Author Topic: Old INF SCP Status Thread  (Read 52720 times)

Offline neoterran

I'd prefer the missions in english, not polish. There are enough Polish missions.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Uh, can someone give me a quick rundown of what exactly this is?

Are you guys (Rampage, Snail, Qwer) finishing up what Woo has been working on? I.e. the fully redone Inferno story and completely overwriting the previous chapter one release? Or is this a continuation of that already released chapter and seperate to the work he's doing on R2?

Sorry, I've just lost track of whats going on with Inferno lately.

INF SCP is the next generation Inferno; it basically has Chapters 1, 2, and maybe 3 together as one megacampaign.  The story for INF SCP will be developed as we make the missions, so everything will fit together nicely.  The story itself has been completely redone.  The EA will be less translucent and more vicious.  Expect some attrition between GTVA and EA forces.  The Shivans, well - - you'll have to wait and see.  As of now, half of Chapter 1 is more or less done.

I am currently the only person working on INF SCP.  Qwer recently contacted me and will be working alongside me quite soon (read above post).  Sid seems to be gone for the moment again.  Woomeister is working on INFA right now, which I'd count on being released before INF SCP.  But with the rate of progress in INF SCP, I'm confident that we'll have something out soon.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Are you guys (Rampage, Snail, Qwer) finishing up what Woo has been working on?

Once again, me knowing so much about Inferno has led me to be known as a member of staff. :lol:

I am not. (but I'd be a happy man if I were :P) :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Are you guys (Rampage, LieutenantGeneralMobius, Qwer) finishing up what Woo has been working on?

Fixed :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You're staff? :)

If so, I hope Inferno is out soon(=this century) with your FREDding skills. :D ;)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I think I fixed the problem w/ FS2 crashing upon fighters launching from a docking bay.  As of now, it seems the culprit is the Claymore Mk. III, but in a recent test with a wing of Clay IIIs launching didn't crash the game.  Another theory is that the crash happens when two different fighters from different wings try to launch from the same bay using the same path.

I will continue to test those hypotheses and will get back to you.

As of now, if everything works out well, we may release a demo of INF SCP.  =)

- Rampage

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
As of now, if everything works out well, we may release a demo of INF SCP.  =)
No we won't as a demo with just a few ships would still have to be several hundred megs to work as a standalone system.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Awww.... man!

BTW, I still don't know what the Hailstorm cannon is.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 03:49:10 pm by Snail »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Rampage: interesting. Why you don't create a thread either in "FRED" or in the "Source Code Project"?

There's an interesting solution...use coords manipulation.

If the fightersbay is placed,for example:

----------------------------------------
                 !                                 .               !         ship       
                 ----------------------------------------
                                             !                    !     fighterbay
                                              -----------------

the fighterbay has these coords relative to the ship: x 0 y -250 z -50

set-object-position and use get-object x/y/z....make the wings arrive from hyperspace a few hundred clicks away and manipulate their coords....

use when-argument for multiple waves...

I don't know if this will work. I know that it's quite strange, though.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
No we won't as a demo with just a few ships would still have to be several hundred megs to work as a standalone system.

Oh I was thinking of a stripped down version of INF SCP, including only the ships necessary to play the three or so missions included.  But if you refuse, then I guess these poor kids will just have to wait.  :p

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You would still need to include all of the interface and core effects files, as well as the sounds and other required data. Stripping it down would take a while and would still produce a large download.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I think Rampage should take care of INFA too.

The 2 mods are connected...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
INFA has a large enough workforce. We've got Mobius, Qwer, Woo and I working on it all at the same time. But if Rampy wants to do anything he always has access.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'm talking about the plot...and the use of the same models.

I recommend him to start working on INFA...with INFA finished we can all think about INF SCP.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The only models that are common to both are some EA ships and a few Shivan fighters. INFA's quite seperate from the main INF mod really.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well I talked about some ship classes...their wide use by the EA in INF SCP means something in INFA since only a few years separate the two mods.

As I said, I hope we're not going to see 134859285802 Lindos destroyers like in R1 since they're not in INFA. The EA would need time to build them...and certainly wouldn't bring so many brand new destroyers in the frontline...

Also, Rampage working on INFA means finishing the mod early and concentrate our...your efforts on INF SCP.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well we are pushing INFA2s timeline closer to INFA and not INF SCP, so it doesn't really impact on it.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Feew...ok.

How about...the rest? A FREDder like Rampage working on INFA?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
To put the questions and speculations to rest - - I do not intend to work on INFA and INFA2 for the time being.  My focus will be on INF SCP.  It needs to be finished.

Sid just e-mailed me and told me his computer woes and how mission 3 was lost.  Bummer.

- Rampage
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 11:22:06 pm by Rampage »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Old INF SCP Status Thread
A FREDder like Rampage working on INFA?

We have ENOUGH people working on INFA (4), and NOT ENOUGH people working on the main mod (2). I say Rampage should keep working on INFSCP.

Sid just e-mailed me and told me his computer woes and how mission 3 was lost.  Bummer.

Shouldn't he have uploaded them?