Author Topic: Old INF SCP Status Thread  (Read 52780 times)

Old INF SCP Status Thread
if there are only 2, we're in for a wait just accept it. I expect the release, when it happens

:lol:

We're no strangers to waiting for some distant release of Inferno, believe me.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Y-a-t-il des <updates> pour le premier poste?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Huh, he has to be.

He's the opposite of me... I post a lot and do no work, he posts little but does a lot of work. :D

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Questions.

Are there any Shivan capships in Inferno SCP that are 1) either re-used from R1, or 2) created by other people and are publicly available e.g. the SC Lamia?

Is it okay to release the Ezechiel table entry, publicly or private? If that's not possible, then who in INF SCP canon manufactures the GTF Ezechiel, and what are its weapon loadouts (e.g. Hornet M)? Again, publicly or via PM?

Thanks in advance. Reason for asking, I just started a smaller campaign (Gotta make myself useful for the 3 weeks :doubt:), and I kinda want it to have links to INF SCP. :)

Hopefully I'll not wallow in laziness and leave it unfinished... no wait, I'd better not. :sigh:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The current fleet is a mix of old ships and new internal stuff. I don't think we've used any 'public' ships since R1.

The Ezechiel entry links to our sound and armour table and has many weapons that are not avaliable yet so it wouldn't work correctly.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Woops. Didn't explain myself completely...

I'm already aware that the entry links to the sound and armour table. Inferno being the size that it is, I actually find it common sense.

Rather if allowed to, I would like to take a look at the overall stats to see how it all fits, tech description, manufacturer of the ship etc - I don't need the sound and armour entries. :) Weapons I don't know. I can probably work without them, unless I end up FREDding a mission where the player attacks a factory manufacturing Hornet M's or something.

Which reminds me, since the INF-tweaked Ezechiel only has four guns, then were there any gunpoints removed/relocated (particularly the secondaries)?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:27:52 am by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
He's the opposite of me... I post a lot and do no work, he posts little but does a lot of work. :D

Nicely put.  I've been at HLP since 2001 but haven't posted 1000 posts yet.

But your assessment isn't quite accurate, since I haven't really touched INF SCP since the end of May.  I've been doing medical school applications (or application, namely AMCAS at http://www.aamc.org) mainly since then.  But I have since also gradually resumed work on the project.

Many of you have asked me about recruiting, especially for FREDding.  Right now, I can't give you a definitive answer.  Truthfully, it is hard pulling a major project such as INF SCP on your own and has been harder with Sid gone.  Woomeister is occupied with INFA, so my strategy is to *ahem* steal some talent after INFA is near completion.  But in any regard, don't get your hopes up for an end-of-year release.  I'll keep you guys posted in the months to come.

- Rampage

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
Please could you update the first post?
It's outdated since over a month.
Or wasn't there any progress?
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Many of you have asked me about recruiting, especially for FREDding.  Right now, I can't give you a definitive answer.  Truthfully, it is hard pulling a major project such as INF SCP on your own and has been harder with Sid gone.  Woomeister is occupied with INFA, so my strategy is to *ahem* steal some talent after INFA is near completion.  But in any regard, don't get your hopes up for an end-of-year release.  I'll keep you guys posted in the months to come.
We need to rebuild the modpack first including prototypes of our new model replacements. Our current stuff is too messy right now for me to give it out to anyone else.

Offline Darius

I've been doing medical school applications (or application, namely AMCAS at http://www.aamc.org) mainly since then. 

Yep. Those are a ***** and take an entire 18 months to process. I've just sent one in myself but won't know anything else for at least 3-4 months.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I know you're no strangers to waiting. I mean i'm planning on doing a spin-off from inferno and i need the INF SCP to do it. But that's a topic for another thread.
Anyway any new development?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I didn't say I was waiting till missions are done, I'm just too busy to do something that big right now.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I'm almost done with the first ten missions.  Expect an internal release soon.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Yay! So how long till the final release?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Will it be out before summer?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline Snail

• SC 5
INFA is closer to release than you may think.

Not really. Personally, I didn't expect it before Christmas.  :p

(And, actually, I still don't.)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think it could be out near summer if I actually finish my FREDding assignments. :doubt:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
But isn't it already summer? Or do you just live on the ass end of the world Southern Hemisphere? :p
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta