Community Projects > The FreeSpace Upgrade Project

Only some models seem upgraded?

(1/6) > >>

ploguidic3:
Hello friends, sorry in advance if I break any rules. I used to spend a lot of time here under a different username I can't remember, but I couldn't figure out my old account. Anyways I downloaded the Knossos launcher and was really impressed with how easy it was to use! I downloaded the Freespace 2 Upgrade Project \ MediaVPs, enabled all the VPs, and booted the game up.

Some ships looked incredible! The Ulysses for example is wildly overhauled, and matches the model shown in the Wiki, the GVD Hatshepsut looks wild and bristling with lights and slick textures. The Loki, Hercules, and Myrmidon all look pretty much the same as their  retail selves however. It seems to be a totally mixed bag, and it's VERY noticeable just going through the tech room, versus looking at the models showcased wiki. Is this a fair comparison, or are a lot of the FSO models featured in the wiki custom skin jobs that aren't supposed to be a part of the out-of-the-box experience for the Upgrade Project?

I really appreciate any guidance people can give me towards figuring out if I have a configuration issue or if I'm simply not working off good reference material. Thank you!

Oddgrim:
Hi and welcome back. c:
The loki and herc should be upgraded, the myrmidon is still missing its upgrade I think. It sounds like that you are missing files for some reason.
Did you do the manual install or though knossos?

ploguidic3:
Did the install through Knossos. I also attempted to verify the integrity of the files and it passed 14 for 14. Is there a better way to verify? Or a way to manually drop the files into  a Knossos install?

Black Wolf:
The modernity, complexity and degree of difference between the original and upgraded models varies considerably ship to ship. The Herc and Loki look quite similar in their upgraded form to their original form, until you look closely. What's something that will only bring the most recent MediaVPs that's changed a lot since retail... Mentu maybe? Arcadia? Also, maybe post a picture of a couple of ships that aren't upgraded vs a couple that are?

General Battuta:
Are you not seeing modeled cockpits with little guys on the Herc/Loki? If you're not seeing those something's wrong.

--- Quote from: Black Wolf on September 28, 2018, 06:32:34 pm ---The modernity, complexity and degree of difference between the original and upgraded models varies considerably ship to ship. The Herc and Loki look quite similar in their upgraded form to their original form, until you look closely. What's something that will only bring the most recent MediaVPs that's changed a lot since retail... Mentu maybe? Arcadia? Also, maybe post a picture of a couple of ships that aren't upgraded vs a couple that are?

--- End quote ---

Nah this ain't it, the Herc and Loki look wildly better in their upgraded forms even at a glance. There's absolutely no mistaking the two.

But yes, definitely post pics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version