Author Topic: Submodel Properties  (Read 1927 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
While working with models I noticed a few properties flags that I didn't recognize.. is there a list somewhere of what they are and what they do?

The one currently in question is $crewpoint.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
oh derp... I even checked the Wiki.. (apparently poorly)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Crew points were a feature that was apparently dropped during FS1 development.  They were spots on the hull that held crew, in the same way that turrets are spots on the hull that hold weapon emplacements.  I'm wondering if this was based on a similar feature from Wing Commander or some other space shooter.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Would be a fun modifier for capship self repair, the more crew you kill the slower the ship repairs subsystems and/or hull
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Crew spots would work great for cap ship missions, though i'm not sure how well it would work if you're making fighter missions. Though I'd love to be able to at least destroy the bridge of a ship with captain and all, and watch how the surviving crew responds in horror and disarray, similar to the loss of a captain or general on the battlefield during the old days (Playing Rome Total War does that too). Probably would require models to be specifically built for that purpose though.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Or, you know. Sexps.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns