Author Topic: Two more things  (Read 11380 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Eternal One

What, is there something wrong doing that? ;)

[sean connery as 007] But, of courshe not [/sean connery as 007]]

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Here's another idea:

Could someone PLEASE put in a couple lines of code so that you're able to change the key bindings for straight up/down, strafe left/right, and go backwards?

NOTE: This requires table editing to do normally, but the keys are so incorrectly spaced, it's super uncomftorable.:(

Offline RandomTiger

I guess I dont dont fully understand your post but (just out of interest) why do you want this and if it can be done through tables why should we change code?

PLEASE put in a couple lines of code

I think its best to let coders guess how much work it takes to do a job. You'd be surprised how often something that you would think is really simple actually turns out to be complex. :)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
What I mean is that it is possible to put Newtonian physics into FS thru tables, but the controls that you use to maneuver in the extra axises are fixed, and I was wondering if someone could put it into the code where we could change those controls (By default, they're Z, Num 9, Mun 7, Num +, and Num -, quite uncomftorable when you're trying to fly with the joystick on your right, and you gotta squeegy your hand up next to it)

Offline RandomTiger

Um.. cant you just manually change the keys in the options?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by RandomTiger
Um.. cant you just manually change the keys in the options?

Nope - they aren't in the list. However, if you code wizards were to put them in there..... ;) :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline RandomTiger

Heres some of them anyway. Hope Im right or Im going to look silly :nervous:, what the hell any excuse for a play around in photoshop. :)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by RandomTiger

Heres some of them anyway. Hope Im right or Im going to look silly :nervous:, what the hell any excuse for a play around in photoshop. :)

I think the number keys there are for rotation....the ones that are being referred to are actuallty for sliding / strafing, and they're not used in the game a ssuch.... i.e. they're only really discoverable by fiddling about, and even then only on the Shivan ships.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by aldo_14
...and even then only on the Shivan ships.

...unless you do a bit of simple table editing.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Actually, thanks to those tables, that's the reason why I first got accepted into the Robotech MOD:D

Anyways, could you guys do that? I think it would add a lot of spice to FS2, and could make a perfect marriage of combat: IWar2-like Newtonian physics, and the super-maneuverable cool-looking space fighters from FS2.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Here's another cool idea to go along with that: maybe a Strafe When Pressed key could be added, too, like the Bank When Pressed key?  Then we could strafe just by using the joystick itself.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
were are the player controle stuffs at;

NM found it
Code: [Select]

ci->sideways = (key_down_timef(KEY_PAD3) - key_down_timef(KEY_PAD1));
ci->vertical = (key_down_timef(KEY_PADPLUS) - key_down_timef(KEY_PADENTER));

lines 809 and 810 in read_keyboard_controls() in player controle.cpp (playerman)
looking into what it should, be, but I'm probly not going to do anything tonight at least

ok looks like we'll need to add four more defines to  controlsconfig.h look around line 444
I sudgest
Code: [Select]

#define RIGHT_SLIDE_THRUST 107
#define LEFT_SLIDE_THRUST 108
#define UP_SLIDE_THRUST 109
#define DOWN_SLIDE_THRUST 110

and we'll need to up #define CCFG_MAX 107
to
#define CCFG_MAX 111

probly be a good general idea to move all the slideing stuf into do_thrust_keys()

so were are the defaults asigned?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2002, 04:30:28 am by 57 »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Here's another cool idea to go along with that: maybe a Strafe When Pressed key could be added, too, like the Bank When Pressed key?  Then we could strafe just by using the joystick itself.
How bout just change the AI code for attacking subsystems and turrets on larger ships so they dont sit there and pummel away, but instead actually make runs against the target area?

Offline RandomTiger

Originally posted by Sesquipedalian

I really like that idea.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
That'd be great for TBP :D

Then we can have some real StarFury moves :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline RandomTiger

Is any coder willing to pick up this job?

If not, Im willing to give it a shot after DX8 (if I ever get it finished), however I know nothing about ship tables and stuff like that so Im not really the best person to do it.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I'm looking into it
but I don't have a clue as to, anything regarding CVS so..
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline RandomTiger

I suggest you download the manual for reference.
Feel free to give me a shout on icq or e-mail if you have any bother. Im quite happy to do a cvs walkthough for you. The basics are easy once someone has shown you the ropes. :)

Offline Inquisitor

Crap, I forgot about getting together with you bobbau.

If RT gets to yah first, great, otherwise email me a time when you are around, and we'll get you working. You're account exists, so, we should be peachy.
No signature.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Well, if you ever get it done, I'm making a sort of mini-mod, and I'd really like to have the interchangabell  (sp) controls;)

Thnx

Unkown Target
(Which is supposed to be spelled like that, ya know:D)