Author Topic: RELEASE: Awakenings for Port 3.03  (Read 9520 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
RELEASE: Awakenings for Port 3.03
After much delay here is Awakenings redone for version 3.03 of the Port.  I have added Lightspeed's nebulae,  skyboxes, nameplates, FS1 music and included an altered music.tbl that restores FS1 success/failure music in addition to the changes required to make the missions work with version 3.x of the Port.

PLEASE PLEASE provide feedback, bugs etc.... I'm being sent abroad again in the first week of May and won't be able to access Freespace to fix anything after then until August.

You need:

FSPort v3.03
SCP CVS of at least 3.6.8 (same as Port requirement)
3.6.8 Media VPs

Lightspeed's Nebula Pack (from http://www.penguinbomb.com/lightspeed/NaRR10_Nebulae.zip)

Awakenings voice vp (awakenings-voice.vp) is required for voice acting (obtained from FSPort website)
Screenies:

Link:
[urlhttp://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=230]Download from Hades Combine[/url]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 09:45:05 am by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline neoterran

Re: RELEASE: Awakenings for Port 3.03
WOOT !!! Awesome. Project is really coming along.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

dude, that would SO be desktop material if you hadn't left the HUD on. ;)

but thanks! :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Tell me again why you haven't applied to become a Port member? :p

Offline Nuclear1

I want to have your babies.

I don't think FS1 has ever looked better than that fourth pic above.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline neoterran

This nebula pack is pretty interesting, it's not quite as nice as the ls_neb.vp, but it is more more mixed up and quite pretty..

Any chance someone is working onf Shrouding the Light to bring it up to full spec with FSport 3.0.x ? because then i can ditch my FSport 2.3 folder completely.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 11:22:02 pm by neoterran »
Chief Grognard.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I don't think FS1 has ever looked better than that fourth pic above.

:wtf: Did you miss the first three?

IMHO the fourth is the worst of the lot.  The pictures seem to have been posted in order of gorgeousness.  The first one looks prettiest, the second one second-prettiest, etc.

Offline Nuclear1

If the HUD were out of the shot in the fourth, it would look magnificent. I personally think the angle is perfect, but to each his own I suppose.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
The second and third are my favorites, the first is good but shows my least favorite angle of the Fenris, the last one is okay... but I really don't see anything exceptional about it, it's a Fenris with a really hard-to-see grey Demon in the background.

Offline Admiral Nelson

Any chance someone is working onf Shrouding the Light to bring it up to full spec with FSport 3.0.x ? because then i can ditch my FSport 2.3 folder completely.

:)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline neoterran

Looking good !  ;7 :nod: :yes:
Chief Grognard.

Offline Kernal

Yes!!!!!!!!!
No more problems. :cool:
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Correct me if I´m wrong, I guess I´m running into trouble if I install the nebulae outside of a mod-folder, right?

So the right setup would be to make an awakenings folder with a mod.ini pointing to mediavps AND FSPort3.0.3?
And tp put the nebulae into the awakening-folder?

Offline neoterran

yes, put the graphics files in data/effects and the stars.tbl in data/tables in that folder.
Chief Grognard.

Ok, did that and what I wrote earlier. Was fun and fine to play up to the point where you have to rescue the Minnow. The other missions have to wait a bit.

In the first mission: Is it a feature or a bug that you can´t jump out under fire?

I like the female briefing voice, makes quit a difference.

Edit: Played through the rest. Just one crash, most likely because of too many features and lack of memory.  :hopping:

All in all, fine!
Thanks for the good work.

Now I have only to wait until I can play from TVW to long after Capella in one go with one pilot....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 09:36:55 pm by futureshock »

Offline Nuclear1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/NelsonAndBronte/FS2/GTDIronclad1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/NelsonAndBronte/FS2/GTCMarlborough.jpg

If you get STL to work with 3.0, I will build a silver-plated statue in the corner of my basement and worship you.

Gold, of course, goes to the one who gets SAH to work with SCP.

Offline Admiral Nelson

It won't be that big a deal.  It just requires some XMT files,  and fixing one mission that uses a now deprecated SEXP.  The most annoying thing is that BR changed the default weapons for many ships, instead of setting the loadouts individually in missions.

Offline neoterran

Sol A History is already done by Shadow000, but he hasn't been able to upload it yet because he has bandwidth limititations, see the updating Inferno R1 thread.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:10:09 pm by neoterran »
Chief Grognard.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
hmm i wonder why i can't see any nebula backgrounds on this and i have everything right :P
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Admiral Nelson

Well, there must be _something_ you don't have right... :)

Most likely stars.tbl is not present in your mod hierarchy.  Take the stars.tbl that came with Lightspeed's nebulae and drop it in the tables folder of the location in which you have placed awakenings and see.