Author Topic: HTL Iceni  (Read 133019 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
That's like a dog eating a t-bone without chewing.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
That's like a dog eating a t-bone without chewing.

what does the colossus have to do with this?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
It has everything to do with the last few posts behind mine, along with just a little bit of thinking of that poor dog i mentioned.

I ate it.

PREP THE EMERGENCY ROOM!
We're gonna need to open this sucker up....

Nurse, it's time to put him to sleep....Hand me that hammer!

Just wait for him to crap it out.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No waiting...who's gonna clean it up afterwars????
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

We have sla... volunteers for that.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
GET IT DONE!!!!! :mad:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
hey, where is this thing?

we need it in order to make the high-poly installation from mission 2, basically that's the only thing left (apart from the colossus and arcadia) that looks kinda crappy

face it, by the time everything gets HTL'd (if ever), there'll be some new graphical technology out that HTL will pale in comparison to.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
face it, by the time everything gets HTL'd (if ever), there'll be some new graphical technology out that HTL will pale in comparison to.

Well, we call them HTL models because they take much longer to render without HTL. It's not impossible to render them without HTL, and by no means is it restricted to the graphics cards of the present. As long as future graphics cards are capable of performing lighting-and-transformation calculations on their own, we can still call them HTL.

Oh, and with future advancements in processor technology, you may not even need an HTL-capable card.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Jeez, you guys missed the memo. They're not "HTL" models, they're just "Hi-poly" models. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Jeez, you guys missed the memo. They're not "HTL" models, they're just "Hi-poly" models. :p

Well, we've been calling them "HTL" models for a while now. I guess I did miss the memo.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I did send an e-mail to the address listed in knn's profile, but no response.  Is it possible to fix the model in its present state without its source files?  I beleive the present issues are screwy lighting and a bounding box problem.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I am a revolutionary.

Offline knn

Click me

Pictures

Collision detection errors are fixed. Thrusters and dockpoint are correctly placed in the pof. Nameplate included.
No LODs and debris yet, and some weapon firing points need tweaking (multiparts mostly). Some unnecessary polygons have to be removed. I'm also not entirely satisfied with it, so I don't want to call it finished yet.

Why did I disappear for 1.5 years? Well, after spending *days* trying to get this thing into the game and fix the issues, I gave up, and lost interest.
I'm working on it again now that I have a computer that can handle 3dsmax, truespace, deep exploration, both versions of pcs, modelview, vista and the memory leaks of all those.
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Woot, he is back!
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I am delighted to see you back again! :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Kaine

Wow, that's quite something. Great to see this back on track!

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
for me looks very nice so far in the tech room....hope you get rid of these remaining coding errors you mentioned soon, so i can test it during play ;)

but thanks 4 your effort so far.....

Offline Nx

Public notice:
I wanted to register with this user name back when HLP was only 2.0, but the forum software required at least 3 characters. When HLP3 came out I tried again, and, to my surprise, the new forum didn't have this limitation. So I'll be using this profile from now on
Thank you for your attention.

for me looks very nice so far in the tech room....hope you get rid of these remaining coding errors you mentioned soon, so i can test it during play ;)

but thanks 4 your effort so far.....

The model I posted should be STL correct (unless some part of the conversion process screwed things up), and I couldn't get inside the ship ingame with my fighter, so i hope the collision detection errors are truly gone. Unfortunately, since I booleaned (is that a word?) together the different pieces of the main hull, I now have to remove a few hundred polygons, and probably remap the whole thing. Should be fun...
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hurry up, dammit, I wanna see a GOOD-looking Iceni. :P

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta