Author Topic: Blender to POF Page derping HARD - Resolved - Ignore  (Read 1728 times)

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Blender to POF Page derping HARD - Resolved - Ignore
Alright gents.  I've encountered a massive error.  The Blender to POF Convesions page on the wiki tells everyone 'use empty objects for your helpers, use them for gun points, use them everywhere.'  It might cause a massive amount of pain for new modders when the current build of PCS2 tosses firepoint helper empties since they don't have 'instance geometry.'

I'm not sure if this is something stupid going on in Blender, or in PCS2, but I suspect PCS2 because I remember using these empties once before and having them work.

Anyways, is there a way to fix this?

EDIT:  Yes there is.  By not having the wiki page on Blender to POF conversions derp so hard.  Said 'gunbanks should not be children of anything,' proceeds to give an example image with gunbanks children of detail0.  I have fixed this inconsistency with extreme prejudice.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:26:00 am by esarai »
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: PCS2 Derping Hard - No Instance Geometry = no firepoint
Which version of blender are yo using?

Using 2.49 I personally set things up as shown below, though multi points are still a PITA because of newer versions of PCS2 ignoring the fact that fire points on multiparts need to be assigned to the arm and not that base which older versions did ok.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
It's not the turrets that are going wrong--I've had enough hell with empties to know to never use them for turret FPs.  These are gunbank and missilebank firepoints, and PCS2 refuses to import them because, as above, there is no 'instance geometry.' 
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
And this should actually be titled 'wiki page derping hard,' because I found out that one of the example images shows the gunbanks parented to detail0, when in fact they should not be.  This post is now moot, as I have annihilated the inconsistency with extreme prejudice.