Author Topic: Known Squads in FS2  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
i have to say i think they are the best pilots on PXO ..... i wonder if we could get u guys into the story some whre ..... then again, calling a pilot quantum delta would be alil wierd seeing as its a ship in fs1 IIRC, but anyway ......... time shall tell.

And its not up to me anyway :p
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Originally posted by Sheepy
calling a pilot quantum delta  

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I don't know if anyone noticed, but Black Dove is already being used by lt.cmdr. Snipes (well it WAS used by him..for the past 3 years it's been mine :p ) ;)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Sheepy, two things.

Thing the First: Make sure to add the 17th Hell Cats to the list. (That was another good logo, did you make that one or did you find it somewhere?)

Second Thing: I found the logo for the 125th (Vasudan squadron), so you don't need to make a new logo for that squad.

As for getting the 2nd Shattered Stars into the DatDB story, that may be feasible...

What do you guys think, doesn't the 2nd Shattered Stars sound like a good name for a bombing squadron? :)
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
and when are you like gonna send me these logos :p

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I noticed in the other thread that you also wanted the logos; you probably already have the ones from PI in the last test version but if not I can mail them to you.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
No worries Cp i have them here, btw do the squads have a name, infact do vasudan squads have names?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
actually the Vasudan squads in the main campaign all seem to be numbered only, so I decided to stick with that convention in my campaign.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2002, 12:58:35 pm by 296 »

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Originally posted by Su-tehp
What do you guys think, doesn't the 2nd Shattered Stars sound like a good name for a bombing squadron? :)

Why do you insult me like that? ;););)

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
I knew you wouldnt like it, but i wasnt going to say anything, i would recommend that 2nd shattered stars should be above 99th skulls, but people just wont take that now will they :rolleyes:

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
if so, then so:

87th Space Cowboys, from LM.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

There's no ship in FS1 Called QuantumDelta, if you ever DID find something like that, it was either one of my very early Jenova Campaign missions or something someone made after I left :wtf:

As for BD and I being in the campaign, We are the best 2v2 fighters, I wouldn't garantee it on bombage, so it's not logical :P

With the style we play at the moment we'd be something of a reinforcement wing that basically always gets the job done :P If everything goes to hell we handle it...heh, at least that's the kind of situation we're dealing with in PXO/SW for now =]

(Yeah, I really don't wanna be a bomber O.o, I don't even mind dying if I get to be a really kick ass fighter :P)
You'll work something out ;)

Anyways, I'm most of the way through flying the FS1 campaign for you bro, there's no signs of the stuff you were looking for...

Still a few more missions to go, and even if that fails, I have a few number wise tricks up my sleeve :drevil:
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
No worries bro, thanks anyway.

With the style we play at the moment we'd be something of a reinforcement wing that basically always gets the job done :P If everything goes to hell we handle it...heh, at least that's the kind of situation we're dealing with in PXO/SW for now =]

Sanitizing (sp?)

And i doubt very much bombing is exactly shattered star material, ill have a word with su-teph, we will see what we can arrange :D;7

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Still a few more missions to go, and even if that fails, I have a few number wise tricks up my sleeve :drevil:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HE'S GONNA USE WISE TRICKS!!!!!!! ;)

Seriously, what the duck-batter said above goes for me too, bombers are really not my style, but I know him and I could take out fleets with what we can do (bwahaha those 50 sekhmets were fun). I don't mind dying or being a reinforcment if its entailed that I can remove a lotta behinds O.o

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by CP5670
I noticed in the other thread that you also wanted the logos; you probably already have the ones from PI in the last test version but if not I can mail them to you.

Gimme gimme gimme! I'm your project leader! I command you to give me those logos...

Oh, wait. The PI logos are technically PI property, not DatDB property. And since CP is the project leader of PI, I can't order him to just give me the PI logos, despite the fact that I'm the project leader of DatDB.

Whoops, my bad! :o

Seriously, CP, I'd like to take a look at your logos, especially for the Vasudan squads. Which squadrons were these logos made for?

And Sheepy, I'll send you the 332nd Black Manta, 92nd Lonestars and the 125th Vasudan logos in a little while. I gotta take care of this research project for my Corporations law class due Friday. I think I might have to slog through 30 pages of NY statutes and then I have to start writing...

Fortunately, the paper only has to be two pages long, but as of now, I have NO idea what I'm gonna write. :doubt:

I'll send the logos when I have some free time, this weekend at the latest, hopefully sooner.

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
No rush mate, im going to bed now and wont be around tomorrow morning so its no worries. Ill send u the latest insignia pack tomorrow as well.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Seriously, CP, I'd like to take a look at your logos, especially for the Vasudan squads. Which squadrons were these logos made for?

Hey, no problem. :D Do you want me to simply email them to you? (they are for the 92nd, 161st and 228th vasudan squadrons)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by CP5670

Hey, no problem. :D Do you want me to simply email them to you? (they are for the 92nd, 161st and 228th vasudan squadrons)

Hell, yes, winzip 'em and e-mail them to me.

Just out of curiosity, would you be averse to renumbering the 92nd? I think whoever made the 92nd Lonestars logo came out with that before you came out with the 92nd Vasudan logo, so I want to give the "92nd" number to the Lonestars. Is this okay with you?

BTW, if you want me to send you the logos for the 332nd Black mantas, the 92nd Lonestars and the 125th Vasudan, just say the word. I already sent them off to Sheepy (but he's probably asleep as I type this).

The Order of the Stick

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Actually, I would do that but the thing is that the logo has the number on it, and I unfortunately don't have a copy of it without the number anymore. (so to change it)

It's alright though, since the Lonestars appears to be a Terran suqadron while this is a Vasudan one, so things would still be consistent. ;) (this happened once or twice in the main campaign; note the two 33rd squads)

Anyway, the stuff has been sent.

BTW, if you want me to send you the logos for the 332nd Black mantas, the 92nd Lonestars and the 125th Vasudan, just say the word. I already sent them off to Sheepy (but he's probably asleep as I type this).

That would be great actually; I always like to have all the squad logos around. :D

(but he's probably asleep as I type this)

lol, I just woke up about a hour ago, so I will probably be awake until 7 or 8 in the morning. :D

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
CP, are you sure that squad numbers get repeated between Terran and Vasudan squads? I remeber the tech database saying that both the Terran and vasudan fleets, while operating separately, they are both under a unified command, so it would make sense to me that Vasudan and Terran squads would NOT repeat the squad numbers. Since there is a pilot exchange program between Terran and Vasudan fighter squads, it would make sense to have separate numbers for both types of squads. In that light, I think it would be a good idea not to repeat the numbers between Terran and vasudan squads.

Is there anything in FS canon to refute me?

Oh, BTW, Sheepy and everyone else, I found another original FS2 logo: it's the cartoonish one of a black sheep wearing a pilot's scarf and holding a pilot's helmet (the pic is named "sheepsquad.pcx"; it can be accessed using vpview). Thus, we have a new squad to add to the list: The Black Sheep.

There's no number on the logo, so we need to give the Black Sheep a number.

I also found the deathsquad.pcx logo in the original FS2 files (skull and wingbones on a reddish-black shield). It's a cool logo, so we need to come up with a squad name that has the word "death" in it. Can anyone look at this logo and give suggestions?

I'm still trying to find that blue and turquoise logo (blue chevron thingie next to a small blue-white star inside a turquoise rectangle). It's an original logo which I GUESS is vasudan simply because it's an esoteric logo that seems to be similar in vein to the 203rd Vasudan logo (geometric shape that doesn't seem to connotate anything). Can anyone tell me what this logo's name is so I can find it?

EDIT: NM, I just found it, it's called "tsusquad.pcx". I wonder, does "tsu" stand for "Tsunami"? I remember we have the 301st Tsunami squad in our list...but this pic doesn't seem to connotate a tsunami, it seems more like a Vasudan logo.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2002, 10:12:32 pm by 387 »

The Order of the Stick

Just a little ponderer :P
Isn't it something along the lines of for every battle group the numbers are clean?
You could have multiple instances of 33rd or whatever as long as it's a different group...
it's just a pain in the butt to write'em all out so..no one ever bothered unless they're actually needed (hense you only ever get "cool names" for squads in films/games/etc, heh...).
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."