Author Topic: MTexPorter  (Read 2458 times)

Ever tried to use a spellchecker on a .fs2 file? Sucks, doesn't it? I wrote this little EXE to remedy this. Drop it in any data\missions folder and execute; it will search for all .fs2 files present and copy relevant texts to a file "all.txt" in the same directory. Then you can copy-paste the contents to Word and use the spellchecker on it.

Now, this is my first useful C++ program ever, so don't expect much of it. It's (probably) Windows-only, readability of the output is not great, and if you already happen to have a file "all.txt" in that directory, it will be overwritten. $semicolon and $quote entries are not filtered out. Luckily, the mission files are opened as read-only, so at least they shouldn't be affected.

Download the EXE here from MediaFire; if you're interested in the source code, look here.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:12:47 pm by FreeSpaceFreak »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I get an error message when I run it. The program requests a DLL file.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
What dll?  Is it probably just a MSVC runtime?  Or did he write it with Qt or something?  :P
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
MSVCP100.dll is the file it's looking for.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You need the Visual Studio 2010 Redistributable package for Windows 32bit or 64bit.  Actually, which one you get probably depends on the app, not the Windows OS, so I'd get the 32bit one first no matter what.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Okay, thanks.

Ran this progy in CoW2's mission folder and here are my findings:

- The mission files remained unaffected
- The all.txt lists a lot of "Nothing"s. I suggest it disregard all "$Cargo: Nothing" (or whatever the exact code is) when copying from the mission files.
- A feature that marks the beginning of (de)briefing stages would be nice.

Good work on it. :) If I weren't so stubborn, I'd be using this nice little program for its intended purpose. :)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Btw, shouldn't the stuff this looks for be done via tstrings and not text directly in the mission files?

Btw, shouldn't the stuff this looks for be done via tstrings and not text directly in the mission files?
Perhaps... thought I'd leave tables to m!m's tool, for now.

Version 0.2 is up - it now should work without the VS2010 package (can anyone confirm?), read missions in their proper order, and contain the improvements suggested by TopAce.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's also worth noting that FRED2_Open's Voice Acting Manager can export mission text to text files for this purpose... :nervous: