Author Topic: Interface Preview  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
DATE: 2006.12.01
SUBJECT: Interface Preview

When planning the release of the Wing Commander Saga Prologue, we took on the challenge of redoing the game interface from scratch. Taking into account recent advancements in hardware and added TGA support, the team has delivered the most significant update to the Saga user interface (UI) since the inception of the project. The overriding design goal for the new UI was to deliver an interface that makes it easier for people to believe that they are aboard a Confederation carrier. With this goal in mind, gevatter Lars developed several new concepts, of which we have been working hard to integrate into the new UI. I am very proud to unveil some of these screenshots to the public today.

www.scifi-3d.de

Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
That must have been quite some work, given the quantity of interface files! I believe you guys might be the first to do so?
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Yes and I hope that we wont have to do that anytime again ^_^
So I hope you like the new design.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Screenshots can't be clicked on - least I can't.

Also, the guesswork of having a second menu to the right after clicking the primary string on the left took me a few seconds to get.

The background color on the main page needs to be something blendable instead of white as well.

Other than that, great stuff.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Mozilla has problems with the Java script (or you might have disable java script). You might want to use Firefox instead.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Looks very cool! Great work :yes:
No surrender, no retreat.