Author Topic: Game  (Read 2364 times)

Hi, i'm new to the Wing Commander Saga and i was wondering if theres a game based on the movie? Or any games for that matter
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I am not sure I can understand your question. I mean, understand it fully. Wing Commander Saga is not based on the movie, if that's what you mean, but rather on Wing Commander 3/4/Armada
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

oh, i see. Is there a wing commander game?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Their are 5 Games about Wing Commander and their is the movie. From your response it sounds like you have seen the movie but aren't aware that the movie is based on the games called Wing Commander.
The movie takes place a little bit before the game Wing Commander 1.
What we are doing is a mod to the timeline of the games 3,4 and Armada.

"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Their are 5 Games about Wing Commander and their is the movie.
And there is also some expantion packs, An animated TV series and a few books

Offline Sphynx

It's really confusing. The first few games and a couple of books were produced first, and then it branched out a bit. Some people will say that the movie is a "rewriting" of the story, while others say that it fits into the official story arc. It's a bit confusing.

That being said, from the way I think about it, the movie is based on the games, but there are no games based on the movie (does that make sense?).
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.