Author Topic: Sol: A History Issue  (Read 25125 times)

Offline neoterran

Re: Sol: A History Issue
he's bandwidth limited, so it takes him forever to release patches, and on top of that, he's already said he isn't finished with the S:AH patch.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline ShivanSpS

Use Oxyshare, www.oxyshare.com...

700mb max per file, direct download, not waits, FTP uploads (recomended CuteFTP), no bandwich limits, no download limits, files decay in 30 days if there is not downlaod activity, but you can refresh your own files :D

P.D. I made the mods.ini and a .bmp images of both Inferno and S:AH for my pack, you may like to use them...
http://www.oxyshare.com/get/160935495644774758155ed/mods.zip.html
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 01:25:14 pm by ShivanSpS »

Thanks, but I am using FileFront, though I believe users may need to register in order to download the file.

P.D. I made the mods.ini and a .bmp images of both Inferno and S:AH for my pack, you may like to use them...
http://www.oxyshare.com/get/160935495644774758155ed/mods.zip.html

Thanks, but I already make long time ago the one from INF:

And the one for S:AH (the first thing I updated), is this:

I didn't really add the "Forum" link because the real forum of S:AH was closed long ago, though I am unsure if to redirect to the INF's Forum, the problem is that I don't want to bring people to make requests or complies to the wrong place...

----------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys, but I feel like I need to finish my models, I have made quite a few detailed, but they aren't really enough to make a playable model, so I need to focus on this...

Anyways when I have time I'll upload the last version of INF's update to FileFront

Offline neoterran

Well, how is everything coming along, Shadow0000 ?  :hopeful:
Chief Grognard.

I didn't made any progress or update in the Campaing since the last post, around May 27, that's due to many events:

(1) The release of the Media VP v3.6.8 Zeta (Which is probabily soon there will be a v3.6.8 or v3.6.9 final)
(2) The CVS Builds, specially the v3.6.9 RC 1 branch and so, I am troubled in which is the best to use
(3) World Soccer Championship ? (yeah, like if I play there, sorry I was just giving excuses...)

No seriously, in order to update properly I need to have (1), so I make sure it works properly and even make a patch, if needed, or just the last CVS to make rid of the annoying but useful debug warnings...

Again, I am pretty enjoying or boring making 3D desings, and that's the problem, if I would take it seriously I would have finished my model time ago, however due to the fact I need to finish multiple models in order to make one playable model, you can guess why, it's turns to be pretty boring because I can't really post my models in the moding section because they still don't conform a playable model. Sorry for the confusion...

----------------------------------------------------

Also ShivanSpS made a great work with the SCP Pack, S:AH shouldn't give problems to players anymore, since he added the fixed TBLs and make a mod.ini for it, so...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 10:28:46 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline neoterran

shadow, it's not that we can't play S:AH, we've been able to since April. But the screenshots on page 3 of this thread... that's what i'm interested in. I don't have time or the graphics skill to replace the planets myself. Since you've already done the work, i really don't see why you can't at least upload what you have done so far, and worry about the ships and inferno upgrade later. Inferno is what, 15 missions long ? And abandoned ? Seriously.

The way saturn looks in your S:AH alone would be worth the price of admission. Please consider uploading the work you've completed so far soon.
Chief Grognard.

shadow, it's not that we can't play S:AH, we've been able to since April. But the screenshots on page 3 of this thread... that's what i'm interested in. I don't have time or the graphics skill to replace the planets myself. Since you've already done the work, i really don't see why you can't at least upload what you have done so far, and worry about the ships and inferno upgrade later. Inferno is what, 15 missions long ? And abandoned ? Seriously.

The way saturn looks in your S:AH alone would be worth the price of admission. Please consider uploading the work you've completed so far soon.

I know what you mean, I am also not working anymore on INF, due to the Species.def I made, and some other changes, S:AH will totally needs to use the last version of INF (which I haven't still upload), and I know what you mean with "it's 15, mission?", let me correct you, there are just 14 because, one seems to have never been included in R1 or either pass the numeric scheme (was Mission 05 ?), surely Woomeister can answer that, plus anything that I update in INF will be usable an updated to any Sub-Mod, though there are 2 right now, S:AH and Solar Wars - Chapter 1 (a remake of this last wouldn't hurt), maybe there are enough FREDers, or they are just waiting for R2.

I'll see what I can do, there are more things I can do, but nothing that I am willing to...(specially since my will and motivation is right now being drained by 3DS max).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Mission 5 was a subspace mission were you went looking for an SOC fighter group, who get wiped out by the Shivans but give you a warning about things to come. We didn't like it so dumped it and then added the SOC scout to the following mission. The cut was done not long before release so we didn't renumber the rest.

In the SOC campaign you would of seen more of those events.

Offline neoterran

Well, shadow, perhaps you could consider releasing the upgraded planet backgrounds. That's all I'm really interested in, anyway.
Chief Grognard.

Yes, I can do that, but you may have to wait. I just need to upload the last version of INF, and then all the Background in S:AH will change, as I have already said I tried to update it really inderectly by just updating INF itself, however they will look not good at all de to the DivX/DivY, and that can only be solved with S:AH update.

--------------------------------------------------------

:lol: [amnesia] Before I upload the last version of the INF Update, I need to review and fix all the Alpha Channels in effects/maps folder which are wrong (black), as now the v3.6.9 RC 2 Build really supports Alpha Channels[/amnesia]

I forget about that, sorry but I can't upload it until I check and fix that at least...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 11:14:24 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline neoterran

hmmmm !!!  :D sounds promising !  :D :pimp: :yes:
Chief Grognard.

Offline neoterran

Heya SHadow0000 how goes it? Another month in the can, are we any closer to release ?   :D
Chief Grognard.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
yeah, i hope so too.

*take my dog, rise she in the air and shout* go shadow go *put my dog down back to the flur*

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline neoterran

Just release a beta with the wrong weapon names and the other problems, that's better than nothing ! I hate seeing those ugly planets every time i load S:AH.
Chief Grognard.

In S:AH I keep getting errors in missions featuring the Saturnian destroyer.  Whatever class it is doesn't seem to work, whereas all the other Inferno ships work fine.  Is this a known issue?

In S:AH I keep getting errors in missions featuring the Saturnian destroyer.  Whatever class it is doesn't seem to work, whereas all the other Inferno ships work fine.  Is this a known issue?

No by me at least, be warned, some of the first build redmenace compiled a while ago, from July and so, has missing the "supercap" Flag (for Super Capital's AI), anyway I don't think that's the problem, but Debugger builds go crazy with a millions of "There's no Class for XXXX Ship". This was fixed in Redmanace's recent buils from July 07, I think.

Plus my update of INF R1 is crashing, I haven't checked if the standard one does, but on Mission 02, it's CTD because there are too many Bitmaps...or so it says.

-----------------------------------------------------

Apart from that I'll have to re-update the Independence with the Orion Model included in the Media VP v3.6.8 Zeta, since it seems to have been slighty updated, I believe is just texture renaming, so it maybe faster.

Just release a beta with the wrong weapon names and the other problems, that's better than nothing ! I hate seeing those ugly planets every time i load S:AH.

You already have S:AH, that's much better than nothing  :), oops, sorry I hope I didn't sound mean.

The problem is that I don't want to release a BETA, when I updated INF R1, I released it because I was aware that most of the update was working fine, and everything that not was under a list of "To-Do" or "Warning: Don't activate the -decals Flag unless you want to restart your computer, in which case it will much faster and easier than the traditional way...", that time I was totally clueless, but now that I know what I am doing, I'll just feel responsible.

-----------------------------------------------------

The last time I was updating, I was in my endless fight against the Briefing's Icons, it seems that I wiped a lot o f them in INF R1, I now notice why it happen, and now I am aware why they are missing in the S:AH update.

All of this was caused because I take out the "Unused ships" from the ships.tbl, which it seems that in fact, they were used to have a more wide selection of Briefing Icons, though now I separated is totally useless, I have to fix that.

I can't finish S:AH update until I finish with the Update for INF R1, and I fix what is pending:

27 - Debogus Warnings, Missions Initial Warnings related to Missing Icons due to the removal of some "unused ships", which were actually used to show Briefing Icons (ex: ATT Dallie, others).

Not much of a problem, I just need some logic...now if I could only find some

28 - Debogus Crash Warnings "Gigas Max Split Plane"

Obviously involves editing the model, this is not a real problem, is a dynamic limits one, the fact is that it crashes the mission and that makes it more important than any other warning, as I can't really Debug the mission, at least what is loaded after the Gigas

29 - Generate and include all the IBXs (Easy)

Just F3, about 130 clicks (ships and missile), and magic.

30 - The Scripted Flak cannons, I already implemented the Zeta ones, but those seem to be boggus.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:28:26 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline neoterran

Well, that is a lot of work Shadow. If there is anything I can do to help you along, please let me know.
Chief Grognard.

If I were optimist, I would say all that would take me a just day, I would need to focus a lot, however I am too distracted with modelling so it will be impossible, I am afraid I am going to see errors and try fix them, while the fault couldn't be mine, which would end breaking everything.

INF Update:

I have already made the IBX for INF, for S:AH, I don't understand if I have to also copy ("clone") all the IBX of INF again, this is pretty useless since there are no changes in the Models, however every MOD look at it's */data/cache folder, S:AH don't use neither SOC or Vasudan models, however they're still present, I guess I'll have to include those a 2nd time.

I don't know what to do with the Scripted Flaks, there have been a few opinnions, and I never get to see the problem with the ones in the MVP Zeta, so I can't really tell the difference (even when I know it has something to do with the particle spew).

S:AH Update:

I have to convert again the Independence with the new Orion that is included in the MediaVP Zeta, but as reported, it seems there as UV problem or a texture naming problem.

Offline neoterran

wait, the independence and the orion ? wha ? the independence is it's own class of ship, no ? Bigger than orion class ?
Chief Grognard.

wait, the independence and the orion ? wha ? the independence is it's own class of ship, no ? Bigger than orion class ?

It's not a scaled Orion, is just a re-textured Orion, and not even that, just the name of the textures changes , and different color scheme.

In S:AH the Independence has beams, however the Beam system is never adapted for the Orion, like we get to see in FS2.

Q: The Orion & Independence need to be 2 separated models (2 IBXs) ?

Yes, one time I was thinking in use the "Texture Replacement" option in FRED2 and change the Weapons (EA Beams, others) using the Ship Editor. Until here it is OK, I save the memory of duplicating a Model (POF). The problem is that the Independence is completely different in gauges in the SHIPS.TBL, there is no way to change that dynamically.

The only possible solution, would be to have 2 entries (not 1 as said above), one for the Orion and the other for the Independence, the difference is that in this case, the TBL changes from:

$Name: Independence
$POF file: Indendence.pof

To:

$Name: Independence
$POF file: capital01.pof (the same used by the Orion)

This means every weapon is automatically and correctly in the TBL, there wouldn't be any need of edit the weapons in FRED2, but I would need to edit in every Mission the Textures for the Independence, the nameplates are already there, so...

This is really trouble maker, because I don't know if it will save memory, my FPS are already good, but I'll do what I need to get it really efficient, it is useless also I think, because there will be only 1 Model/1 IBX, but the problem is that S:AH doesn't features missions in which we get to see an Orion and an Independence.

All that just let me out of ideas, specially if I change so much for something which seems a theorical improvement, but remember it should work, in theory...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 12:34:09 am by Shadow0000 »