Author Topic: Inferno ship specs/glory shots  (Read 93877 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Inferno ship specs/glory shots
Ooh, I always wanted one of those..... Will we get to see these weapons in full action against some poor ******* in a GTD Boreas? (Assuming the GTVA/EA war has been redone.)
Well all EA capships have some sort of railgun IIRC. Not all Terran capships have plasma cannons though. The Oberon has the most. Capships don't have to entirely rely on their beam weapons now during a fight.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Small ships are nice, speciali Aetna i like it dessing. Caps..hmm..Ryujin is ok, Eclipse need definitly need more polys. Gona had another model  to work with it :D ( with your permision ofcourse )

Sure go ahead with any ship you'd like to do. Just let me know when you start a new ship so I know which ones your planning to do in case someone else offers to do the same one :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You gave the Ryujin the same "Inflatable" treatement as the Nemesis, didn't you? :/
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You gave the Ryujin the same "Inflatable" treatement as the Nemesis, didn't you? :/

???

Offline Darius

???

The "curving" of the edges and corners, giving the Nemesis the look of an inflated cushion when untextured...I can't find the original pic to use as an example. Although, personally I think it looks fine when textured...

What's the GTVA's lightest fighter going to be? ie. the ones which the lowly ensigns get to fly at the beginning of their pilot career.

???

The "curving" of the edges and corners, giving the Nemesis the look of an inflated cushion when untextured...I can't find the original pic to use as an example. Although, personally I think it looks fine when textured...

What's the GTVA's lightest fighter going to be? ie. the ones which the lowly ensigns get to fly at the beginning of their pilot career.

If anything the Nemesis looks less rounded than it used to be when textured. The detail levels are far greater than the old model and it fits in with the other EA warships better now.

The 'lowest' GTVA fighter is the Mihos - it's a decent enough craft but I think most of you will want to use the Ezechiel as it's a more rounded fighter, plus it's the first ship that can fire the Hastor cannon. The Mihos is very fast, however, and it has a comparatively huge ammo magazine for the Vulcan cannon. If you preferred the Serapis over the Tauret in FS2, the Mihos might be more your thing.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

I haven't touched the edges on either models...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Will the Shivans have every type of weapon that the Alliance has: Rail guns, plasma guns, etc, and additional types of weapons that the Alliance doesn't have?
Railguns are EA only, Plamsa cannons are Terran only. Each race has a seperate anti-cap weapon of its own.

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Sure go ahead with any ship you'd like to do. Just let me know when you start a new ship so I know which ones your planning to do in case someone else offers to do the same one :)

As you know now im working at EA station, next gona be Eclipse and..hmm mayby Darknes. If you still using this corvette, if not i had an idea to cereate one, some kind of pocket Lindos :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Darkness is still used.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Will the Shivans have every type of weapon that the Alliance has: Rail guns, plasma guns, etc, and additional types of weapons that the Alliance doesn't have?
Railguns are EA only, Plamsa cannons are Terran only. Each race has a seperate anti-cap weapon of its own.

Huhu, EA is Terran too ? I suppose you consider Terran as GTVA.

Offline mr.WHO

If you preferred the Serapis over the Tauret in FS2, the Mihos might be more your thing.

I like Seraphis as inteceptor but it was poor choice for long missions, that's why I prefered Tauret with 2x prometheus S, 1 tornado and 1 trebuchet.

Nemesis  entry please.
Solaris and Odin would be nice too coz I don't know the diffrence between them (both are SD, aren't they? ).

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Horus actually has stronger shields and better speed, too. Frankly I regard the Serapis as a rather expensive mistake...the Horus lasts longer in actual combat, in my experience. And I'll fly the Horus in preference every time.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline CaptJosh

IMO, the Serapis is the A-Wing of the FS universe. Fast, fairly maneuverable, but it lacks punch and surviveability due to low capacity for weapons and poor armor and shields compared to other ships.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

EA=EA
Terran=GTVA Terran
Vasudan=GTVA Vasudan
Shivan=Shivan
Ancient=Ancient

When I mention one of those it translates to the one on the right.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

EA=EA
Terran=GTVA Terran
Vasudan=GTVA Vasudan
Shivan=Shivan
Ancient=Ancient

When I mention one of those it translates to the one on the right.

Ok, because EA mean Earth Alliance, right ?  so that's why I asked it.

Offline Darius

IMO, the Serapis is the A-Wing of the FS universe. Fast, fairly maneuverable, but it lacks punch and surviveability due to low capacity for weapons and poor armor and shields compared to other ships.

It's interesting that the Serapis can mount a Hivel weapon. It made the interceptor (?) useful for taking out shivan cruisers and tankers in the nebula missions.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html

I believe this complaint is related to the smoothing technique used on certain models.  The geometry may not have changed, but it certainly looks like the Ryujin was autosmoothed with too high a smoothing angle and most of its side faces got lumped into the same smoothing groups.  Without spec it probably isn't that noticable, but the way the nose looks half-rounded on the side in that screenshot is somewhat indicitive of that.  I doubt it's really worth changing (and that may have been the style you were going for in the first place) but as I don't think anyone has actually explicitly stated what their concerns with the new models were I wanted to try to elaborate a little bit.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Those ships are Autofacet 45, since I don't use max I don't get the best level of smoothing control.
All ships that have been redone are the same except for the vasudan and ancient ones which are full smoothed since they really sucked in any form of autofacet.

SF Incubus

The Incubus appears to be the heaviest fighter the Shivans have produced so far, although it is also one of the most compact. She uses a heavy repeating energy cannon in her most common configuration which can tear apart all but the heaviest fighters like paper. However, we have also noticed the Incubus using fighter-scale beam cannons in key battles. With eight primary banks and a large reserve of missiles, the Incubus is much more deadly than most Shivan fighters. Command considers it a Class A threat.

Armament:
2x4 heavy primary mount
2x16 missile battery

ST Xerxes

The newly encountered Xerxes appears to act like a freighter, having been sighted in many Shivan cargo depots and convoys. However, it carries no cargo containers externally, leading it to be classified as a transport. Pilots have observed that it is similar in capabilities to the old Vasudan Satis-class freighter. Any Xerxes transports observed on a vector to an allied ship are to be destroyed at once.

Armament:
UNKNOWN

SCv Bryn

Significantly more powerful than the Moloch, the Bryn is a nightmare which has been used to pursue fleeing warships effectively. One can't help but be impressed by this magnificent warship, which boasts a huge forward cannon and numerous medium beam turrets all around the hull. This makes the Bryn somewhat difficult to combat with equivalent capital ships of our own, and her defensive turrets are very capable of negating our bombers. Pilots are advised to be extremely cautious around this powerful vessel.

Armament:
1x large beam cannon (1x fore)
2x small beam cannon (1x port, 1x starboard)
Defensive turrets (exact capabilities unknown)

SD Yama

A powerful and dedicated warship killer, the Yama has the heaviest destroyer weapons installed on all sides. Our analysts suspect that this heavily armoured ship provides Shivan command support to local task forces when a larger ship cannot be present. The Yama is a fearsome opponent to capital ships, and is not the easiest of targets for fighters and bombers to attack, but a persistent and co-ordinated strike is enough to penetrate her heavily armored hull and destroy her.

2x huge beam cannon (2x fore)
3x large beam cannon (1x lower fore, 1x port, 1x starboard)
Defensive turrets (exact capabilities unknown)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 06:23:21 am by SadisticSid »