Author Topic: "End Of Earth" - anyone persured this storyline yet?  (Read 8417 times)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Re: "End Of Earth" - anyone persured this storyline yet?
This should be a interesting campaign, the Lucifer undoubtely must've lost most of its fighters, the GTA must be evacuating Earth as much as possible (not any other places in the Sol system 'cause they're not the Lucy's targets), both sides are desperate. A good question that if the Lucifer manages to bombard Earth what else is it going to do?

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
now that we have space pirates down, what about space ninjas?

EDIT: second-page replies remain hidden upon irst posting...

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline Snail

• SC 5
A good question that if the Lucifer manages to bombard Earth what else is it going to do?

I would expect it to go back out of Sol and try join up with the Sath fleet or something.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Earthlings will pop the node! Leave the Lucy trapped in Sol with themselves.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That's gay.

Earthlings will pop the node! Leave the Lucy trapped in Sol with themselves.

plus, didn't the humans colonize mars? the lucy would just bombard that

Offline Snail

• SC 5
plus, didn't the humans colonize mars? the lucy would just bombard that

Extremely likely, but not confirmed AFAIK.

EDIT:
Oh, BTW, this storyline has been pursued. In Operation: Underground GTD Wolf or something.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 11:45:20 am by Snail »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
One of my INFA minicampaigns is about it. The Lucifer arrives, and Terra(much better than the barbarian "Earth" :P ) must be evacuated. The humans could survive in the asteroid belt, for example. Or in the outer regions of the system.

But Terra is never bombarded in that campaign...eh eh...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Lucifer arrives, and Terra(much better than the barbarian "Earth" :P ) must be evacuated.

You're on a English-speakin' forum. So speak English.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Nay, Latine loqui!

So, everyone should stop writing "Liberty" and use "Freedom" instead just because that word isn't "pure English"?

And Terra is accepted...just look at the FS1 intel entry for "Terrans". It say "Terra or Earth".
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
In Operation: Underground GTD Wolf or something.

where can I get it?
-- I would search myself another storyline if it really has been done before
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Do you really have to come out with a completely new storyline? Many of its parts could have something in common with other campaigns, but it is normal...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
-- I would search myself another storyline if it really has been done before

Dunno, was an old FS1 campaign IIRC.

Offline 0rph3u5

Dunno, was an old FS1 campaign IIRC.

hmmm...
if that is the case I could work on EoE despite that...

Do you really have to come out with a completely new storyline? Many of its parts could have something in common with other campaigns, but it is normal...

When I'm wirting my storylines I allways try to be as original as I can be --- I mean I do spend a lot of time trying to minimize crossovers with other campaigns --

------------------------------
EDIT:
although the outline is done and LoA is ready to hit beta testing I'll not starting this one...
 I'll drop it cause the rest of WotW team is raising the presure on me to get back to FREDing there again... also the risen awareness for TBP (where you felt quite unloved during the 3.4 beta test) and the recent good critics for "The Black Hand Eps 1" (and of course the matter that I'm counting the days until B5 TLT arrives) have persured me "to return to my roots" as they say
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:22:41 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Just out of curiosity, is Workings of the Warp in the same universe as Faces of Treason?

Offline 0rph3u5

Just out of curiosity, is Workings of the Warp in the same universe as Faces of Treason?

somewhat yes, WotW will pick up the events at the end of FoT and solve the question what really happened at the end of the battle(s) although there will be no direct connection between the story lines (eg Silun suddenly popping up)
also there will be one or the other slide change to the time line becaue I've got to get certain things involved which lead to the fall of the GTVA...

==================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
When I'm wirting my storylines I allways try to be as original as I can be --- I mean I do spend a lot of time trying to minimize crossovers with other campaigns --

I would like to do the same thing, but there's nothing wrong in designing a campaign that has something in common with other campaigns.

There always is something original.
The Lightblue Ribbon