Author Topic: Chapter 1 How was it  (Read 26332 times)

Offline Bri_Dog

You guys could've taught :V: how to FRED :D
Sig

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
I still think the first 2 missions were substandard compared to the rest of the campaign.
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

AMAZING, especially "Nemesis" !:yes:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
So far I'm impressed. :yes:

I noticed a bug in the red alert mission where you attack the Diabalo. If the SOC ship gets blown up it still sends a message from beyond the grave to the Independance.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Heh when we did the testing, those where the only kind of bugs we got, nothing major :)
oh well, I'll fix that for R2 :)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I like what I've seen so far. The Het-Ka mission scared the **** out of me. This huge THING just came out of nowhere and lumbered right toward me. The first time I played it, parts of the bow were so dark they looked like holes in the ship, so I raced to intercept the fighters and the Het-Ka rammed me. Predictably, I died. The second time, I ran for my life.

Oh, by the way, the Hydra, as it appears in Inferno, is disappointing. It's way too easy to kill. Bring back the Dragon!
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
hehehe, just wait for our nastier Shivan fighters :D

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
Well, I'll let you know next week when I have it downloaded.  I only have 56k, and 135 mb is kinda big.  Thank god for DAP.
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Hey.. i figured out how to beat mission 13... but thats not why im posting. Something i thought to be obvious in eye candy seemed to me to lower the believability and realism (realism?! FS2?!!), the little that exists, and made the missions seem incomplete. I know its small, and you may say its stupid.. but you'll notice it after awhile. In the 3 missions that take place in Sol, only 1 has the correct sun. Mission_12 has the right sun. Missions_13 &14 have white suns, which dont exist in Sol. :P

Other than that.... i enjoyed this campaign more than the FS2 main campaign... now get back to work on R2 & R3 ;)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
now get back to work on R2 & R3 ;)

We've already started discussion for R2 :)

Actually DS9er you got it the wrong way round. All suns are essentially white when looked at. You wouldn't go into space, look at the sun, and think 'ooh, yellow'. You'd be blind, but that's beside the point. :p

Yeah I noticed the suns were inconsistent and made a point to change them several times. But, obviously, I forgot to follow through after every mental resolution. :(

Sid.

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
sure the sun is white when you look directly at it... even the reddish suns. But before you look DIRECTLY at it, our sun has a noticeable tint and a large cornea and photosphere. If it was just plain white you would see the whiteness wihtout looking directly at it. White stars are normally smaller and are technically "dwarfs." Anyhow.. enough of the infor you already know. This wasnt meant as a "hahaha-in-your-face-you-stupid-useless-modder post" :thepimp:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
This wasnt meant as a "hahaha-in-your-face-you-stupid-useless-modder post"

No... those are generally my posts. just a little more useless, and a little less modder.:D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
god i hate the earth mission its like 30 gaganas at same time :(
I hate My signature!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I guess you mean the mission with the Tanen in. Very hard mission, may require a few attempts.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
oki the gigas is too damn big......i was 10 k away from node it still killed me in a col :/ :rolleyes:
I hate My signature!

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Ashrak
oki the gigas is too damn big......i was 10 k away from node it still killed me in a col :/ :rolleyes:

*grins evilly at the thought of Ashrak meeting the Gargant*

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
:blah: 135 Mb/56K modem=68 hours remaining... :hopping:
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Originally posted by Tiara

*grins evilly at the thought of Ashrak meeting the Gargant*

is it bigger?
I hate My signature!

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Ashrak

is it bigger?

:eek2::rolleyes::eek2:

From Inferno Tech Database

SSJ Gigas:

The Gigas is one of the largest spacefaring vessels in existence. The equivalent of an entire armada of GTVA ships, this super-juggernaught is all but immune to the weapons of conventional ships. Although its complete abilities remain under speculation, she has been confirmed to possess two anti-fleet main cannons, at least a dozen colossal side cannons, and a subspace weapon of unknown power. The Gigas may be undefeatable by conventional combined arms strikes.

SH Gargant:

Quite what the Gargant's purpose is remains a mystery to the Alliance. All tactical data on this virtually impervious ship has been classified.

Its well, yeah, bigger... *evil grin*