Author Topic: Hi newly registered and curious.. (Don't mean to offend)  (Read 18257 times)

Offline Sphynx

Re: Hi newly registered and curious.. (Don't mean to offend)
True. And, as Shakespeare would say, "there's the rub."

Let me make it clear that I am apologizing for the part where I was wrong (where I extrapolated based on past experience), not for the parts where I was accurate (where I merely stated past experience, albeit past experience which has been stifled from the public view).

What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
To make it more clear...from my point of view...their has been:
One thread that was deleted and reopend...se above.
Two topics where closed by an admin. On in the Saga part one in the open forum part. regarding our stuff.
The post of Czan about our involvment or not was deleted...but I can't say who it was...maybe himself, maybe others.

That is what I know of and nothing more. Somehow it allways sound, from both sides, as if a mass of posts and thread have vanished. So I think that we could all relax a little..maybe some time off will cool down both sides and give everyone the oportunity to think about what happend.
I personaly don't want to discuss this topic anymore.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Sphynx

That's fine with me.

And you are right, I'm not trying to say there have been a huge amount of post deletions. What has happened, though, was very strategic. But the thread in which Starman apologized for the whole Freelancer ordeal was deleted (which could be why people don't remember his apology). The post in which we were exhonerated by czacen was deleted. The thread in which I was banned the first time for trying to calm things down and patch things up was deleted. Other threads were locked and we were silenced without being given a chance to speak. However, what has been allowed to remain are posts and threads in which people insinuate that we were the ones responsible for destroying other projects, all to justify the total banishment of all project members and of the project itself.

Insinuations have been made that I am the one seeking to sabotage other mods, perhaps without the knowledge of the Saga staff. That is just simply not true. I challenge anyone to show me one post I have made anywhere on this forum or on the CIC where I am critical of another mod. I have tried to be supportive of them all. I have lent voices and faces (not just my own, I recorded nearly a dozen people) to Standoff, voices to the Privateer remake, I offered voices to the WC1 Remake, and have tried to give supportive and helpful feedback to every other mod I have posted about.

If there was anyone who is on the team who would be doing this secretly without the knowledge of the team, it would most certainly not be me. It would also most certainly not be any of the core team members, such as Lars, Starman, or Tolwyn.

Insinuations that I have attacked Loaf personally are also unbased in reality. When I went to #wingnut to tell him someone had clued me in to why he thought I had attacked him, even such a notable member of the CIC as Popsicle Pete told me that it was obvious that I had not known about Loaf's condition and was not trying to attack him. What more could I do?

Lars, you are right that I have been uncharateristically forcefull in my posts on this thread, and perhaps that is the reason why. Like any human being, I dislike being falsely accused and not being allowed to have my say.

So certainly, if I have made the thing with post deletions and what not sound like more than what I have stated in this post, let me clarify that what I have mentioned in this post is what I am trying to say about it.

That being said, I will try to cool it now.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Great lets settle this and procede with what is realy importend.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Sphynx

**<breathes in>**
**<breathes out>**
**<moves on>**

Ahh, that's better. I know I got a little intense on this subject. Thanks for your patience.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, I'll be blunt. I've browsed the CIC forums for a while, only as a lurker, and it's always been pretty apparent to me that WCS' Engine was a 'problem' for Bandit, he always tended to side with those attacking WCS for not being released yet or not producing enough promotional material, which, to me is not a good idea, an Admin needs to support his hosted peojects, at least publicly, it doesn't even matter if he's posting 'I hate you bastards!' on the Internal, but image is important to the WCS as it is to every Mod, and to be made to feel as though you constantly have something to 'prove' to your hosts is not a good condition to be in.

I suppose once you make what some would consider a 'mistake', you will always be tarred with that brush by that person. I'm not passing judgement on the whole issue, but I know how pissed I'd be if someone used one of my Aesir models without asking, yet I wouldn't have minded at all if they'd just dropped me a PM saying 'Mind if I use it in my campaign?' I know the WCS models are not 100% 'Original' material, but it doesn't mean someone didn't have to spend time and effort to make that model.

It's their site, they can decide who is hosted and who isn't at the end of the day, but do I think CIC have acted somewhat improperly and without decent evidence of what they are accusing. I suppose one of BL's comments to a HLP member who posted an opinion that disagreed with general consensus made it all too clear to me...

'You're not just a troll, you're a Freespace troll.', followed by a banning.

Regardless of where a 'troll' comes from or what games they like, it should not even consider in your treatment of them.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:44:33 pm by Flipside »

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?p=313010#post313010

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong I can't respond to loaf on the saga forum as the topic is closed but I feel for him.  Ive had done something similar in my life knowing that I was absolutely just in my cause.  I found that I was wrong and instead of rubbing it in my face she was forgiving towards me.  I hope saga can appreciate loaf for admitting his mistake and move past all the bitterness.

If I read his post correctly I hope he doesn't quit being a moderator.  As most of his posts and judgments are very intelligent sometimes funny.  Loaf if you read this every body makes mistakes people get past it and move on.

I mean jeez feel bad for me now that I signed on here I have to remember a new password damn it. :mad:

Offline Dishwasher

• Diplomat Extraordinaire
I am very happy about how events have unfolded, and whatever one may think about LOAF, as long as you talk to him in a calm and nonagressive matter he is a very reasonable dude. I feel that SAGA on the CIC is something that's very good for the WC community.. something I feel part of ever since I saw the boxart of WCIII in the game stores all those years ago.

All in all I'm quite happy I started this thread.. I hope you guys can get along with the CIC well... I guess you'll just have to try to see the positive side in someones actions instead of jumping on a grudge.
Live is Unfair, Kill yourself or get over it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wow. :eek2: I am speechless.  This is an outstanding development. :)

I read BanditLOAF's post, and that is a post that deserves to be taken both seriously and sincerely.  I believe it is now incumbent upon WCSaga to respond in kind. :)

Dishwasher, you may have single-handedly healed the rift between HLP/CIC and CIC/WCS. :) Congratulations on your new title. :)

Offline Dishwasher

oooh thanks for the shiny title.. I think I'm going to print it out and stick it on my wall  :)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well deserved, I might add :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I think we should send Dishwasher to Israel! :D Diplomat Extraordinaire indeed! An end to conflict by peaceful means!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Sphynx

Yes, indeed, Dishwasher. You're efforts have been incredible. You have my highest respect. :)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
My issues with BanditLOAF predate the existance of the WCS, but he didn't really become bad until WCS came around

he still has me banned and that's BS - he has me permabanned for supposed ban evasion and flooding the forums in a time period i hadn't been on the forums for two months after he had banned me for bull**** (supporting WCS - related to the regression data thread)

So Bandit stays on my ****list until I get an apology from him for fabricating claims about me and claiming that I was hacking his system
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:40:16 pm by Kazan »
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?p=313010#post313010

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong I can't respond to loaf on the saga forum as the topic is closed but I feel for him.  Ive had done something similar in my life knowing that I was absolutely just in my cause.  I found that I was wrong and instead of rubbing it in my face she was forgiving towards me.  I hope saga can appreciate loaf for admitting his mistake and move past all the bitterness.

If I read his post correctly I hope he doesn't quit being a moderator.  As most of his posts and judgments are very intelligent sometimes funny.  Loaf if you read this every body makes mistakes people get past it and move on.

I mean jeez feel bad for me now that I signed on here I have to remember a new password damn it. :mad:

Holy crap. That's the shock of the century to me.

Offline Dishwasher

Awesome that you guys are going to release a model pack for the "community"
Will be fun to play around with :D

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You might have misread the post: we are not releasing just a model pack, but fully FS2 prepared fighters from the Wing Commander 2 era
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Roanoke

so you guys can go back into the fold so long as you give away some of your work ?  :wtf:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I think it's more of a show of 'no hard feelings' to be honest. They were treated really badly but are going to rise above it and as a show of that, they are releasing some models.

Personally, I'm going to wait and see, I didn't go to CIC in the first place, but if I were a member of this Mod, I'd be extremely wary of going back there considering how I'd been labelled, regardless of whether I was involved in the last confusion or not. So Kudo's for you guys for sucking it in and diving back into it.

Offline Roanoke

I'm always surprised how political these things get. Reminiscent of the DG/SAAB issue, me thinks.