Author Topic: jTBLEdit 0.1 Alpha  (Read 9333 times)

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Wow, this just become a potent foe for customized PSPad profile :D

A strange thing happened to me, 2 doc popups shown and one refused to close. Persistant jerk:

No clue why it happened, just notifying you it did. It may (or not) have to do something with two jTBLEdit processes running simultaneously (according to the task managet at least). When i closed it once before it just didn't die xD I was unable to replicate this condition though, so it was probably my PC rather than the programme itself.

EDIT:
Also, whin in the settings i entered Parse delay of 20000ms, it jsut started taking 250k memory and froze xD
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:45:20 am by Nohiki »
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Eolis

I have a strange error:
"The required QT libraries weren't found on this system."

But if it's about your QT libraries there are exactly where you said to put them.  :confused:
Did i did something wrong ?

EDIT: I forget to mention; i'm running Windows 7 x64.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:53:19 pm by Eolis »

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
note: this post might make you wtf

Got the new version running here (the qt libraries just go into /lib from the root folder right? --> windows xp32 btw) and opened up some mod tables...

Nameissue.tbl, I get this for a Table Explorer tree:
#Ship Classes:
   |  +Tech Description
 (+)--$end_multi_text
 (+)--$end_multi_text
 (+)--$end_multi_text
 etc...

Simplified one, I just get lesser lines but it's more or less the same... :nervous:

Own modded ships.tbl, and some (not all) tbm's, modded weapons.tbl, modded sounds.tbl etc (all part of a single mod):
BLANK :nervous:
bit of a painful step backward when the previous version loaded my ships.tbl halfway at the very least...

There was also one instance when I started the program from a docklet, quit and clicked the .exe directly and I lost my font settings but that little issue seems to have disappeared... and also when I changed the font/wordwrap settings etc again and clicked apply, after which when I click another option in the tree, it wouldn't switch to said option...

EDIT: ok great now I have no idea how to describe the above... I switch between loading from a docklet and loading the app directly via usual double-click, and I lose all font/wordwrap settings... defaults stay from then on unless changed and saved again... but I can't reliably reproduce it... on one or two instances I didn't lose the settings... yet I didn't lose the application style settings regardless of how I start the program (that drop box thing where you pick a look)...

EDIT2: ok this is really weird, I close all my opened tbl's/tbm's and quit, then regardless of whether I start from docket or via double-click, all the tbm's auto-load again even though I closed everything before in the previous session...

EDIT3: omg what is going on here i cant even explain it all properly lol ok im deleting and reinstalling and there is this notepad file showing me that the jre threw up an access violation error :confused:

---------------------
On the upside, the startup is MUCH faster now even with several tables loaded :D though with the tree view rather useless to me at this point I think my only reason to use this over Notepad++ is the colours :nervous:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline m!m

note: this post might make you wtf

Got the new version running here (the qt libraries just go into /lib from the root folder right? --> windows xp32 btw) and opened up some mod tables...

Nameissue.tbl, I get this for a Table Explorer tree:
#Ship Classes:
   |  +Tech Description
 (+)--$end_multi_text
 (+)--$end_multi_text
 (+)--$end_multi_text
 etc...

Simplified one, I just get lesser lines but it's more or less the same... :nervous:

Own modded ships.tbl, and some (not all) tbm's, modded weapons.tbl, modded sounds.tbl etc (all part of a single mod):
BLANK :nervous:
bit of a painful step backward when the previous version loaded my ships.tbl halfway at the very least...

There was also one instance when I started the program from a docklet, quit and clicked the .exe directly and I lost my font settings but that little issue seems to have disappeared... and also when I changed the font/wordwrap settings etc again and clicked apply, after which when I click another option in the tree, it wouldn't switch to said option...

EDIT: ok great now I have no idea how to describe the above... I switch between loading from a docklet and loading the app directly via usual double-click, and I lose all font/wordwrap settings... defaults stay from then on unless changed and saved again... but I can't reliably reproduce it... on one or two instances I didn't lose the settings... yet I didn't lose the application style settings regardless of how I start the program (that drop box thing where you pick a look)...

EDIT2: ok this is really weird, I close all my opened tbl's/tbm's and quit, then regardless of whether I start from docket or via double-click, all the tbm's auto-load again even though I closed everything before in the previous session...

EDIT3: omg what is going on here i cant even explain it all properly lol ok im deleting and reinstalling and there is this notepad file showing me that the jre threw up an access violation error :confused:

---------------------
On the upside, the startup is MUCH faster now even with several tables loaded :D though with the tree view rather useless to me at this point I think my only reason to use this over Notepad++ is the colours :nervous:
:doubt: :o :blah: I have absolutely no idea what went wrong but I fixed most of your reported bugs, mostly the font/wrap thingy and the odd Table Explorer thing. I'll upload an patch soon.

Please post it here or send it to me as it's very important.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
:doubt:

I figured it'd be a wtf. No idea what went wrong either, I tried a bunch of things which I don't remember now thanks to the stress of this week. If it's my computer acting up and/or I was just silly and set something wrongly I'm open to suggestions... but this reformat is barely weeks old :\

File uploaded, hope it's correct?

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
hmmm how about this for an idea a batch insert feature.

for example I just tabled the following 12 identical turrets into a ship
Code: [Select]
$Subsystem:                     turret01, 2, 5.0
$Default pBanks: ( "RHMG-Reaper" )
$pBank Capacity: (500)
$flags: ( "smart spawn" "fire down normals" "check hull" )
$Subsystem:                     turret02, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret03, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret04, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret05, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret06, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret07, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret08, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret09, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret10, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret11, 2, 5.0
$Subsystem:                     turret12, 2, 5.0

now what I did was to copy-past the entries and change the turret name, probably what everyone else does.  What I am thinking of is a way to automate this, so you position the cursor where you want the text inserting then activate the feature which brings up a little box so you can type out the entry for, in this case, turret01 and you set the number of times to repeat the function so when you say ok it then pasts the set number of identical entries.  what would make this feature really useful is if you could mark a block of text such as the 01 part of the turret name and tell the program to increment it by 1 so the feature pasts the first entry as the user typed it, then adds 1 to the marked text so it becomes 02, pastes and so on.

It's lazy I know but I think it would be useful.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Just tried 0.1.1a.
- Tried to use export to spreadsheet. But jTBLEdit doesn't save any spreadsheet to selected location, tried multiple locations. Doesn't give any error either.
- I opened weapons.tbl, but font is so tiny I can't read anything. Font while reading ships.tbl is fine though. This was fixable by selecting a font manually in the options.
- Table explorer isn't working, it always lists "1" and nothing more, no matter what tbl file is open.

I remember trying the previous 0.1 version briefly and it did work better. Table explorer worked as did exporting to a spreadsheet.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:44:33 am by Fury »

Offline m!m

Version 0.1.1 had some serious issues that I haven't noticed when I uploaded the package. I attached a patch with new binaries that need to be extracted into the jTBLEdit folder. I'm currently looking at the spreadsheet export but I have no idea why it fails to export the file... :doubt:

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Feature suggestion: exporting all tech descriptions to a .txt or similar, for spellchecking purposes. Would be useful for all of us non-native speakers :)

Offline m!m

That will be very useful. I'll implement it when I have some free time :)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Are you still working on this? How is it with the mainhall.tbl?
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline m!m

The development has come to a hold though I'm planing to continue to work on this.
It should work well with the mainhall table but there are no specials, just text editing :nervous:.