Author Topic: Age of Aquarius Cutscene Glitch  (Read 1428 times)

Age of Aquarius Cutscene Glitch
Attempting to play through Blue Planet again (last time was with a standalone install, not the Knossos launcher) and have immediately hit a wall.

The opening cutscene plays normally, voice acting proceeds and the ships move toward the gate. Then.... nothing, the jump drives do not trigger, all the ships either continue flying through the gate and into the distance or get stuck on the gate/each other.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, checked integrity and tried it on other builds with default setting but the same occurs over and over again.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Phobos

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Age of Aquarius Cutscene Glitch
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

I heard some very recent FSO builds are broken, maybe try an older build.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Yep, the most recent 2 or 3 builds have subspace stuff broken. I believe the 20181209 build is safe.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Yep, the most recent 2 or 3 builds have subspace stuff broken. I believe the 20181209 build is safe.

Do you mean with that that the in-mission subspace jumps are broken? I'm having some trouble with them elsewhere.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
No, there recently was a set of modifications somewhere around the warp code and people started reporting issues to the left and right, like: hyperspace effect not replacing the warp when needed, ships just dis-/appearing without any warps, jumping in/out not working at all or outright crashing FSO...

Seems like MageKing found the faulty piece of code and fixed it, but he was like 15 minutes late and the new nightly auto-released without the fix. :P So it looks like the next release will be working perfectly.

(I'm just showing you the general picture of the matters that I managed to understand from the techno-babble at #scp on HLP Discord, I have no idea about the details)
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Ah OK, thanks for the info. :) That's not the kind of thing I ran into, but I'll better check the SEXPs on 5 missions or so to be sure; sorry for the bump.

Yeah I've got it working on an older build, thanks anyway and sorry to be a bother.

Cheers,

Phobos