Archived Boards > Homeworld: Blue Planet

Suggestions

(1/2) > >>

crizza:
So after playing the Demo a few things come to mind.
Will the Arcadia be the only Station able to actually build the capital ship or do you add other stations as well, given time.

About the resources: What about adding the logistic ships, so the collectors can dump their REs there, would be sweet if the Anemoi could repair ships.

Have you planed something like missile lifetime? Playing deathmatch and some missile are flying over the whole map, when my ships retreated.

But still: Great work Mat :)

MatthTheGeek:

--- Quote from: crizza on May 29, 2012, 01:22:34 pm ---Will the Arcadia be the only Station able to actually build the capital ship or do you add other stations as well, given time.

--- End quote ---
Other stations will come. The Tevs have the Ganymede, the UEF has two more stations, I can always make stuff from Polaris pieces or Black Wolf's kit. There is also, of course, the UEF Faslane shipyards, the ones that built the first Orions and the Solarises.

--- Quote from: crizza on May 29, 2012, 01:22:34 pm ---About the resources: What about adding the logistic ships, so the collectors can dump their REs there, would be sweet if the Anemoi could repair ships.
--- End quote ---
Logistic ships will have a field repair, mobile construction and AoE buff effects. Gas miners will most likely be able to dock with em. But since deathmatch hasn't really been my focus, I haven't been working much on resources mechanics.

--- Quote from: crizza on May 29, 2012, 01:22:34 pm ---Have you planed something like missile lifetime? Playing deathmatch and some missile are flying over the whole map, when my ships retreated.
--- End quote ---
Hum, missiles already have a lifetime, the same as in BP. However, we're talking of range from 36 to 72 seconds here, which means that, since IIRC the deathmatch map is pretty small, you can probably snipe the enemy base from your own base with Narayanas.

DireWolf:
How difficult is it to change the way that the HW2 engine treats the hyperspace ability (for example, cooldowns or changing inaccessible areas to emulate jamming)? Unlimited jump capability greatly favors GTVA shock jump tactics.
will there be a jad gauntlet wave

MatthTheGeek:
A lot of stuff about HS is hardcoded. I could probably emulate some stuff like recharge time through scripting if I knew how to script. Right now subspace jumps are free for testing purposes, but I plan to use costs for balancing purposes.

Of course there will be.

crizza:
Is it possible to rework the behavior of the Diomedes? It fights just like a higaarian destroyer, presenting it's broadside to the enemy. While this is not that bad, wouldn't it be better if the AI could try to bring it's 4 beams to bear on a single target, cause it is quite anoying to jump the Dio so that it could use every beam, but the ship just turns...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version