Author Topic: Inferno SCP Storyline  (Read 35012 times)

Re: Inferno SCP Storyline
Woomeister just loves tormenting us with these cryptic hints.... since he knows we won't be seeing R2, an the answers to all our questions, likely for another year.  :p

I'm joking of course.

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Why does everybody want to burn me?  :(

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Woomeister just loves tormenting us with these cryptic hints.... since he knows we won't be seeing R2, an the answers to all our questions, likely for another year.  :p
Well it is a really BIG spolier that one.

Cause I'm betting you weigh the same as a duck....

Sorry it's a monty python joke. Except in this case it's probably just annoying, especially considering you don't seem to have seen the films. Or else I just did it very badly. No, I can safely say that if you were burning, I would definately throw a some water on you.

Big Spoiler eh? Do the shivans send a couple of Gigas to weight-watchers until they can squeeze through?
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

No, I can safely say that if you were burning, I would definately throw a some water on you.

Big Spoiler eh? Do the shivans send a couple of Gigas to weight-watchers until they can squeeze through?

Could just use the HLP's water-filled flamethrowers instead.  :P
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm sure they just destroy the Sol Gate, regardless if Woo admits it or not :D
Nope we won't be blowing up the big Terran stations.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No the Gigas won't come out of the Sol jumpnode.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Gigas doesn't have that ability.

heres the part i'm confuse bout the gigas,  if its so big, how did it fit in the sol jump gate????

FREDding trick: position the player behind the Gigas, and have the Gigas jump out in front of the gate, looks to the player as if it jumped into the gate.  8)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
heres the part i'm confuse bout the gigas,  if its so big, how did it fit in the sol jump gate????

:eek2: It can shrink!!!!!!1111

maybe the shivans built it in the sol system with prefabricated parts..
 :nervous:

lol of course  :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
WOOT! Gargant Hyperdrive, Millenium Falcon style,

FREDDERS are gonna stick it on the extreme edge of space and ive it an initial speed of 50,000,000,000 and calculate it so the ship slows down just about in the right place :nervous:

Maybe not LOL.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

What makes intrasystem jumps possible without the need for a subspace node?  Assuming it is still possible to make an intrasystem-type jump even when well outside a star system, could you not continue making (relatively) short hops all the way from one star system to another?

Or...

Subspace isn't the only way to get between star systems.  It is just the fastest currently known.  They could conceivably send a fleet to Sol the long way.  Point your telescopes towards Capella, and you may see the light of their braking maneuver...  Actually, unless you knew exactly where to look, you'd probably never even see them coming.  A node is very small compared to the entire sky.

"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Well, if it were me, I wouldn't light my drives for the deceleration burn until I was pretty much about to enter the system, then I would decelerate as hard as I could to minimize the amount of time my drives are shining.  If I was really clever, I'd be coming into the system with a bright light (i.e., the Capella supernova) shining right behind me so drive-light would be missed in the glare of a much brighter light.  A garden variety star would probably work too.  Unless someone is looking very closely, it is unlikely they'll notice the spectrum of the light is very wrong.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline mr.WHO

What really bother me in Fs2 is that Sol is ~4 LY from Alpha Centauri. This means that both SoL and GTVA would be able to intecept their 4 years old transmissions and send an inter galactic E-mail with 8 years reply delay. Then why in FS2 they say that they have no clue what happened to/in SoL? 30 years would be enough to sent a lot of information (you can send more than one E-mail per once) to both sides.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
What really bother me in Fs2 is that Sol is ~4 LY from Alpha Centauri. This means that both SoL and GTVA would be able to intecept their 4 years old transmissions and send an inter galactic E-mail with 8 years reply delay. Then why in FS2 they say that they have no clue what happened to/in SoL? 30 years would be enough to sent a lot of information (you can send more than one E-mail per once) to both sides.
The tech description mentions 'declassified transmissions', meaning whatever came out of Sol at the time of the subspace cataclysm, the GTVA is keeping close to its chest. Any and all transmissions intercepted from Sol - detailing whatever events took place; whether it be civil war, collapse to anarchy, or shivan invasion - would undoubtedly be kept classified, natch.

Moreover, that's even more damning evidence for some kind of highly negative effect to being cut off, as if life continued as per usual, the GTA at the time would have most likely capitalised on the situation to inform the Terran populous for a boost to morale in staving off collapse.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
From the Delta Serpentis system, a squadron launched from the GTD Bastion pursued the Lucifer into the Sol jump node. These fighters and bombers had to destroy the Lucifer's reactors before the superdestroyer extinguished all life on Earth.

According to declassified transmissions, the mission succeeded. However, the explosion of the Lucifer created a subspace cataclysm that collapsed the Sol jump node, severing all contact between Earth and the other systems of Terran-Vasudan space.

The transmission could of been from the Bastion and the players group attacking the Lucifer and not from Sol.

Offline mr.WHO

Now this make sense. I know why GTVA would classify news from Sol:

GTVA - Hi!
SoL - We're Earth Alliance, Martians are evil, Jupiterians are evil, Terrans are evil, all your base belong to us.
<GTVA left the chatroom>