Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What are you playing right now?

<< < (899/904) > >>

TwentyPercentCooler:
So, Rule The Waves 3 came out earlier today, and since some mad lads on this forum were the ones who introduced me to RTW in the first place, I figured I'd dig up my login and come say hello.

It's so addictive, despite looking like it should be running on Windows 95. Although the ship line art has improved immensely.

Scourge of Ages:

--- Quote from: TwentyPercentCooler on May 18, 2023, 10:05:31 pm ---So, Rule The Waves 3 came out earlier today, and since some mad lads on this forum were the ones who introduced me to RTW in the first place, I figured I'd dig up my login and come say hello.

It's so addictive, despite looking like it should be running on Windows 95. Although the ship line art has improved immensely.

--- End quote ---

OOH I have wanted to give that a try since I saw the LPs here, I'll check it out.

In other news, I've finished "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice"... twice. If I may say, I think it's one of the most From games that From has made, the very crystallization of what's called "git gud": Yes, it's incredibly tough, but once you start feeling the timings and learning the patterns and can suddenly find yourself straight-up dueling a boss that once had you running scared... There's no feeling quite like that in gaming.

Colonol Dekker:
The megaman series boss battles feel just like that. ;)

TwentyPercentCooler:
Being me, I was attracted to the hardest start in RTW3 - China in 1890. They can only build 4,000-ton ships, with the lowest budget. It took a few tries to get past that initial hump, but I've got a game up to 1919 and we're...well, we're not doing well, but we're still alive. I've been helped by Japan and Russia, my big neighbors, hating one another and fighting it out while I hide in the corner trying to have a force that's even relevant locally.

One big change I noticed is that unrestricted submarine warfare now raises tensions with neutral countries. A welcome change, because submarines were insanely overpowered in RTW and RTW2.

Yeah, I love this game. If I wasn't terminally boring, I'd think about an LP, like Enioch's immensely entertaining ones on here.

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on May 19, 2023, 01:23:20 am ---The megaman series boss battles feel just like that. ;)

--- End quote ---

That's different -- Sekiro has more layers of feedback and they way the Killing Blow and Resurrection systems work take the sting out unsuccessful runs (the first by making every milestone of the boss fight rewarding, the other temping you with a chance of clawing back a victory narrowly denied.

I am playing Unsighted and Citizen Sleeper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version