Author Topic: You don't guess what I do today... :)  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
You don't guess what I do today... :)
Hey guys...
...this mostly concerns anybody who remembers the beginnings of TBP and the first two releases!

Back then I was handling the sound design and voice acting of the whole project. Well, after working for a research institute and a big automobile manufacturer as a programmer/engineer I have now started working for a yet small game company in Germany as head of audio!

It's like a dream coming true....I get less money but I am finally getting happy with the work I do...and I couldn't do it today if I haven't worked with the TBP team and dug deep into that whole audio thing. It is where all my love for sound and music started. Thus I want to thank anybody who was involved in the development and anybody who downloaded and played it, because you made it a big hit and made me push forward!!

Thank you so much!
Yogi
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Darius

Re: You don't guess what I do today... :)
Are you the guy that did the music for this? If so, good work! I remember reading about it when the video first came out, and you were worried that it didn't sound B5 enough :P

Congrats!
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

That's Great to hear.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Nice going mate :yes:

btw i think an admin needs to change Black Sheep's title to something a little more appropriate
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Slasher

TBP was the first total conversion for FreeSpace 2, and it wouldn't have had the effect on players that it did (and still does) without the complete overhaul of sound and music that you pulled off.  If you do half as good as you did on TBP you'll do great at your new company.  I know you've wanted this for 8+ years so it's so awesome you made it, and are actually getting paid to do something you enjoy!

Cool bean man. Congrats

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Congrats on the new job!
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Congrats, man!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."