Author Topic: Campaign Question  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
In the final release when can we expect the story to start relative to what event in WC3? Will the fight be only against the Kitties, or will it go into to the Border Worlds Conflict? And finally, will the campaign branch like it did in WC3, because I didn't like the failed mission, failed game in the prologue.
This probably be my last post for a week or so.
Great job and keep up the good work.
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
The main release will start where the prologue ended...well a few weeks/month or so later. I won't give an exact date but the Prologue was quite close to the battle of earth. The battle itself is kind of a turning point. Storywise and gamewise because its about between WC2 and WC3.
Thats all I want to say at this point.
The WC4 demo showed the possible of mission branching during a mission and FS allready offers this possibility. Surprise yourself and see if there is or if we are evil people who send you directly to hell ^_^

As for the prologues ending. It was the intention to create a more seriouse view on the story. Not directly presenting the war as beeing fun. Looses are part of this war...as you might remember.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
The flagship campaign of Wing Commander Saga, "The Darkest Dawn" * begins right before Wing Commander 3 and concludes with the ending of the Terran-Kilrathi War (whether or not the Terrans win depends on you).

It has been six months since the Battle of Earth, and inspite of new fighters, carriers, and technology joining the Fleet, the war effort is not going well. Everyday, more news of fresh defeats and losses make their way around the Confederation Forward Fleet, who have to face the possiblity that they will not be the ultimate victors.

You are based on the TCS Hermes, one of the handful of large carriers left on the front line. You play the role of Second Lieutenant David Markham, a pilot recently transferred to the Hermes.

Markham is no different from the other young idealistic rookies who are determined to make a name for themselves. Already having your metal tested and your outlook hardened by your time on the Wellington, you still dream of flying heroic strike missions deep into the heart of the Kilrathi Empire, finally bringing this decades long conflict to an end.

But all hopes and dreams are squashed by the burden of reality. In every system, the Confederation forces are badly outnumbered and outgunned. For every Kilrathi fighter and warship destroyed, 10 others takes their place. Comms from HQ order the abandonment of civilian colonies which the Confederation no longer has any strength to defend. The retreat is downward spiral leading to the final stand at Earth. It won't be very long till Markham experiences what the true nature War really is ...
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis