Author Topic: Your opinion of Silent Threat  (Read 6798 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Re: Your opinion of Silent Threat
It has Shivan turrets... and I think it's suggested that it has Shivan Super Lasers like the Lucy (if not that, then some form of Shivan uber-weapon) that, at the time of its deployment to Jotunheim, hadn't yet activated.

Well the table files certainly had the Shivan Super Laser as two of the turrets.  I think in FreeSpace 2 they are just a pair of SRED's so its less of a potent weapon at that point.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
The SSL works in SCP, right?

Not the same way. It behaves like an FS2 beam (at least in the few instances I've seen it used with the SCP).
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
It has Shivan turrets... and I think it's suggested that it has Shivan Super Lasers like the Lucy (if not that, then some form of Shivan uber-weapon) that, at the time of its deployment to Jotunheim, hadn't yet activated.

Well the table files certainly had the Shivan Super Laser as two of the turrets.  I think in FreeSpace 2 they are just a pair of SRED's so its less of a potent weapon at that point.
Nope, ther're BGreens.  Still awful placement, though.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Not the same way. It behaves like an FS2 beam (at least in the few instances I've seen it used with the SCP).
That's because those instances use the SSLBeam, not the SSL itself.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
ST was horrible IMO :hopping:.The first mission was promising :) but then it was a let down :(.I knew they could do better, IMO 2/10 :no:.It had no story :ick:.None of the maps really fit together :doubt:.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Dysko

Also, the Hades' engine subsystem is awfully made :ick: I mean... you have 4 engines, and hitting the single engine subsytem you can disable 4 engines?
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Experimental Shivan Terran Hybrids, I'm sure... we never quite seem to get the handle on Shivan tech... well, by FS2, at least we seemed to have beams & fighter shields down pat...