Author Topic: Voice Acting Call *CLOSED*  (Read 12916 times)

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Voice Acting Call *CLOSED*
UPDATE: I'm pleased to announce that this first stage of the process is complete, and we are currently sending out scripts to the actors who have generously offered to lend us their voices. We've had a great response from both inside and outside the HLP community and I am now officially swamped with things to do!

We will very probably still need more help in this area going forward, but from now on I'll be posting the lines here as we need them rather than asking anyone to do an entire pilot persona script right off the bat. Please don't hesitate to contact us at fotgvoices [AT] googlemail.com if you were interested in helping out but missed the transport on the first go round :)

Original Post (don't record these lines):
Fate of the Galaxy has reached the stage of development where we need voice acting for our pilot personas! These are the automatically triggered lines that wingmen deliver in the heat of battle or when the player issues orders.

If you are interested in helping us out with your voice, please record these lines:

•   All Clear - "We're all clear."
   •   Arrive Enemy - "Enemies on scope."
   •   Attack My Target - "Copy, engaging target."
   •   Backup - "Backup standing by."
   •   Red/Beta Arrived - "Red group, standing by." / "Beta wing on station."
   •   Check your six - "You've got one on your tail!"
   •   Death - "Aaaaaaaah!"
   •   Gold/Delta Arrived - "Gold group, standing by." / "Delta wing on station."
   •   Depart - "Acknowledged. I'm heading home."
   •   Disable My Target - "Targeting engines only."
   •   Disarm My Target - "Target acquired, disarming."
   •   Engage Enemy - "I'm going in."
   •   Gray/Epsilon Arrived - "Gray group, standing by." / "Epsilon wing on station."
   •   Green/Gamma Arrived - "Green group, standing by." / "Gamma wing on station."
   •   Help - "I can't shake him!"
   •   Ignore My Target - "All yours."
   •   No - "Negative."
   •   No Target - "My scope's clear."
   •   Friendly Fire - "Watch your aim!"
   •   Player Dead - "Pilot down!"
   •   Praise Player Kill - "Good shot!"
   •   Praise Own Kill - "I got him!"
   •   Praise Player Getting Multiple Kills - "The Force is with you!"
   •   Rearm - "Secondary banks depleted."
   •   Need Repair - "I've taken heavy damage!"
   •   Stray/AWOL/Desertion Warning - "You're headed the wrong way."
   •   Traitor - "Traitor!"
   •   Yes - "I copy."

Feel free to ad lib lines that could be used in place of these as well. If the team decides to use your voice, you will be contacted to record some alternate takes so that all of the pilots have a healthy number of unique messages. Please do record both the Rebel (colors) and Imperial (Greek letters) versions of the arrival lines so that we can use your voice for either side.

The team reserves the right to use any voice acting samples sent to us (with credit) in any way we see fit for the game. This is mostly important in case we can't contact someone who provided samples but want to use them in the game anyway.

Make sure that any voice acting you send to us is as clear as possible. Each of the lines should be in a separate 16bit 44khz stereo wav file. The entire set should then be archived (preferably rar or 7zip) before emailing them to fotgvoices [AT] googlemail.com. Please do not send mp3 files as the game doesn't recognize this format.

A big thanks to Karajorma for letting us rip this post off from the one he made on the Diaspora forum. Good luck everyone!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:50:43 am by swashmebuckle »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
I'll give it a go! maybe not much progress in the modeling side, but I do know a bit of acting

Ohhh. I've done this for the SW gaming club I'm in, before, and they took some of my stuff. I'm game, lemme see what I can do when I get the chance.

(Actually looking forward to seeing this done, we might end up playing it. The original games are all pretty much dying out.)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
Well, just sent mine in, will be curious to see what you guys think, sorry if I need to tweak my mic settings a bit, but dont think it was too bad. Hopefully we will see a large flurry of activity thanks to these auditions

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Can we affect a really cheesy faux-British accent for the Imperial versions? :D

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
Can we affect a really cheesy faux-British accent for the Imperial versions? :D

well, unless you got a voice modulator, I dont think I could pull it off, I have a mid-west american accent.... I might be able to pirate though, Yarg
JK
not sure what I could do with my voice though.  I mean I am not entirely sure entirely what I sound like

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
But, I just realized something, why dont we get actual british modders to voice the imperials, it would proably sound better than anything I could pull off, and it would be authentic!

Say we got any Scotts around here? now that could be interesting if we had someone who spoke with scottich broque, that would be amusing in combat XD.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Unless you have significant voice acting experience we'd prefer that you just use your natural speaking voice for all the lines. We aren't going to enforce any sort of "Imperials are British, Rebels are Americans" rule as both sorts of accents are present on both sides in the movies. All accents and voice types are welcome :)

This is something I'd like to try. Been wondering for a quite a while if dialogue was something that was going to be implemented in FotG.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Hi everyone,

I just happened to stumble across this post when I was checking on the latest progress for the conversion (really looking forward to it!!).

Anyway, I saw some of the posts mentioning Faux-British or even Scotts accents and I wondered if anyone had already helped out in this regard?

If not I would like a bash - being English by birth but having lived in Scotland for most of my life I could provide several different version of English ot Socttish accents, as well as Irish, Welsh, American, Australian, South African....

This list goes on.....

So if you would like some of the quotes in a specific accent just let me know!!!

I might just record a few when I get home to see what they sound like anyway....

Cheers!!

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
So far we've gotten all North American accents, so yeah, we'd love to have some submissions from further afield!

If you have prior voice acting experience and are comfortable with performing in a different accent, take a listen to the speech patterns of some of the original trilogy actors for cues on how to nail the "stage actor in 50's b-movie" feel. James Earl Jones has the American side of it down, while Peter Cushing (Tarkin) leans more towards RP. Alec Guinness falls in between them. I'm not saying you should try to speak with the sort of gravitas they are known for, just that they illustrate styles that people associate with SW which are not necessarily any specific real-world accent.

Again though, for anyone who doesn't have prior acting and voice acting experience, I strongly recommend using your native accent and concentrating on the acting itself :) Keep those submissions coming!

Are you still looking for people to do voice recording?

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Are you still looking for people to do voice recording?

Yes, absolutely.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I can pitch in. I'm Australian, but I can do a bunch of different accents.

Downside? My voice is distinctive. REALLY distinctive.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Distinctive voices are great for VA; the player shouldn't have to read anything to know who is talking to them. Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Distinctive voices are great for VA; the player shouldn't have to read anything to know who is talking to them. Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Got a Teamspeak or something? We can chat it out and I can make some sounds and voices and see if they're what you're looking for.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
I'm sure your normal speaking voice will be fine, but if you'd like to make multiple recordings of the same line to try out different things, I'll be happy to provide feedback! I like to hear recorded lines so I can play them repeatedly alongside the other submissions and address any technical issues as early as possible, but feel free to drop by our IRC channel if you'd like to chat.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It's a shame I don't have the time for more VA. I'm pretty much a permanent fixture in Essex living with my woman and three collie dogs.

I've always regretted not finishing Fortune Hunters, and I would LOVE to be an Imp Lice.

EXPERIENCE
Earth-brakiri war
BP directors cut
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
We'd love to get your voice, Dekker. I've heard your work in BP so there's no need for you to submit the generic lines above unless you want to. It would help with the organization side of things if you sent an email to the above address saying what you're available for (just pilot persona, just mission lines, pilot persona +2-3 lines, etc.). That way we can send you your full script in one go once the auditions are done and parts sorted out. Cheers!