Author Topic: the plan  (Read 8180 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Demitri

So, it sucks? (not seen it and from a lot of posts don't think i will be)
"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies!
Like Englishmen and Scots!
Or Welshmen and Scots!
Or Japanese and Scots!
Or Scots and other Scots!
Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!" - Groundskeeper Willie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It has a nice opening sequence and some funny bits of dialogue, but it feels like a 10% solution of regular BSG.

Offline newman

So, it sucks? (not seen it and from a lot of posts don't think i will be)

Nothing like forming your own opinion. People always disagree on.. well, everything - the only way to have your own honest opinion is to see it for yourself. I said it before, how you see "the Plan" really depends on your expectations. Mine were a bit more realistic, I knew that after the dismantling of the sets and with the budgetary restrictions we can't expect a full on addition to the bsg 'verse on par with the mini series, or episodes like "the hand of god". It may not be the best of BSG, but I don't feel it's the worst either. If you're a BSG fan it's definitely worth a watch.
So, don't listen to the local philosophers / undiscovered film director and writer geniuses. Plenty of time to talk about how it sucks if you do end up not liking it :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
I don't think I've ever heard lepton say anything positive anyway.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Jangiri

Personally it's not that I thought the plan was bad it's just it wasn't what I was expecting. I was hoping for something that would fill in the blanks created by the finale
as in, once the final five came to the twelve colonies to end the first cylon war, and what's with this 13th cylon character
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:25:30 am by Jangiri »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The 13th was explained in full in the same episode they mentioned him. The final five made another model, Cavil got jealous and wiped them all out. What more needs to be said?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Demitri

I said it before, how you see "the Plan" really depends on your expectations.

I'll be honest and say that i didn't have any expectations for it as i wasn't sure it was still being made seeing as i hadn't heard anything about it until i saw this thread. When it was announced I did wonder about the sets being dismantled/sold off. Suppose I'll give it a shot then, tho I'll admit a lot of the feedback from ppl here has kinda put me off.
"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies!
Like Englishmen and Scots!
Or Welshmen and Scots!
Or Japanese and Scots!
Or Scots and other Scots!
Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!" - Groundskeeper Willie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
My expectations were really low too, but my ultimate impression was that the narrative cheapened the entire show.

You can see it and draw your own conclusions if you prefer; the music and the opening sequence are pretty good.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
i think almost everything from about new caprica :ick: on was not really that good.
still watched it, and there were good parts, but i almost think it 'jumped the shark' when the ram pegasus into a basestar, and its flight pod manages to take out another one.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
I'm sure they could have calculated that!
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE