Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

So Hi guys...

(1/3) > >>

Kazan:
... What's everyone been up to? I got pulled back to the board today because a sub board i'm still mod on had a reported post lol .  Figured I would check in with all the old crew

I'm still working at Microsoft (hah can you guys remember back when I was a struggling college student.. with now-ex-wife created financial problems? god she was a money black hole).  Been having some adventures since kicking cancers ass (https://imgur.com/a/P8sm2 https://www.flickr.com/photos/denidil), etc.

Akalabeth Angel:
If your wife was a black hole for money, I guess you since got re-married to Star Citizen?  ;7

PS - Congrats on kicking cancer's ass

Turambar:
I got out of testing, and I'm a Game Designer now.  I credit this place as where it all started.

In a lot of the games industry, that means getting laid off every few years and having to move a lot.  A great deal of uncertainty.

That's why it's really great to work at Epic!  I don't have to deal with any of that! While my coworkers are busy with Fortnite, I've been working on Spyjinx, which has been announced and then we haven't said much.  It's good work, I'm mostly doing visual scripting and putting together levels, even though I started out here with art.  Going from finding bugs to making and fixing bugs has been a trip.

For home life, I got married last year, which was great.  We'd been living together for a while now.  Still have the 2 cats, who I should post in the pets thread.  No kids so I can still play lots of video games.

Kazan:

--- Quote from: Akalabeth Angel on June 12, 2018, 03:52:26 am ---If your wife was a black hole for money, I guess you since got re-married to Star Citizen?  ;7

PS - Congrats on kicking cancer's ass

--- End quote ---

She leaches more of me in a month than i've put into star citizen, and i've put a lot into star citizen.   and she's still leaching me less on alimony than she pissed away when we had a joint account.

Never get a joint account

PS - thanks

Kazan:

--- Quote from: Turambar on June 12, 2018, 04:05:18 am ---I got out of testing, and I'm a Game Designer now.  I credit this place as where it all started.

In a lot of the games industry, that means getting laid off every few years and having to move a lot.  A great deal of uncertainty.

That's why it's really great to work at Epic!  I don't have to deal with any of that! While my coworkers are busy with Fortnite, I've been working on Spyjinx, which has been announced and then we haven't said much.  It's good work, I'm mostly doing visual scripting and putting together levels, even though I started out here with art.  Going from finding bugs to making and fixing bugs has been a trip.

For home life, I got married last year, which was great.  We'd been living together for a while now.  Still have the 2 cats, who I should post in the pets thread.  No kids so I can still play lots of video games.

--- End quote ---

Congrats dude, on all of that! that's ****ing awesome dude!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version