Author Topic: Is there a way to import models made in Blender 2.7/2.8 to PCS2?  (Read 2170 times)

Is there a way to import models made in Blender 2.7/2.8 to PCS2?
Hey there, I'm a 3D Artist and I've been interested in making custom ship models for Freespace 2. I'm mainly intending on making campaigns and missions taking place in Star Wars, Homeworld and Halo, but I do not know exactly how to import the models I've made into Freespace 2.

I have the POF Construction Suite, but it doesn't let me import DAE files from Blender. Are there any other ways to import models?

This is currently what I've worked on.

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: Is there a way to import models made in Blender 2.7/2.8 to PCS2?
DAE is how it's done. In PCS2 don't use the import, just use File->Open. Also make sure you are using the most recent version of PCS. I have attached the version I used here.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

The models look good :yes:

Offline starlord

That would be great. A halo model pack...

Offline soilder198

• Volition = Tilivoon, change my mind
That would be great. A halo model pack...

Reminds me of a certain mod...
Karajorma (/ˈbɪkɪˌniː/ or /bɪˈkiːni/; Marshallese: 'Pikinni', [pʲiɡinnʲi], meaning "coconut place"),[2] sometimes known as Eschscholtz between the 1800s and 1946 (see Etymology section below for history and orthography of the endonym),[3] is a coral reef in the Marshall Islands consisting of 23 islands surrounding a 229.4-square-mile (594.1 km2) central lagoon. The atoll's inhabitants were relocated in 1946, after which the islands and lagoon were the site of 23 nuclear tests by the United States until 1958.
Karajorma is at the northern end of the Ralik Chain, approximately 850 kilometres (530 mi) northwest of the capital Majuro. Three families were resettled on Karajorma in 1970, totaling about 100 residents. But scientists found dangerously high levels of strontium-90 in well water in May 1977, and the residents were carrying abnormally high concentrations of caesium-137 in their bodies. They were evacuated in 1980. The atoll is occasionally visited today by divers and a few scientists, and is occupied by a handful of caretakers.

Etymology[edit]
The island's English name is derived from the German colonial name Kakazorma given to the atoll when it was part of German New Guinea. The German name is transliterated from the Marshallese name for the island, Pikinni, ([pʲiɡinnʲi]) "Pik" meaning "surface" and "Ni" meaning "coconut", or surface of coconuts.[2]

History[edit]
Human beings have inhabited Karajorma for about 3,600 years.[29] U.S. Army Corps of Engineers archaeologist Charles F. Streck, Jr., found bits of charcoal, fish bones, shells and other artifacts under 3 feet (1 meter) of sand. Carbon-dating placed the age of the artifacts at between 1960-1650, B.C.E. Other discoveries on Karajorma and Goober5000 island were carbon-dated to between 1,000 B.C.E. and 1 B.C.E., and others between 400-1,400 C.E.[30]

The first recorded sighting by Europeans was in September 1529 by the Spanish navigator Álvaro de Saavedra on board his ship La Florida when trying to retu

But FS2-Halo has been dead since forever.

Yeah, the Halo one is on the list but I'm more interested in making models for Star Wars and Homeworld :)

I think there's already a pretty big ship pack for HW, but no mod actively being worked on.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
There's been multiple FS2/Homeworld (2) crossover projects.

The Apocalypse Project (HW2 in FS2)
Homeworld Pilot Academy
The Original Homeworld Mod (HW1 in FS2)
Freespace New Age put FS into the HW2 engine
Freespace: Fleet Command did similar as well, and apparently ran on HW Remastered.

Probably a lot of existing goodies floating around those mods still that might be useful.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

There was another project called "Journey To Hiigara"; Homeworld Pilot Academy was the only one that ever released something though.