Author Topic: Old INF SCP Status Thread  (Read 52785 times)

Offline Dysko

Old INF SCP Status Thread
You should know that a guy on GW released a BtRL campaign named "Rise of the Phoenix"... exactly like Steadfast's prequel! If only LGM played less OGame and used less MSN, and used more FRED, probably we wouldn't have problems of campaigns with the same name, that now has to be changed :p (although "The Hammer Falls" was announced time before LGM started working on his own campaign with the same title)
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Inferno Alliance Standalone "2350" is about 40-60% finished I would guess. Inferno Alliance Standalone "2360" (date unconfirmed) is stagnant and is waiting for INFASA1 to be finished. It's still in planning phases and most of the original stuff has been dumped and replaced. INFASA1 will probably include The Hammer Falls, LGM's anti-HOL campaign, and maybe some other campaigns.

You do know you practically given away information on everything we currently have in progress?
Though your "INFASA2350" stuff is odd as we have never referred to it anyway close to that....

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
FRED, probably we wouldn't have problems of campaigns with the same name, that now has to be changed :p (although "The Hammer Falls" was announced time before LGM started working on his own campaign with the same title)
That's not an issue for us since it's a standalone build, none of the campaigns with the same name should ever meet.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Inferno Alliance Standalone "2350" is about 40-60% finished I would guess. Inferno Alliance Standalone "2360" (date unconfirmed) is stagnant and is waiting for INFASA1 to be finished. It's still in planning phases and most of the original stuff has been dumped and replaced. INFASA1 will probably include The Hammer Falls, LGM's anti-HOL campaign, and maybe some other campaigns.

You do know you practically given away information on everything we currently have in progress?
Though your "INFASA2350" stuff is odd as we have never referred to it anyway close to that....

Eh? Then delete it. :P

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's a bit late now.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It is never too late.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
...like for the FAQ :P

You should know that a guy on GW released a BtRL campaign named "Rise of the Phoenix"... exactly like Steadfast's prequel! If only LGM played less OGame and used less MSN, and used more FRED, probably we wouldn't have problems of campaigns with the same name, that now has to be changed :p (although "The Hammer Falls" was announced time before LGM started working on his own campaign with the same title)

I told you, deactivate my MSN account!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
  The traditional mission count was supposed to be 60, but for realism's sake, I'm thinking of shrinking that down to around 40.

- Rampage
hmm why would you make 3 chapters if 2 is better with the mission count? look if you would split in 3 chapters maybe it wil count like this
chap 1 : 20 missions
chap 2 : 10 missions
chap 3 : 10 missions
you know thats me but i can play 10 missions in less than 2 hours so than you will have to wait to the new chapter for maybe months
if its gonna split in 2 chapters
than it wil be
chap 1: 20 missions
chap 2: 20 missions (duh)
and  i think  thats better.
but thats me aye ;)
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
20+10+10 wouldn't work. 20+20 is something reasonable.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I COULD do 15+15+15 = 45.  :7

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
A Chapter should have its own story. It starts with something and ends with something else. A Chapter, if put alone, should have sense. It shouldn't need the following Chapter. We're not talking about sorting the number of missions, we're talking about what INF SCP will really look like.

Chapters of 15 missions won't work.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Chapters of 15 missions won't work.

You're right; it wouldn't work.  I plan to finish Chapter 1's story circuit in 20 missions, which is optimal to say the least.  I wouldn't mind having 60 missions, but I will not write every single one of them.  If people would help out after I'm done w/ Chapter 1, then we can have three chapters of 20 missions each.

- Rampage

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
If people would help out after I'm done w/ Chapter 1, then we can have three chapters of 20 missions each.

You can't imagine how beautiful it would be, but I can guarantee nothing right now. Are you available this summer? Once I complete Steadfast and INFA2, I should be able to give you an hand with INF SCP. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
When summer comes, I will have a rapeload of free time. When I'm out killing bugs in my backyard out of boredom, I would much rather be trying to help. :P

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Me too. Summer means FREDding during the morning, where most of my MSN contacts aren't online! Woo-hoo!!!  :nod:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
i like long campaigns like the original FS 1 & 2 campaigns and Derelict and would love more of them. I'm hoping Inferno and Alliance (when all chapters are done) will keep me occupied for a while. I wish there were more long campaigns out there, but a lot of FREDers don't have the patience for it.

I don't know about FREDing for later chapters, but I could help on the storylines. I've some Ideas, including motivations for the Shivans and some answers to one of the biggest questions of FS2 "WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO ADMIRAL BOSHE?" (like thats not been addressed in other Campaigns). Any ideas i have regarding boshe, I wont post here as - if the plot point is used - it would result in spoilers.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I don't know, terran emperor. I don't think there will be Bosh in INF SCP, the MOD should be free from such hard points of the plotline.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, which sucks.

The main thing of FS2 was ETAK, and it shouldn't just be forgotten. This fact has been brought up a lot but Woo doesn't care.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I wouldn't like Bosch to be mentioned because we have no basis to discuss about. We don't know if Bosch can have a serious, reasonable role in INF SCP. The concept of the EA is being developed well in both INFA and INF SCP and it should be enough.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I've not mentioned how he'd be involved. But a twist i doubt has been seen in FS before

If not in inferno, then prehaps in a spin-off based on Crusade and a few other things.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 07:51:16 pm by terran_emperor »
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit