Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

Can BPC/FS2 Blue be played with the new Media VPs?

(1/2) > >>

CT27:
I'm going to play Freespace 2 Blue (a campaign included in the Blue Planet Complete package) again soon probably.  Is it playable with the new 3.8 Media VPs?  I.e., can I switch "mediavps_2014" to "MediaVPs_38X" in the BPC folder mod.ini?

General Battuta:
No idea. Give it a try.

FrikgFeek:
From my experience of actually doing it there's nothing obviously broken but it hasn't been thoroughly tested so YMMV.

CT27:
I played a few missions of it so far (first three training missions plus the 'Belesarius' mission).  I didn't notice any major gamebreaking errors, but I did see one error on one of the command briefing screens:  the picture with Bosch and all his crimes in the background was smaller than the other CB images in that set and the text was blurrier (i.e., I couldn't see "Didn't blame Axem").  The other CB images looked fine.

I switched back to MediaVPs 2014 and that Bosch image went back to having readable text and the Axem line was there.

CT27:
Never mind, I figured it out.  I just realized the MediaVPs were updated to 3.8.2 and I downloaded the CB ANI 1 file which fixed the issue (I don't use Knossos yet).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version