Author Topic: Let's Play... BattleTech! Rise of the Hard Light Brigade  (Read 62572 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: Let's Play... BattleTech!
2/5 Phoenix Hawk PXH-1, Polpolion "Polly"

how am I going to fit my heavy mass driver on this

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
2/5 Phoenix Hawk PXH-1, Polpolion "Polly"

how am I going to fit my heavy mass driver on this

Well, not a heavy, but if you wait until 3058 I can fit a mass driver.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
On behalf of all of us riding in rather subpar gear, here's hoping we live long enough to get some better rides.

Can vehicle pilots even eject?  If not, is there a way to allow us to?  Us medium vehicles will definitely need it.

Yes, and yes.  Vehicle crew do not instantly die when their vehicle is destroyed, and I can "eject" vehicle crew if the situation warrants it (it'll be a helluva lot cheaper than fighting to the bitter end).  I'll probably disable MechWarriors and vehicle crews running around the battlefield, too.  The bot has some rather... interesting target priorities when there are infantry on the field, and prior experience with AtB has shown that ejecting is a rather more certain prospect that merely attempted suicide.

AT ANY RATE I don't expect you guys to really need it.  Both lances with Hetzers have some rather more pressing targets to take fire, and against Green/Regular bot enemies I don't expect much trouble.  Against Clan?  Well... have your life insurance forms filled out and notarized.

Well, as starting loadouts go, that's not too bad. Having our main heavy hitters be all-energy designs will certainly help keep down operating expenses.

That said, that Scout lance needs replacing ASAP. Let's get some Valkyries and Spiders in there.

Spiders would be nice but are fairly rare; Valkyries are right out.  I don't like anything slower than 6/9/x in my Scout lances, because Scout lances are typically also used as reinforcement lances, and reinforcements enter the field at a speed of 12 turns minus their walking speed.  Honestly, even in 3025, Wasps and Stingers are the lower bound on the mobility curve that I deem acceptable, unless the 'Mech brings some exceptional firepower or ability to the field.  Those exceptions are Phoenix Hawks for heavy hitting and things like Firestarters for (duh) starting fires.  Javelins also get a pass for being really painful.

actually, if you are playing battletech in 3050, the guass is a much better weapon than the erPPC.  As far as customizing and repair goes...I still have the compendium, and if I am not mistaken, maximum tech is running around here someplace (if so the expanded rules for repair may come in useful to you).  I can't believe that no one is sitting in a BLR-3g Battlemaster.  Or a 70 ton Warhammer.

Not that simple, on both counts.  My access to gauss is exactly nill right now.  My access to 'Mechs was essentially totally random.  If I could have my way, the Grasshopper would be an Archer, all of my vehicles would be hovers, and all of my Scout lance would be that Phoenix Hawk and a bunch of Spiders

Using clan tech on IS mechs is much harder than just swapping out  an erppc for a clan erppc, clan weaps come in pods. It can be done, but it is much harder than replacing it with the weapon that came from there.

Eh.  Kinda.  MekHQ tracks parts as parts, not as pods.  It really is that simple, except I'm fairly certain there's a modifier for Clan parts being more difficult to fit onto Inner Sphere equipment.  I doubt that has to do with pods, though, since second line equipment is just as difficult to work with.

The only thing that I liked about the coasters on my coffee table (you probably call them Mechwarrior 4) was that the slots for weapons take into account how the mech engineered. ie The mech was engineered to have ballistic weapons in location x, energy weapons in location y,  and missile types in location z.  It would make customizing on paper a pain in the ass, but it makes sense. That concludes the ONLY thing I liked about mech 4. 

Anyway, let me know if I can help in any way.

This is absolutely not at all how refits work in the tabletop, and MekHQ follows the tabletop rules when it comes to implementation.  Refits are from one variant to the next, and if I want a custom variant I have to build it in either MekLab or SSW and export it, then convert to the new model.  It's very much not as simple as plug ballistic weapon x into slot y.

How it works instead is that each form of refit is given a rating.  A class refits are same-class (ballistic, missile, etc), same-size or smaller refits.  They are the easiest to accomplish.  B class are same-class, larger-size.  C is different class, same-size (includes armor), D is different class, different size (I think this one includes endo-steel, but may be mistaken).  E and F are factor refits, and alter things like engine size and type.

In the field, A and B are the norm, and if you're doing C, prepare for it to take a long time to finish, because you will fail the roll, and it will take several dozen man-hours longer than expected.  Same for D.  E and F cannot even be attempted in the field.

I'm gonna get so exploded.

I'd like to change my callsign to "Redshirt".  We can change it back if I manage to graduate to a vehicle that isn't hilarious. :p

Heh, can do.  You're certainly not "toothless", no matter how "lifeless" your pilot could be in the next few months. :P

The remainder of this post is a post I had ready to go last night, before the forum decided to flip me the bird and die.

* Scotty headdesks and adds headdie to the list.

So, I discovered I had two more hours than I thought I did tonight, so here's more stuff!

Name: Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun
Type: Wheeled combat vehicle
Tonnage: 40 tons
Engine: 140 I.C.E.
Speed: 43.2 km/h (4) cruising, 65.8 km/h (6) flank
Armor: 8 tons standard
Armament: 1 AC/20

The Hetzer is an unassuming vehicle.  It's shaped a lot like a bunker, sloped armor rising to a flat surface with the commander's cupola rising a few centimeters higher than that.  The wheeled motive system grants a little bit of a bonus to mobility, but has the downside of rendering the vehicle more vulnerable to disabling hits.  Eight tons of armor on a 40 ton frame is pretty strudy for the day and age, but the armor isn't the distinguishing feature.  The most prominent feature of the Hetzer is the boomstick.  A single, massive AC/20 protrudes from the front casemate.  As the single most damaging weapon available to anyone in 3049, the AC/20 is an intimidating weapon, capable of shearing off over a full ton of armor in one hit.  A respectable 20 casettes of ammunition ensure that the main gun will be capable of firing long after the Hetzer is incapable of anything else.

Vehicles are interesting in BattleTech.  'Mechs are very clearly superior in a variety of roles, but vehicles tend to perform much better than an equivalent 'Mech at single roles.  The Hetzer is a study in such specialization.  There is exactly one 'Mech smaller than the Hetzer that mounts an AC/20 in 3049, and it's an Urbanmech, lemon of lemons.  Everything else is larger and much more expensive.

What sets vehicles aside from 'Mechs is the damage resolution.  While a 'Mech can lose an arm and keep on trucking with little (or in some cases zero) loss of capability, vehicles go belly up the moment even one of their locations is destroyed.  While that's annoying in that their survivability is somewhat lower (only somewhat, you'll see later), it's also easier to salvage a vehicle from the field because a vehicle is only unsalvageable if it is destroyed by an un-CASEd ammunition or fuel explosion, or if more than one section is destroyed.

That somewhat I was talking about?  Well, while 'Mechs have eight (count 'em, eight) locations that may be destroyed independently of one another, most vehicles only have four or five.  The turret on a vehicle is optional (the Hetzer doesn't have one), so it has four.  VTOLs have a rotor for five, and any turreted vehicles have five as well.  How does that help them out?  You have the same tonnage of armor covering 37% less locations (55% less if you're counting rear locations).  That means you can have impossibly thick armor on your MBT that even your assault 'Mech can't pretend to match.  The eight tons of armor on the Hetzer are arranged such that the front sloped armor on the vehicle (slope doesn't do anything, unfortunately) can take three whole PPCs to the face before buckling, and the internal structure is untouched.  Since vehicles (and 'Mechs) are only really damaged when the soft insides are damaged, that's a big step up from the max of 14 or 16 points on an arm or 20 on a leg in the same weight classes.  The rest of the Hetzer is even able to take a shot from its main gun with some left over.

But that's that.  You guys want to know more about that BFG on the front, right?  Right.  Here it is.

Name: AC/20
Type: Direct-fire ballistic
Mass: 14 tons
Critical: 10 spaces
Range: 270 meters maximum (3/6/9)
Damage: 20
Heat: 7

The AC/20.  The boomstick.  The big ****ing gun.  There is literally nothing bigger than this on the Inner Sphere battlefields of 3049.  There is nothing more powerful than this.  One and a quarter tons of armor shatter and fall to the ground every time one of these babies connects with a target, if there's even that much there.  More likely, entire limbs and sections of torso cease to exist.  Then again, weighing in at 14 tons, only the gauss rifle masses more, and the amount of space it takes up is enough to make mounting it almost impossible if there's anything there first.  Two hundred seventy meters may not sound like much, but when an AC/20 gets rolling, it's a 540 meter wide bubble of "Don't **** with me" that even assault 'Mechs pay attention to.  That high damage comes with a hefty heat price, though, especially for a ballistic weapon.  Most pilots are okay with this.  Just don't ask what caliber any given weapon is.  What classifies an AC/20 is raw damage, not shell size or diameter.

Name: Manticore Heavy Tank
Type: Tracked combat vehicle
Tonnage: 60 tons
Engine: 240 standard
Speed: 43 km/h (4) cruising, 65 km/h (6) flank
Armor: 11 tons standard
Armament: 1 PPC, 1 LRM 10, 1 SRM 6, 1 Medium Laser

Hetzer not doing it for you?  Want a real tank?  Say hi to the Manticore.  This bad boy is one of the oldest and best main battle tanks in the Inner Sphere.  Even in the fires of 3049, the Manticore holds its own, and a little bit more.  A PPC, six-tube short range missile launcher, and ten-tube long range missile launcher occupy a well armored turret, with a medium laser pulling security front at all times.  A good speed and good armor supplement excellent armament to make this more dangerous than some comparably sized 'Mechs at just about everything except scouting (looking at you, Dragon).  Ammunition for the missile weapons is a little light, considering how much punishment this thing can take, with two minutes of fire for the LRMs and two and a half for the SRMs, but by the time you run out of ammo you should probably be moving to the rear anyway.  The use of a fusion engine is an oddity on a combat vehicle in this day and age, but it proves on this vehicle right here that sometimes, it's the best choice for the job.

You've already met the PPC, but this time there are a few new buddies to get to know, eh?  Fortunately, LRMs and SRMs can get lumped together fairly easily into one system, so I'll get those out of the way now.

Name: Long Range Missile Launcher
Type: Missile
Mass: 2/5/7/10 tons
Critical: 1/2/3/5 spaces
Range: 180 meters minimum, 630 meters maximum (6/7/14/21)
Damage: 1/missile
Heat: 2/4/5/6

LRMs are, as of 3049, the only ubiquitous indirect-fire platform available to the modern pilot.  Each launcher fires a flight of either 5, 10, 15, or 20 missiles out to a maximum range of 630 meters, where the missiles come arcing down on a target.  Each missile does little damage, but they tend to cluster, and where one hits, more follow.  LRMs are ammunition fed missile weapons, meaning that once the ammunition runs out, the launcher goes quiet, and the unit carrying it must be reloaded before it can start up again.  Each bin of LRM ammunition holds 120 missiles and is fairly expensive.  Most commanders call the expense well worth it, as LRMs are the primary heavy fire support of any decently equipped force.  The LRM outranges all but the lowly AC/2 and the devastating gauss rifle on the battlefield.  Any LRM far outstrips the former in damage dealing potential, and an equivalent tonnage of missile weapons to any gauss weapon will deal significantly more damage.  Missiles' main downsides are a vulnerability to anti-missile systems and a penchant for running out of ammunition when you want it least.

Name: Short Range Missile Launcher
Type: Missile
Mass: 1/2/3 tons
Critical: 1/1/2 spaces
Damage: 2/missile
Heat: 2/3/4

SRMs are the LRMs shorter, more painfully inclined cousin.  Each launcher is individually composed of less tubes, but each missile carries a more potent explosive charge.  SRMs are incapable of indirect fire, but at such short ranges, the loss is hardly noticed.  Unlike their long ranged cousins, SRMs also tend to seek their own individual locations on a target, scattering and sandpapering the target clear of armor with explosion after explosion.  The behavior of these missiles also makes it more likely for an SRM tube to reach out and touch something vulnerable beneath the armor.  They share the weakness to AMSs, unfortunately.  Each ton of SRM ammunition is 100 missiles, with the exception of the SRM-6, which holds 90 per bin.

That should cover both types of missile systems available at this point in time.  Other kinds of missiles don't show up until later (MRMs) or way later (ATMs, MMLs, Thunderbolts).  Last but not least on this version of Let's Play Infodump, the humble Medium Laser.  Min-maxer's dream, and inarguably the most efficient weapon in the game.  Players new to the game almost invariably gravitate toward fast designs armed with multitudes of medium lasers.  That's not going to happen in this campaign, mind you, but imagine:

Name: Medium Laser
Type: Direct-fire energy
Mass: 1 ton
Critical: 1 space
Damage: 5
Heat: 3

The Medium Laser fills the gap, unsurprisingly, between Small and Large Lasers.  More range, damage, and heat than the Small Laser, less of all three than the Large.  Massing one ton and taking up the bare minimum critical space, medium lasers put out solid damage for their mass at short but workable ranges.  The heat build up is... actually really low for how much damage it does as an energy weapon.  There's not a whole lot to go into about the Medium Laser except how workhorse it is.  It's not flashy, it's not monstrous, it's not bad.  The one ton mass and one critical requirement means that you can find Medium Lasers on juuuust about anything with a spare ton.

That concludes the lessons for tonight, methinks.  This wait is driving me just as stir-crazy as you guys, if not more.  Thursday/Friday should have the first real stuff connected with managing this beast, with contracts and maybe even an actual mission, depending on how long the initial write-up takes.

Okay, so, that's the end of this post.  I'm adding FireSpawn as a tech, niffiwan to the waiting list callsign "Loon", headdie to the waiting list callsign "Headdie".  Am I missing anyone else?

The company, as it stands now:

Assault/Command
*** 3/5 Awesome AWS-8Q, The_E "Easy"
4/6 Awesome AWS-8Q, Dragon "Rapier"
4/6 Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun, IronBeer "Iron"
* 3/6 Manticore Heavy Battle Tank, StarSlayer "StarSlayer", Scourge "Scourge"

Scout
** 2/5 Phoenix Hawk PXH-1, Polpolion "Polly"
5/5 Locust LCT-1V, NGTM-1R "Night"
5/6 Wasp WSP-1A, Patriot "Patriot"
6/5 Wasp WSP-1A, Esarai "Esarai"

Combat
* 3/4 Grasshopper GHR-5H, Andrew "Duck" Gibbs
6/5 Shadow Hawk SHD-2H, Phantom Hoover "Phantom"
4/5 Vedette Medium Tank, Aesaar "Toothless", CommanderDJ "DJ"
4/6 Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun, DireWolf "Dire"

Admin: Me "Strobe"
Doctor: deathfun "Deathfun"(?)
Mech Tech: Mongoose "Mongoose", FireSpawn "Fire Spawn"
Mechanic: redsniper "Red"

Vacant slots:
Five Mech Techs
Two Mechanics

Waiting list:
SpardaSon21 "Werewolf" - 'Mech pilot
ShadowWolf_IH "Shadow Wolf" - 'Mech pilot
headdie "Headdie" - 'Mech pilot
niffiwan "Loon" - 'Mech pilot
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:33:26 pm by Scotty »

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Well, I feel a lot better about my assignment now- can't wait to see that big gun in action!
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
By the way, you can rename my character as "Dr. 'deathfun' Bones" for several references all at once
"No"

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
The bot has some rather... interesting target priorities when there are infantry on the field, and prior experience with AtB has shown that ejecting is a rather more certain prospect that merely attempted suicide.

In my experiences with MegaMek, the bots behaviour can be best described as "possesses a psychotic hatred of ejected pilots". Seriously, it goes out of its way to step on them.

What sets vehicles aside from 'Mechs is the damage resolution.  While a 'Mech can lose an arm and keep on trucking with little (or in some cases zero) loss of capability, vehicles go belly up the moment even one of their locations is destroyed.  While that's annoying in that their survivability is somewhat lower (only somewhat, you'll see later), it's also easier to salvage a vehicle from the field because a vehicle is only unsalvageable if it is destroyed by an un-CASEd ammunition or fuel explosion, or if more than one section is destroyed.

That somewhat I was talking about?  Well, while 'Mechs have eight (count 'em, eight) locations that may be destroyed independently of one another, most vehicles only have four or five.  The turret on a vehicle is optional (the Hetzer doesn't have one), so it has four.  VTOLs have a rotor for five, and any turreted vehicles have five as well.  How does that help them out?  You have the same tonnage of armor covering 37% less locations (55% less if you're counting rear locations).  That means you can have impossibly thick armor on your MBT that even your assault 'Mech can't pretend to match.  The eight tons of armor on the Hetzer are arranged such that the front sloped armor on the vehicle (slope doesn't do anything, unfortunately) can take three whole PPCs to the face before buckling, and the internal structure is untouched.  Since vehicles (and 'Mechs) are only really damaged when the soft insides are damaged, that's a big step up from the max of 14 or 16 points on an arm or 20 on a leg in the same weight classes.  The rest of the Hetzer is even able to take a shot from its main gun with some left over.

On the downside, hits on vehicles tend to be more concentrated one location, e.g. from the front most hits on a vehicle are to the front armour (especially when lacking a turret, e.g. Hetzer), whereas a mech has more even spread of locations that can be hit.  This partially cancels out benefit of having more armour in each individual location.  Vehicles also receive more criticals (especially from the side, and when including motive system damage as a "critical") than mechs receive which also reduces the effectiveness of having huge amounts of amour.  So yeah, I'm of the opinion (unfortunately for the crew :() that vehicles are a fair bit more flimsy than similar mechs.

(sorry IronBeer, just saw your post as I was writing this.  It is a good gun though, just as long as you can get into range)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:42:16 am by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
(sorry IronBeer, just saw your post as I was writing this.  It is a good gun though, just as long as you can get into range)
I know- I went ahead and did some reading on the Sarna (BT) wiki. According to info there, the Hetzer is... well, it's got a big gun. Gotta wonder though, how exactly would the lack of a turret affect its combat ability?
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
not too much, its not as much of a big deal as it is IRL.  Obviously if you're immobilised you're in more trouble without one, and running away while shooting is harder (not that the Hetzer has the speed to run from much). Apart from that, showing your sides to the enemy while using a turret to engage is usually not a good idea unless you've already lost most of your front armour.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Hetzer has two problems for mobility.

One, it's wheeled. This impacts the terrain it can move across and on pavement/clear terrain occasionally results in unwanted drifts. (You'll also see other vehicles drift occasionally, yes you can totally Fast and the Furious with your giant robot if it's quick enough, and one of the things MegaMek doesn't simulate IIRC was that you could deliberately fail a piloting roll to drift a vehicle.)

The second is the weapon is fixed-forward. Turreted weapons have a 360 degree field of fire. BattleMech torso weapons are similarly fixed but the 'Mech can torso-twist to bring them to bear on side arcs, while the arm weapons have both front-arc and their side-arc field of fire (and you can stack with torso twist to bring one arm to bear on the aft arc).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:23:47 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Yes to all counts.  Hetzers aren't particularly shining beacons of vehicle design.  They still have their uses, though.  A big boomstick is always helpful, and if my vehicle crews are anything, they are consistently average gunners.  That doesn't sound like much, but Gunnery 4 on an AC/20 is still a lot of pain.  Most of the time on the field, Hetzers are going to be scooting from cover to cover and staying out of LOS as much as is physically possible until in range.  If getting in range like that is impossible, I'll hang back and make them come to me.

Vehicles are generally fairly balanced with 'Mechs, though "fairly balanced" means 'Mechs are kings of the battlefield for only a couple reasons instead of every reason ever.

Fun fact: the AtB rules only count vehicles as half-tonnage for balancing purposes.  That Hetzer?  Carries the same balancing weight as a Wasp or Stinger when it comes to rolling OpFor, instead of a 40 ton mobile boomstick that's capable of one-shotting said Wasp or Stinger.  It's also really cheap to buy more of, so I can honestly have a stack of Hetzers back at base to stick the crew into if one goes boom.  That's slightly less possible for 'Mechs.  If it ever gets too bad with the vehicle attrition rate, expect to see a lot of "<Hetzer> VII" or some other amusingly large Roman numeral.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Also, I am totally going to save Scotty a post here or annoy him endlessly and tell you all you need to know about the Locust and the Vedette.

This is a Locust. It's actually the correct model of Locust, too; can't always be sure of that with BattleMechs.

Armament for an LCT-1V consists of a Medium Laser and a pair of Machineguns. It has a 8/12/0 movement profile, or in practical terms it cruises at slightly better than eighty-five kilometers an hour, runs at just short of hundred and thirty, and doesn't jump. The design is armored to the efficient maximum, i.e. there are no wasted armor points from the last half-ton, but this is somewhat irrelevant for a twenty tonner. The only location on the Locust that will survive contact with a headchopper weapon (one that does twelve points of damage, the maximum necessary to take the head clean off a 'Mech) is its center torso, and that will be hanging on at three points of internal structure. There are estimated to be at the time of this game somewhere well over two thousand Locusts in service in the Inner Sphere.

The good point is that the Locust can outrun almost anything, making it a very effective scout since it can get away to report back. The bad points are the popgun weapons array (my kingdom for an LCT-1E conversion kit) and the use of a whole ton of machinegun ammo for one hundred turns of sustained fire from both barrels, which is utterly pointless, in addition the machinegun ammo being by far one of the most explosive substances in the game and that one ton contains enough explosive power to scrap this 'Mech entirely. (Every structure point, every armor point, flat gone.)

This a Vedette. Don't count on it to look like any other Vedette you may ever meet, however, for reasons mentioned below.

Armament consists of an AC-5 in a turret and a machinegun on the bow. Movement profile is 5/8/0, or fifty-four kilometers an hour cruise, eighty-six flank, and with one exception combat vehicles don't jump. The armor protection is fairly good and in an engagement with an infantry force or a light BattleMech a Vedette is more likely to be disabled by critical damage than by penetration of its armor. Vedettes are produced by eight major arms companies across the Inner Sphere and Periphery, in addition to countless minor ones. They are thus one of the most common commodities in the universe after hydrogen, the various APC designs, and human stupidity.

Good points are that as a tracked vehicle the Vedette can go almost anywhere, and for such and its engine type it's actually quite fast. The AC-5 also provides some range to play with, and the turret means the Vedette is very good at the Monty Python Maneuver of running the hell away while firing backwards at pursuing enemies. Bad points are that total damage output is actually less than the Locust's already popgun array of weapons, and 5/8/0 actually isn't too fast with a large number of medium and light BattleMechs, even in this era, able to keep pace or close the range. Both problems can be laid at the cheap but weight-inefficient Internal Combustion Engine's feet.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Good post, and yes thank you for saving me a bit of info-dumpy exposition.  Wasp, Grasshopper, Phoenix Hawk, and Shadow Hawk are all still in the pipe, but I should be able to get those done myself without too much trouble.

As helpful as that post was, this post is for more than just to thank.  As of approximately four hours ago, I have graduated my initial entry training into the US Army, and am boarding a plane home in just over an hour and a half.  By 9:30 EST, I'll be back home and sinking back into my comfortable routine of sit-on-my-ass-and-play-vidya-games for most of the week.  Woo!

What does that mean?  That means expect to see some screenies of the company management 'action' later tonight.  Also possible are the initial contract offers for the company, which means people should start dying getting paid soon!  A big thanks to you all for bearing with me through the rather dry spool-up week before I could actually do anything. :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I like that the Hetzer literally is a Jagdpanzer 38(t) minus treads.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Patriot

aww fudge, i wanted a Hunchback :(

And of all things i get put into the mech i didn't wanna be in xD

Scotty, could you please strive to get me a medium when salvage comes around? No need to reroll my guy/mech just cause of me not liking it.

EDIT: Fun part is that i get to be in the same lance as my X-COM brethren xD
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:35:41 pm by Patriot »

Congratulations Scotty!

I'm slightly more excited about my ride now, especially since I can DRIIIIIIFT.

Well, it is called the Hetzer after all. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well, it is called the Hetzer after all. :P

I guess Škoda Works is a bit less zealous than Harmony Gold in protecting their IP.

too soon?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
As helpful as that post was, this post is for more than just to thank.  As of approximately four hours ago, I have graduated my initial entry training into the US Army, and am boarding a plane home in just over an hour and a half.  By 9:30 EST, I'll be back home and sinking back into my comfortable routine of sit-on-my-ass-and-play-vidya-games for most of the week.  Woo!

\o/

Lemme know if you ever feel like having me do more of them (like for enemy gear or whatever), I'd be happy to.

A Feddie Story

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Let me know when we get some Conventional/Aerospace fighters (if we do anyway). I'd love to be up in the skies.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

\o/

Lemme know if you ever feel like having me do more of them (like for enemy gear or whatever), I'd be happy to.

Right this minute?  Should be good.  I have literally nothing to do all tomorrow, and can knock out some right proper write-ups while I hammer through a mission.  That said, I really have no interest in doing another two dozen of them if my first week on the job ends up encountering two dozen units that haven't come up before.