Author Topic: Woos Glory Shots  (Read 89443 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Attempted Suicides (that's where you got it from, right)?

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
The more I look at the ships on the first page, the more an idea develops in my head via daydreams...

I'm picturing myself sitting in a cinema watching an animé film (complete with Jap speech :lol:) based on INF R2... a story involving two pilots, one pilots an EAF Claymore, the other a GTF Ezechiel... and the opening of a Pandora's Box in the form of a huge Shivan fleet... and somehow or another the Ancients also get thrown into the whole thing... hmm... and I picture them wearing oversized robes that cover them up to the point where you can't see a single feature of the Ancient organism... And they're levitating OH NOES!!!!!1

Great, now I'm getting carried away. :lol:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Anime + FreeSpace = Interesting Weirdness

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
There are no Ancients in R2 at the moment....
The only campaign where you'll see tons of Ancient stuff is Steady :7
Why not the Donar and the Lethe too?

OT Mobius is listening for the 1000th time leekspin!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Ancients will be in the Inferno campaign 'Gateways'.

LEEKSPIN ADDICTION!! MUAHAHAHA!!!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I know that, I only wonder when this campaign will be available...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Some time after the main campaign... :nervous:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That's the old stuff. Gateways has a completely different capship fleet, and several other fighter classes. There's even a freighter for them now :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And if there is a Freighter, there must be a cargo container.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Mine has (old) Ancient gizmos in it too. Those Androgeos juggernauts... man, they're powerful. Outclassing a Sathanas, even an Amritaya! :eek2:

Who made the descision for such a supercap in the hands of the Ancients anyway?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
There are no Ancients in R2 at the moment....
It was a daydream... and in it, the EA and GTVA are still fighting (cold war or with guns blazing, I dunno), despite the hidden threat... :lol:

Mine has (old) Ancient gizmos in it too. Those Androgeos juggernauts... man, they're powerful. Outclassing a Sathanas, even an Amritaya! :eek2: Who made the descision for such a supercap in the hands of the Ancients anyway?
I had the Andro fight the Sath in a test mission once (involving a #@$%-load of Katos and I forgot which class of Shivan fighter). Ancients waste the Shivans as though the Shivans were nothing... and my poor Vesuvius kept getting pounded by huge vollies of Pharnec fire... ><

And I had another one yesterday: Ancients hallfight... the Ezechiel pilot coming to the rescue of the Claymore pilot... :lol: GTVA pilot's sidearm is a scaled-down, rapid-firing Subach blaster rifle, the EA pilot uses an assault rifle akin to a Colt Commando+M203+accessories... :lol: :lol: :lol: And the room is really dark and lined with ambient purple on the walls. Something like those red liney textures on the Gorgon, only purple. And them Ancients are levitating and flinging energy balls from their hands OMG...  :shaking: I even had another version of it (where there's no fighting), but I think I'm going waaaay overboard now... :lol:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 01:36:03 am by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
This is starting to sound like somekind of weird and stupid cartoon, you know the type with a million episodes. That start off interesting and then just go into stupid overboard wanna-bee clones of Star Wars and Star Trek (Hmm, like the last arc of the original X-Men).

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
:shaking:

My current daydreams suggest that what you say is true... (HELP! :shaking:) but I think I know where to pin down an ending to the whole... "show". At the expense of not being able to sleep right yesterday night though... :lol:

Probably a short story (a huge universe just to tell a short story :wtf: :lol:) if I could ever make it, but that in itself is another far-fetched dream... 13 episodes? (like the animé VCD packs sold over here?) 26 (13x2)? 40? 70? Or maybe a two-hour film, but then I'd have to rush the plot... :lol:

Another far-fetched dream... :sigh:

I don't watch those types of cartoons though. I'm more to Japanese works.

dangit Woo, your glory shots inspire me lots... wahahaha... :lol:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ehh, Anime p4wns american cartoons...

(I are going to be smiting by peoples)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Well, I won't be one of the people smiting you.

I'm still getting ideas even now. Gosh.

This time it's the same two friends, spying on a yet-to-be-discovered Knossos portal because of the huge Shivan activity there. Funny thing is, my brain interprets the laser weapons as ballistic ones. Maybe it's because, to me, the visual impact of ballistic weapons and muzzleflashes is better?
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
That's the old stuff. Gateways has a completely different capship fleet, and several other fighter classes. There's even a freighter for them now :)

Which means that you're going to work solo on it=other 12-24 months.Steadfast will be the first campaign to have a lot to Shivan stuff, and the only one until Gateways...

One proposal:the Ancients expanede their empire for thousands of years=Super Juggernaut,Mega Juggernauts,150 km long ships,ecc.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well all the models are basically done except for an Androgeos replacement.
Only weapons really need to be made.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I don't understand how the Ancients could be wiped out if the Androgeos could destroy any Shivan Juggernaut (and get the Gigas from R1 down to 89% front on)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Because the Shivan sent Gargants and Gigas,not Lucifers.Simple,they thought TV were easy to beat.
The Lightblue Ribbon