Author Topic: "Warning: Couldn't fix up turret ..." inside mission  (Read 1461 times)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
"Warning: Couldn't fix up turret ..." inside mission
While testing Derelict's "The Stars are Right" with debug builds I get "Warning: Couldn't fix up turret indices in spline path" in several ships.

On three of them (capital02.pof, cruiser01x.pof and science01.pof) I get the message during mission loading. All these kinds of ships are present in the mission from the begining.

With the last one (corvette2s-01.pof), I get the error just when it jumps in from subspace.

Is this a normal behaviour? Or should corvette2s-01.pof warning have appeared during mission loading?. (I mean, is this a small bug?).
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Re: "Warning: Couldn't fix up turret ..." inside mission
It's a tiny error present in the original [v] models, which is why it's been missed a lot when doing HTL versions.

(Just copied my reply from this thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,43126.0.html)
This should be fixed in the next media VP set.

In the meantime: http://sectorfiles.net/ti-file-dump/VasudanAdmiral/FixedPofs.zip and http://sectorfiles.net/ti-file-dump/VasudanAdmiral/FixedPofsIBX.zip

Stick the contents of both those zips in your models and cache folders respectively. They will fix that error (and all the other ships the same error will occur on), and the ones I've HTLed in there should run faster too. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Sorry about my English ...

I know the "Warning" is caused by small errors in pofs. What I was asking about is if the error of warp-in ships should appear during mission loading or when they're just going to jump in.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
First of all, it sounds like you're using a debug build, since AFAIK a release build wouldn't complain about something like that.  Secondly, I've noticed that in debug FRED, an error such as this wouldn't come up until I'd placed the ship on the grid, so its possible that it waits for the ship to enter the playing field before it complains about the debug anomalies.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!