Author Topic: 640x480 only option  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Gene

Yeah OK, I have the rip version from HOTU, so I won't get any fancy models or textures. But I still want to run the game at 1024x768, at least the interface would look smoother.

When I use setup to detect my DirectX and Videocard, I only get the option of 640x480.

I have NVIDIA GeForce3 64MB, and DirectX 10.

Is there any way to either fix the detection if if it can't detect, or force it into high-rez if it doesnt give high rez because of the rip?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Gene
Yeah OK, I have the rip version from HOTU, so I won't get any fancy models or textures. But I still want to run the game at 1024x768, at least the interface would look smoother.

When I use setup to detect my DirectX and Videocard, I only get the option of 640x480.

I have NVIDIA GeForce3 64MB, and DirectX 10.

Is there any way to either fix the detection if if it can't detect, or force it into high-rez if it doesnt give high rez because of the rip?

It may be that the HOTU version doesn't include the hi-res artwork used for the interface at high resolution; if not, then you're stuck at 640*480. (I think the vp is called something like sparky_hi or similar, if that helps)

There might be copies of said artwork somewhere, I'm not sure.  Hopefully someone will be along in a sec to answer that one.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think that the FS2 VP files were uploaded to one/several of the FTP servers.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
There are a lot of ways to get the files.

The official SCP installation guide merely points out two of them.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There's a whole HOTU section you might find useful in my FAQ.

In addition you might want to search for a post by MatthewPapa as he has the Freespace 2 iso's up for download.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 12:38:20 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]