Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82906 times)

Offline Kszyhu

Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
From what I've read, only some blocks are affected by gravity (sand, gravel), rest will stay in place even after destroying all other blocks underneath it.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
floating objects are not only posible in minecraft, it's not uncommon for them to occur naturally.

So if the back side of the fenris is left open, should there be some form of entrance on that side? would be able to leave the side that is viewable from the minecart rails un-marked that way.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Cobble farm updated, it now produces up to 3.8 cobble blocks per second if mined correctly.
The Fenris is almost self sutaining, all materials required other than sand can be produced indefinetly.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
floating objects are not only posible in minecraft, it's not uncommon for them to occur naturally.

So if the back side of the fenris is left open, should there be some form of entrance on that side? would be able to leave the side that is viewable from the minecart rails un-marked that way.
There is a teleport sign if the plan is not to leave a visible entrance.

Offline -Sara-

Yea I made that sign to avoid the common "FACK! I FELL OF THE STAIRS. Someone seen my diamond tools, it's night and I can't find them!".  :yes:
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Good luck trying to find them, cause it's always night under the fenris. o_o
I've lost some diamond tools and fair amount of iron tools down there, too.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Who keeps blowing off small layers under the Fenris? There's enough TNT to take out an entire chunk on one end if need be.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I think I'll be focusing on whittling away the surface area with TNT next. We need more sand for more TNT anyway. :p
Apparently it's Sandwich. I guess he doesn't want to blow it all away at once.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I got a dozen stacks of sand tucked away in a few chests.... :P
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You have more sand?! What did you do, remove a desert?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Back side as in the far side from the basecamp, right? The starboard side of the ship, not the stern where the engines are...

And yes, I envision a minecart track entering the fore section and exiting the stern section, both on the starboard side. There should probably be 3 stations inside, front, middle, and back. When I can log in tonight I'll try to layout the path of the track I'm thinking of.

I think I'll be focusing on whittling away the surface area with TNT next. We need more sand for more TNT anyway. :p
Apparently it's Sandwich. I guess he doesn't want to blow it all away at once.

Yeah, I did a little bit the other day. Whenever I detonate TNT in a series, it leaves behind glitchy, about-to-explode TNT blocks that don't really exist, so I do things one at a time.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:59:41 am by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You can just reconnect to make them disappear...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Maybe so, but with my lag issues, by the time my connection catches up and is mostly lag-free, I'm very reluctant to disconnect just to get rid of some glitches.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
yes I meant the far side from the station, though I stand by the idea that that side (far side from station) should be glass and not left empty. Falling hazard and all that.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'm not opposed to glass, although sand is scarce enough as it is with all the TNT we've been crafting. :p I do want to make sure that the glass looks good in a small section before committing to the entire thing.

Regardless, that's one of the last things we should be doing. :)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
if anything the whole minecraft craze has made me go back to my collection of unfinished quake 1 and 2 maps, which are made oddly enough from small cubes that you place and deform to get some kind of map out of. its also somewhat reminicent of playing with legos, which i would rather do for real than in some kind of simulation. so my desire to play minecraft is somewhat non-existant. still id give it a go if it were open source, but since its not, and becoming a commercial game, **** no.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You have more sand?! What did you do, remove a desert?

The land doesn't re-mold itself by itself you know....

Oh, BF..got several stacks of gravel for your little castle thingy.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

People made a bridge on top but afaik the bridge is in the front, in the spearhead shaped hull section, two rows of white windows. Much the same as Corellian Corvette.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Personally I like to think that the FS bridges are like BSG bridges - situated in the most protected part of the ship, the core.

Granted, in the FS1 intro we see that ops woman looking out the windows in front of her at the approaching damaged fighter, so perhaps there's not much sense after all. :p