Author Topic: Zathras 2.2 Alpha for development  (Read 11486 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Zathras 2.2 Alpha for development
I'm getting an error when running this in debug.

* FUBAR-BDHR smacks Kara for not reading the know issues area of the release post.

Damnit! I did read it at the time, just didn't remember the issue when I playtested days later!

Why not stick the entire table (with a fix) in Zathras?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In Crusade "War Zone" (the first episode) a Drakh cruiser was being pursued by an Omega.  The cruiser was showering the Omega from an aft turret that fired yellow-orange pulses.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I'm getting an error when running this in debug.

* FUBAR-BDHR smacks Kara for not reading the know issues area of the release post.

Damnit! I did read it at the time, just didn't remember the issue when I playtested days later!

Why not stick the entire table (with a fix) in Zathras?

I've thought about doing that for future releases.  Right now I'd like to stick with the .tbm for fixes as it's also a quick way to tell what was changed.  Some day I'll set up a svn repository for this stuff to take care of that.   Until then it's 1 warning that is actually fixed before it gets done parsing the data so other then being a pain in the ass to hit continue once every time you run debug it's not an issue. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Online wesp5

Can you run the debug build and post a log so I can try to track this down.

Starfield bitmap 'xparent' already listed as a xparentxparent bitmap!!  Only using the xparent version!
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_15d_INF_SSE2-20121105_r9326.exe! <no symbol>
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Can you run the debug build and post a log so I can try to track this down.

Starfield bitmap 'xparent' already listed as a xparentxparent bitmap!!  Only using the xparent version!
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

That's a call stack not a log.  I need the FS2_Open.log file from the data directory.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Online wesp5

Oops, I didn't know. Find it attached.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Looks like the problem here is a duplicate entry in DoW that conflict with the version  Zathras.

This entry in DoW3-str.tbm
Code: [Select]
$Bitmap: 1_p_epsilon3

is already defined by XMASnbg-str.tbm from 0rph3u5.vp in Zathras as
Code: [Select]
$BitmapX: 1_p_epsilon3
This does bring up the point that Drumbs of War Series should be installed into it's own folder not in the TBM main folder.  That would be why it's showing up for you and not for me.

Now to figure out the reason for this and if it's actually a real problem if it's in it's own folder.  My only guess is that he wanted to change the way the bitmap was handled for that campaign for some reason. 

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've got a feeling that the DVD might just dump everything in the main folder. Mine was a huge mess and when I looked at it, I couldn't think of any reason I'd organise things that way.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
It does for a number of things (including the first 2 parts of DOW) but not the full DOW release.  The offending file is in the full release. 

Online wesp5

So should we ask 0rph3u5 if we really need this file in Zathras or whether it should be removed from DoW? If the latter is the case, similar errors could be valid for other campaigns, because I don't have all existent campaigns on my system anymore...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well since it would require repacking and redistributing the campaign then hoping everyone gets the right version before playing the easiest solution is just to move it to it's own mod folder like it should be and not worry about the warning.  Worst case scenario is that planet shows up with a green box around it or stars show through it. 

Online wesp5

...the easiest solution is just to move it to it's own mod folder like it should be...

Can this be done from Zathras without repackaging the campaign? Because the Brakiri War for example also copies sound files into the main TBP folder which is quite another kind of mess. I don't think I have any mod folders at all...

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
You at least have Zathras. But appart from that, everything is in ../tbp/
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
...the easiest solution is just to move it to it's own mod folder like it should be...

Can this be done from Zathras without repackaging the campaign? Because the Brakiri War for example also copies sound files into the main TBP folder which is quite another kind of mess. I don't think I have any mod folders at all...

No this is not something that can be done from Zathras.  The tbm file with the problem entry will always be parsed in both DOW and Zathras and throw the warning.  It would need to be fixed in DOW.  It may not even be causing a problem.   

As for EBW are you talking about the .ogg files?  Those are not sound files but movies.  Granted they still should not have been installed there but not much we can do about it now.

Also lets try to keep this on topic of Zathras 2.2.  This topic really isn't for discussion of other issues only for things in Zathras that aren't working correctly. 

Online wesp5

This topic really isn't for discussion of other issues only for things in Zathras that aren't working correctly.

Okay, so in case of the DoW error, someone would just need to test the mission where this happens. Maybe it doesn't matter at all! The other error I got which you told you already knew about didn't stop me at all from playing several of Mag's missions already :)...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Updated known issues in first post. 

Discovered some table issues where the number of LODs in the tables do not match the actual models and a bug in the code that was supposed to detect the mismatch.   The code should be fixed and these will be showing up as warnings in future 3.6.15 builds.    I do have the entries fixed on my end and they will be in the next Zathras development update.  Hopefully that will not be in the next week or so. 

Online wesp5

Updated known issues in first post. 

I had another two warnings when playing MAGs "In the beginning" mission. They pop up just before the first two nukes explode that will kill the Black Star. I have attached the log file...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Unfortunately that warning doesn't give me much to go on.  It would need to be traced while running a debugger.  Is it random or does it happen every time you play the mission?

Offline Slasher

Hey wesp, do you have a convenient link for MAG's missions + the patch? 

Online wesp5

Is it random or does it happen every time you play the mission?

It does happen every time and below you will find the link to MAGs missions. I'm not yet through with my latest patch, I'm doing one mission at a time, but I didn't touch that section of the mission except renaming the "2MT nukes" to "2 MT nukes". Find it attached nevertheless.

http://heatemup.co.uk/b5sfp.html