like to help anyway i can :D
Rico.