Author Topic: NEWS: The voice recording is done  (Read 6270 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
NEWS: The voice recording is done
Things are really cooking here. At this point, we're trying to iron out the last few design wrinkles that have reared their heads in the last few weeks. Yesterday we got last bits of the voice over work done, and it has turned out very well. The experience was amazing - as were the actors. This was my first time working with actors like this, and I think I got extremely lucky to work with such an incredible group. These guys and gals just nailed it. I would continue gushing, but I already sound like some half-crazed fanboy, so I'll hold my tongue for now. Besides, all the proof you'll need will come when this thing is released.

Sample

- Tolwyn
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: NEWS: The voice recording is done
Sounds good :yes2:

Nice! What is still to be done ´til release?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
as I said, just a couple of bugs plus a few minor improvements to the gameplay. Still no release date for you: it will be released, when it's done ;)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
But there is light visible at the end of the tunnel :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
*gasps*

-WC Saga's beta tester

as I said, just a couple of bugs plus a few minor improvements to the gameplay. Still no release date for you: it will be released, when it's done ;)
Christmas would be nice...I mean Christmas 2006  ;)

I say mums the word, the less we've been nattering at them about the release it seems the faster they've been working on the project. Shoosh I say. Ohh and the sample is killer. I look forward to playing it, when its done.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Christmas would be nice...I mean Christmas 2006  ;)

surely you mean Winter 2666 ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Hey everyone. I gotta say I'm really amazed at the depth of this project. I can't wait to play it. keep up the great work  :)

surely you mean Winter 2666 ;)

Lol if you wait to 2666 I don't think any of us WC vets will be around anymore. Tolwyn will probably send us off in suicide missions to Kilrah where we will probably all get captured by the imperial guard and either disembowelled by Thrakkath himself or be hung off chains in the Emperors throne room.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
But there is light visible at the end of the tunnel :)
Remembers back to the future 2, Where BIFF is revving his 1946 Ford, while MArty is on a skateboard running for his life :lol:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hey everyone. I gotta say I'm really amazed at the depth of this project. I can't wait to play it. keep up the great work  :)

Thanks Sled, we will :)  And before I forget, :

:welcome:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Gah, someone missed his beam, and i could have...*slaps self for being so ignorant*  Bad Dekker, BAD BAD !!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I was informed by Tolwyn I'd be notified... Was I somehow misplaced on the voice acting list?

:(
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
How many times do I have to tell you, that only VO work for the Prologue was done :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
 :lol: Relief....

I only bug you what 1/2 a year? (am I still on "the list", ect..) 

Seems like a lot has been going on the last couple months that my most imporant HD takes a permament crap and I just started getting forums/programs back.  :D

Hence the "Holy Hanna" moment...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Do not worry, we will be resuming work on the main campaign in a week, then we will ned A LOT OF voice work done :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
then we will ned A LOT OF voice work done :)

That's actually an understatement ! :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Do not worry, we will be resuming work on the main campaign in a week, then we will ned A LOT OF voice work done :)

Hey it sounds to me like this might be a hint that the prologue is coming out in a week. Surely you wouldnt start work on the main campaign until the prologue is out at this point. :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hey it sounds to me like this might be a hint that the prologue is coming out in a week. Surely you wouldnt start work on the main campaign until the prologue is out at this point. :)

Hey, I didn't say that, did I? :D The fact remains, that the prologue will come out with (or shortly after, depending on testing results) 3.6.9 installment of the SCP.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:34:05 am by Tolwyn »

-WC Saga's beta tester