Author Topic: "The Time of Circles"  (Read 1192 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
"The Time of Circles"
This is one of my first attempts of writting a fictional text completly in English - everything I did before was translating my German stories to English (what had quite an impact on the style I guess)...

It is quite influenced by FS, FS 2 and my understanding who the Shivans are, what they are, where they come from and what they do... maybe you can say that the "they" are Shivans....
It is also is stuff for a FS 2 SCP campaign I am working on and which is far from being complete...

"The Time of Circles"
They are nine but they were one.
It is hard to understand who are and how they are. They are not a part of what we know but they are connected to it. Time is meaningless to them - or was it until now. While they wait centuries might pass appearing to them like single moments.
They share their minds with another, leaving no I to exist but not melting them into collective We.
They observe the stars and wander them. Alone they are nothing; together they are titans wandering between the miracles of the universe. Their kind is everywhere and nowhere alike.
Now they watch a single formation of stars. They watch those on screens and on projections as these stars are far away.
They could have moved and observed form a position not as far away as they are now but the stars they watch had been off limits to them for so long that mankind cannot remember.
Now the Rhythms of the Song had changed and announced the coming events. They see what is about to begin: The First Circle is nearly complete. When it is completed a seal which had lasted for long would be broken. It would be broken for moments only but that would be time enough.
They exchange no looks but thoughts. They decide that they need to move and so they send a call. Somewhere in the depths of subspace their call is answered and more of their kind will join them.
Along with these comes a giant Engine of War. It had been designed for a single battle, for a single foe and for a single moment. Nothing comparable to this had been created by them in the past; no effort like this had been done before.
Because they never had to fear before.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."