Author Topic: Space Marine  (Read 24150 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Right, so there's been multiplayer news, and multiplayer looks awesome.
Multiplayer Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALMlPkddxnE&feature=player_embedded
Marine Customizer is confirmed and awesome: http://www.spacemarine.com/gb/blog-post/warhammer-40000-space-marine-multiplayer-customizer

EDIT: A developer talks about multi, and has gameplay sequences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2sCb8gia1o

Gawd I'd vant it for the customizer.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
This excites more than the idea of getting laid...I really am a nerd.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

The demo has only been out for people who pre-ordered on Steam for about a day, and there's already mods for it:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?262044-Space-Marine-Custom-Titus-Skins-New-Blood-Angels
God, I love the RelicNews community.

Also, that forum, which never agrees on anything, has agreed that the demo is made of win and awesome, and the only major failure it has is being too damn short.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:41:22 pm by SpardaSon21 »
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
The demo has only been out for people who pre-ordered for about a day, and there's already mods for it:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?262044-Space-Marine-Custom-Titus-Skins-New-Blood-Angels
God, I love the RelicNews community.

Also, that forum, which never agrees on anything, has agreed that the demo is made of win and awesome, and the only major failure it has is being too damn short.

Has it? i pre-ordered it and have had no word about a demo or is that just for US pre-orders only?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Steam pre-orders, sorry.  Let me edit my post for clarification.

And yes, pretty much every time someone talks about the demo it is to heap massive praise on it.  Let me get a link.
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?261941-Space-Marine-DEMO-Inbound!&p=1045283875&viewfull=1#post1045283875
There were a few Steam-related issues, but overall the response to the demo is that it is ****ing awesome.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:45:59 pm by SpardaSon21 »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Heh 

Always Angry, All The time...
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Ahh their lies the problem as Space Marine has been removed from the UK Steam for some reason, nobody at THQ is willing to say why, it has also been dropped by a lot of retailers for some reason. I don't get why the UK is having this problem and no other country to my knowledge is. Also Warhammer 40,000/Space marines are a UK IP

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Ahh their lies the problem as Space Marine has been removed from the UK Steam for some reason, nobody at THQ is willing to say why, it has also been dropped by a lot of retailers for some reason. I don't get why the UK is having this problem and no other country to my knowledge is an Warhammer 40,000/Space marines are a UK IP
Yeah, there's been a lot of anger from the U.K. on that forum as well.  I don't know what the issue is, myself, and nobody else on the forums do as well.  People from Relic have said it isn't their decision though, and that leaves Steam (who would want Space Marine on their store) and THQ (who may have been pressured by retail stores in the U.K.).

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Yeah, there's been a lot of anger from the U.K. on that forum as well.  I don't know what the issue is, myself, and nobody else on the forums do as well.  People from Relic have said it isn't their decision though, and that leaves Steam (who would want Space Marine on their store) and THQ (who may have been pressured by retail stores in the U.K.).

Its not just Steam, UK retailers are being dropped as well, sofar i am only aware of GAME(which is selling it at a stupid price, nearly a £100s) and PLAY.com that are selling it. HMV have been dropped and my pre-order to Amazon was cancelled as i got an email of them saying they aren't stocking it so i changed to Play i just hope that doesn't get dropped .

I think a chat to THQ UK is in order, also i couple of phonecalls to the people i know that work for THQ to see if i can get answers on whats going on.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:07:35 pm by starbug »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Steam is downloading the demo as I type this.  I'll be sure to let you know if it is any good.

Alright, so I've played the demo, and I only have one thing to say.

**** YOU RELIC, **** YOU IN THE ASS WITH A CHAINSWORD!

The demo is totally balls-to-the-wall awesome, filled with pure win and lots of brutal Marine-on-Ork violence and murder, complete with massive sprays of blood when Ork body parts are vaporized and exploded by your Space Marine fury.  The combat is smooth and fluid, and melee and ranged combat blend neatly together with instant and easy swapping between the two.  The controls are also easy to use, and keyboard and mouse work well for both melee and ranged combat so one doesn't need an Xbox 360 controller.

The demo is also two relatively short levels.

Screenies: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpardaSon21/screenshots/

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Alright, so I've played the demo, and I only have one thing to say.

**** YOU RELIC, **** YOU IN THE ASS WITH A CHAINSWORD!

The demo is totally balls-to-the-wall awesome, filled with pure win and lots of brutal Marine-on-Ork violence and murder, complete with massive sprays of blood when Ork body parts are vaporized and exploded by your Space Marine fury.  The combat is smooth and fluid, and melee and ranged combat blend neatly together with instant and easy swapping between the two.  The controls are also easy to use, and keyboard and mouse work well for both melee and ranged combat so one doesn't need an Xbox 360 controller.

The demo is also two relatively short levels.

Screenies: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpardaSon21/screenshots/

Damn, I was beaten to the punch.

Yeah, I felt like a Space Marine - an awesome achievement. Putting this on my "Must buy" pile
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline mxlm

Put it on hard and the game is actually pretty hard. Good times.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's pretty cool, but the short bit available to play worries me about overall game length.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It's pretty cool, but the short bit available to play worries me about overall game length.
One of the devs said it is supposedly 12 hours long, so I wouldn't worry too much.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Also, I just took a moment to watch the IG fire on the Orks in the big fight at the lift. The local guard has full-auto lasguns, and...

Holy ****, they even made lasguns look awesome in this game. Mother****ing lasguns!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Crap why the hell is the UK not allowed the demo(funny how WH40k is a UK IP)!! Website says Worldwide release for Space marine Demo, click on the link and Steam says " This item is unavailable in your region"  So if this game requires steam how are we supposed to get the game activated on Steam UK when it has been removed?????????

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Played the demo, liked it. Probably not going to buy it at full price, but I have this sneaking suspicion that it's going to be in a Steam christmas sale sooner or later.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns