Author Topic: Greatest "oh crap" moments in the original FS2 campaign  (Read 11447 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Greatest "oh crap" moments in the original FS2 campaign
Once I was doing the mission where you have to knock out the Sathanis' beams before it jumps.  I succeeded in this at the the last possible second, but had no time to jump out.  When the Sathanis jumped however, I wasn't killed, but was dragged by the ship and found myself several km on the back side of the jump node.  I ran back to the combat zone because I knew the Demon would jump in too, but I didn't even have a chance to rearm so the Demon managed jump out.  I ended up redoing the mission.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Though not quite as much of an "oh crap" as others, the one mission I didn't like was when you had to get Snipes out of the Cruiser in the middle of the EM storms of the nebula. That was the most annoying mission of FS2 simply because of the EM effects.

Usually I say oh crap every time I hear an explosion and see 10 submunitions from a Shivan cluster headed in my direction. I hate those damn things :)

EM causes you trouble?  Funny... I'm capable of fighting without instruments at all.  Especially in a nebula, where black ships show up very nicely against the pink background.

Yes, it's irritating trying to follow those buoys, but once you've done it a few times you get to know their approximate positions.  I quite like that mission now.  It's a nice rest before the 15-minute-to-blastoff mission that comes next...
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline Krackers87

• 158 crew
vs. 8 shivan maras- 3 salvos launched, evaded, 6 salvos launched right after i evaded the first 3, evaded, 9 salvos launched at me...
(evasion involving frantic releasing of flares and spining while trying to get rid of the 36 hornets following me)

God, i hate maras with hornets :doubt:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 01:37:03 pm by 1143 »
Put this in your profile if you know someone who is fighting, has survived, or has died from an awp no scope.

just like seventies goofballs
he's waiting on last calls
well listen method man
'cause if you leave on the last line
don't leave on the ground kind
born just a little too slow

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Bah, Hornets are easy to shake. Tornadoes are much more difficult to evade and do an assload of damage. That's why the Shivans don't use them in the original campaign as far as I know.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

EM causes you trouble? Funny... I'm capable of fighting without instruments at all. Especially in a nebula, where black ships show up very nicely against the pink background.

It's not the lack of instruments that bothers me. It's the fact that my HUD is fricken annoying. Bzzt-bzzt-bzzt. Over and over.

And to respond to the other posts, I agree that Hornets are easy to avoid. You don't even need countermeasures, just hit your burners and roll a little. An enemy fully loaded with Rockeyes tends to be more annoying just because they don't need a lock and by the time you've avoided the first one there's four more on your tail. Serapis and Nephilim Bombers are particularly annoying in this regard.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greatest oh crap moment in FS2 well :
1-st place when those Sathani started jumpin in and never stoped...well actualy they did buat a little late...:eek2:
2-nd "Dive dive dive....." nad i reacted too late i wasnt paing atention and hit the thingi head on... :eek: ..did that hurt...!
3-rd when i found out that sothing had gone supernova and i didnt have a clue it was the capella star with me muiles from the jump node...got toasted that time...!
Well a little barbeque came in handi then...:D
4-th when i first met the Ravana well actualy its beams in the nebula..and me looking like a maniak on the screen tring to find out where those beams came from...:wtf:
5-th when they sent me to scan the Sathanas and I found out  that the Psamtik "is down ":nervous:
there are lots more great moments like this one...
oh i forgot the first time the colossus apeared and me thinking it was a ship of the NTF (stupid me::wtf:  how am i supose to destroy that big mtf..????:confused: )..and lostmore !
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I didn't have an "Oh Crap" moment in FS2. Not really anyway.  Losing the Lysander (Or was it the Actium?) spooked me a bit, but that wasn't so bad...

FS1 scared me...:nervous:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

FS1 scared me...:nervous:

How?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Shivans.. they're everywhere!
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline JC128

Realizing even at full burn and with afterburners (and all power to engines) i was too far to make it to the jump node to escape the supernova..  Turned around and launched a full assault on a shivan destroyer that was making a run for the node. I managed to hold it back and took it down just as the supernova hit me went down with the shivan ship :nod:

Maybe wasnt an oh crap moment but it was a cool moment :D
Veni Vidi Vici

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
nova...ooo i was freaked after i played that the first time :D
(i eventually got out, after a lotsa tries...and i didnt cheat btw)
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.