Author Topic: Sandwich's, Su-tehp's and GalacticEmperor's trip to NYC  (Read 9501 times)

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Sandwich's, Su-tehp's and GalacticEmperor's trip to NYC
Originally posted by Unknown Target
hey, if anyone comes down to the carribean for a vacation, make sure to visit me ;)

So you can tell me a bedtime story?:p
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
no, so I can cut your air hose if you ever go SCUBA diving with me :D :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Su-tehp
I called Sandwich by his HLP name when it was just the four of us; when we were in front of his parents, I called him "Michael." Although I did slip up once and call him "Sandwich" in front of his parents while he was in the next room. For some odd reason, they laughed when I called him that...:blah:

That's because they know quite well that my nickname in the army was "Sandwich", and that I adopted it as my internet/screen/email name, too. :D

Originally posted by Su-tehp
Yo, Sandwich! When are you going to post that pic of me with my graduation present? ;7 :D

What, this? :p

Also ( :thepimp: ), here's a shot of the Statue of Liberty from the top of the Empire States Building. This was at my camera's maximum zoom (both optical and smart digital, which does not "invent" pixels), and except  for adjusting the levels of the image, is untouched. Nice, eh? :D

And lastly, as we were coming out of the Emipre States Building, we came across a Frozen Yogurt shop that supports Freespace! Look!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:48:33 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Anaz

:lol:

*wants some Alpha 1 frozen yogurt*
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
totally missed alpha 1.. *was too busy chuckling at the salad tossing bar
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Knight Templar
totally missed alpha 1.. *was too busy chuckling at the salad tossing bar

Oh, you think that's funny? Hah! Wait for the next pic. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Bah... BMW... Get a Mitsubishi. :rolleyes:

Oh if I must... "nice car."
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok... right next door to the Alpha 1 Frozen Yogurt shop was this:

It took me a while, but once I realized what was written there and got out my camera, other people started stopping to see what we were looking at... as you can see. :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:49:49 pm by Sandwich »

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
:lol: grammar is your friend...
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Great...

Where do they find these people?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by an0n
...lop-sided, eh?

And dude, it's not that noticable, really.

Wow, that's so funny I forgot to laugh. Very nice touch-up of my pic, really. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who thinks an0n is a lame-brained moron with no life?

And as for this pic...

Raa Tor'h, I prefer German engineering to Japanese engineering (my family owned nothing but Hondas for 23 years until we got this Beamer), but to each his own. :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:50:30 pm by Sandwich »
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Haha.

*laughs at something related to, but not directly mentioned in, Su-tehp's post*
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Haha.

*laughs at something related to, but not directly mentioned in, Su-tehp's post*

*laughs directly at an0n*
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
*laughs at Su-tehp's 'candle-face'*

*is sick of arguing with 'tards*
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Oh, Anon, thou knotty-pated prankster! Thy jests are most ebbulent!

Aaaanyway. Sandwich, you go attack them SCP guys for me, wouldja? Do it for the Star Destroyers.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by Unknown Target
no, so I can cut your air hose if you ever go SCUBA diving with me :D :p

I'll need to remind my self not to go scuba diving with you:D
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline J.F.K.

Lol, I can't believe that Alpha 1 yoghurt place was happened upon by three FreeSpacers. :D
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
And no pictures?
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra

They like 'em lop-sided, eh?

And dude, it's not that noticable, really.
Image removed // Sandwich

Su you look beated
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano

Su you look beated

erm....dude, an0n retouched that pic in photoshop or whatever he used.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 10:45:15 am by 23 »
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.