Author Topic: Non-fragile joystick for FS2 SCP?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Objekt

Non-fragile joystick for FS2 SCP?
Can anyone suggest a joystick for playing FS2 SCP (and all its wonderful variations and campaigns!) that doesn't suck?  I'm about to get my second replacement Saitek Cyborg Evo under warranty, and am mulling over moving to a more robust product once that one wears out too, as I'm sure it will.  While it's nice that Saitek is good about fixing/replacing their stuff under warranty, it would be nicer if I didn't have to take advantage of the warranty.

I'd like a joystick that isn't too fancy or expensive (think <$60), which probably rules out force feedback and having zillions of buttons.  It should have a throttle built in, a "hat" switch on top, and at least as many buttons overall as the Cyborg Evo does.  Adjustability is a plus.  Any suggestions?  I haven't shopped around yet, and figured fellow FS2 players would have some ideas. 

Offline Dysko

Re: Non-fragile joystick for FS2 SCP?
I have a Trust GM2500 Predator. I bought it at 25€ and is very good. It doesn't have force feedback (I hate FF :p ), but has the throttle, the 8-views hat switch, 12 buttons and also the rudder.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yikes...just what have you been doing to those Evos? :p  I've been using one for three years now (to say nothing of the Sidewinder 3D Pro I've had for almost 10), and the thing handles just about as well as it did when I took it out of the box.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
There is only one.

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2.

Offline Objekt

There is only one.

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2.

Hmm.  I had one of those briefly, in 2002-2003. 

It lasted longer than either of my Saiteks have, but still wore out inside a year.  That time, it was the twist axis that stopped working.  Thanks to Mickeysoft's crappy 90-day (at the time) warranty, I was totally screwed.

Does Mickeysoft still make the Sidewinder 2?  I'm having a hard time finding it for sale anywhere on the Web, aside from auctions, and Microsoft's website seems to want to pretend the Sidewinder doesn't exist.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Dunno. I bought mine in 2002. Works to this day, as good as it ever did.

I also won the European League together with a guy that used a keyboard, so I guess that should speak as to how the joystick performs.

Offline Objekt

CH Products used to make wonderful stuff.  I had an original CH Flightstick that lasted for around 8 years before the pots gave up the ghost.

Unfortunately, none of their current offerings are 4-axis.  Even their most expensive stick doesn't have the twist axis.  Dangit. :/