Author Topic: Tachyon now available on GOG  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Tachyon now available on GOG
And it's also on sale until 16 January, unless I'm mistaken:

https://www.gog.com/game/tachyon_the_fringe?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=20170113_weekly_sale&utm_term=EN

Tach has to be one of the best feeling space sims I've flown. It does not feel nearly as "mechanical" as I recall FS being - the game plays fantastically with a joystick, even a well-worn Logitech 3D Pro. The narrative is also very enjoyable - pair that with the aforementioned sense of motion, and you've got a good time in the works.

As per Zinv's mod working properly with the GOG version, I cannot say. But I'm quite certain that the man will at some point! :)
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Re: Tachyon now available on GOG
Multiplayer unless it's over a 3rd party service as virtual lan still doesn't work. But so long as the game files are accessible the other mods will.
All my launchers were based off a targeted directory, not the install directory or registry entry, so you just need to know where it's installed.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod