Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 3024 times)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
When I first installed inferno, There was this SCP feature it switched on where the ships were like totally black and silhouetted on the side that wasent facing the sun, instead of just darker. I was screwing around with the SCP options and i accidentally turned this off somehow. What is this feature called so I can toggle it back on?  :confused:
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Specular? -ambient_factor? Glowmaps? Env Mapping? Have you tried turning everything off? Does that work?

Oh, and that wasn't SCP. That was ambient light that had something to do with the placing of invisible backgrounds and suns or something...

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
ummm ok so how i toggle it?
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It automatically toggles since it has something to do with the mission itself... Try turning off your normal SCP features.

If all else fails just use -ambient_factor (needs to be entered in the custom tags field). It kinda makes everything that is not exposed to the sun darker.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That doesn't sound like ambient_factor; I'm almost positive that it's Bobbaoau's old stencil shadow test build.  That feature was just some experimentation on Bob's part; it was never fully implemented, and so it hasn't been an available option for months.  With any luck, some of the SCP additions planned for 3.7 and beyond may make this effect possible in the future, but for right now, you're out of luck.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, I'm not saying that the effect was ambient_factor, I'm saying that if everything else fails to get the effect just try ambient_factor as it may give a similar effect.

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
That doesn't sound like ambient_factor; I'm almost positive that it's Bobbaoau's old stencil shadow test build.  That feature was just some experimentation on Bob's part; it was never fully implemented, and so it hasn't been an available option for months.  With any luck, some of the SCP additions planned for 3.7 and beyond may make this effect possible in the future, but for right now, you're out of luck.

But I had it... When I first installed R1... Without any other mods.  :confused:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Exactly. I had it even with retail. It has something to do with the placement of invisible suns and you have to experiment with the features of the SCP. Try switching some off. I think specular may be messing things up here.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There should be suns called something like ambient_blue or something like that. Those are what I think your looking for.
They create a glow if you look at them in retail though.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That effect was really cool, it made me think Inferno had SCP even though I hadn't downloaded SCP at the time... Dark times... :shaking:

Offline Darius

I get it when I'm using D3D, but it gets lost once I change to OpenGL.

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
I get it when I'm using D3D, but it gets lost once I change to OpenGL.

Maybe some SCP folks will have more insight on this.