Poll

Which faction in Inferno would you fight for?

GTVA Terran
4 (26.7%)
GTVA Vasudan
2 (13.3%)
Earth Alliance
6 (40%)
Shivans
2 (13.3%)
Ancients
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 25, 2006, 10:38:26 am

Author Topic: Inferno Factions  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If you could choose which faction you would fight for in Inferno, which would it be? Was wondering which one was the most popular. I suspect it will be Earth Alliance, everybody likes them. :D

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Shivans ofcourse. They are evil, hideous and wise beyond comprehension. Just like me. And having a black armor and glowing red eyes are a huge bonus. :D
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline neoterran

EA have the coolest looking ships by far.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

EA has two things: the Nemesis, and the Icanus. Oh yeah, and good ol' Earth as well. Who wouldn't fight for them?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Darius

EA.

Only because their propaganda department has effectively masked the violence that marked the birth of their regime :P

Mind you, once Alliance comes out...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well you'd need Alliance 2 to get the full details. Alliance pre-dates the EA a bit.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
 :rolleyes:

I knew it, EA beats all.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Morally, I wouldn't like to fly for EA. Too totalitarian.

GTVA Terran Command is what it is "Try to fly into Lucifer's fighter bays!" and stuff like that. Too stupid.

GTVA Vasudans would be cool except for that I don't specifically like Vasudan fighters or bombers, Terran ships are way cooler IMO... besides, they would likely be too religious for me to handle well.

Nobody knows what the Shivans' motives are, but they are not shown in particularly good light... I wouldn't want to fly for them either. Gorramn star killers.

Well... I don't know a thing about Ancients, except that little amount what the Ancient cutscenes told us. I actually wouldn't like to fly for them either, but at least I don't have any expectations - to either good or bad, so I picked them.

BTW, why is it always so that Earth Alliance ends up as a totalitarian regime? :lol:

Anyway, closest competitor to Ancients is GTVA Terrans... the Command's stupidity is not their own fault, after all.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Ancients are bastards. The great Destroyers/Preservers deserved their heads. Ancients are all for power and complete control of the entire universe like somekind of stupid villain from a kiddies show. Actually, I always imagined them slightly like the Covenant from Halo, just not so religious.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
...crap.

Well that settles it, I'll just have to tolerate the Terran command's ineptitude... :p
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You better, or the 'wraith of an angry cosmos' will wipe you from existance! Justice will smiteth you.

Yeah, the Ancients are seen by many as poor victims.... they were not. "... and we saw other advanced life, and we subdued it, or we crushed it..."

They were interested in expanding their massive empire, enslaving other races, or annhilating them.... they deserved what they got, although I think their "legacy" (that device found on Altair) was a good move. Warning other races about the Shivans and whatnot.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I was going to make a campaign in which a bunch of Ancients come through a faulty Knossos portal and end up in the future, but it died after a strange .tbl error.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Covenant from Halo

This reminds me of a thread on Gamespot (or somewhere)... a super long one lasting several months/pages and there was flaming on only the first few pages. Covenant versus Shivans.  :)

I'd fight for nobody. Maybe I'll just go hijack their ships and use them to pursue a long-term goal of peace and unity... XD

:lol:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline mr.WHO

EA! EA! EA! Cool warships! Cool beams! Cool fighters! and realbadass goverment that only goal is a preservation of human race (in oposition to that puny/sugar democratic GTVA --> who need democracy when 80 Juggersauts, each much stronger that your best warship, blow up your system?).
EA goverment & command is only realistic thinking power in galaxy, EA is future, not best possible future..it's only future (something like NTF, but much much stronger and without xenophobic vision of neo terrans -> in one of your INF fiction you said that one of vasudan pilots that attacked Lucifer and got stuck in Sol become a commander of Earth Defence. Moreover your said in INF fiction that after EA took control ovet DS gate, all of Vasudans that got stuck in Sol refused EA proposition that allowed them to get back to Vasudan space).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Protect! Preserve! Prosper!

Is that still the EA's motto?

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
GTVA Vasudan, cos no bugger here will vote for 'em! :D
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think I just saw neoterran...

Offline neoterran

If I was born later, I would have been an EA pilot....
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Damn voted for EA meant to vote for GTVA vasudan
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!