Author Topic: Last Hope Problem  (Read 3131 times)

Using FSPort 3.0.3 with 3.6.9 FSOpen build RC6.  This is a fresh install of FS2.

At Last Hope, approx 1 min after the mission starts, the whole app crashes.  I don't know if this is a mission issue or an SCP issue.  Can you confirm?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 09:31:26 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Just played through it and it worked fine.  Although I'm playing with a slightly more advanced version of RC6.  Wait for RC7 and try again.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Can you re-create the problem?

If I play the mission with the default setup, it works fine.

However, here is my setup for the mission (Medium Difficulty):

1) Swap the Ulysses fighters with the Valkryies.  This means that Alpha wing is all Ulysses and Beta are all Valkryies.
2) Assign Hercules fighters to Alpha One and Alpha Two.
3) Alpha One has one bank of interceptors and one bank of hornets.
4) Alpha Two has both banks of Hornets.
5) Alpha One and Alpha 2 have Banshee on the top rack, Prometheus-S on the bottom.
6) On Beta One and Beta Two, replace the Avenger Cannon with the Banshee.
7) On Alpha Three, Alpha four, Beta three, Beta four, replace the Avenger Cannon with the Prometheus-S.

With this setup, the mission crashes after Indra Wing arrives.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Do they come in fully or do they just open a warp and then disappear? What happens if you use default setup?

As I said earlier, if I use the default setup (don't modify any weapons, etc.... then it will work fine.

However, with this exact setup, the game crashes just after Command announces "Enemy Wing has just arrived".  I don't even know if Indra wing has fully warped in or not because the game crashes immediately after.

Another oddity I noticed is that enemy wings are not visible until you are < 2000 m away from them.  Dunno if this has anything to do with it.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Does this still occur with the now released RC7?

Under RC6, if you run the debug version, what does it spew out for you?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Have you tried using the checkbox in the Troubleshooting section which forces all weapons to be loaded whether they're used or not?  There used to be a similar problem to this back when it loaded them all by default, and people tried the "load ony used weapons" option.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Just to let you know that this is happening again on 3.6.9 RC7.  Same issue, customized setup crashes, default setup does not.

Has anyone else been able to replicate this?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've just been able to replicate this with the instructions you provided.  Thanks. :)

It seems to be related to the glow points on the Ulysses.  Have you posted this on Mantis yet?

Well that's weird.  If I use the default setup, it works ok, and it has 4 Ulysses fighters.  It's only this particular setup that this is crashing on this mission.

I don't have an account on mantis, but I would prefer if you could log in the bug on my behalf.  Thanx.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Now you do.  Your password is 12345.  Log in, change the password, then report the bug.
http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Now you do.  Your password is 12345.  Log in, change the password, then report the bug.
http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/
**Remembers to change combination on his luggage.**
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!